Best Books for IAS Preparation: Before preparation, Candidates are worried about the Book for IAS Preparation. Here aspirants can check all books which can help to prepare for the IAS exam. All these books mention below which is recommend by the Export and Last year topers. Candidates can check all these books Online or Offline. These books easily available in the market.
|UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers (Hindi) – Buy Now|
|Civil Service General Studies 20 Years Solved Papers – Buy Now|
|GK Book for UPSC & PCS Exam (English Medium) – Buy Now|
Best Books for IAS Preparation:
Find below all book which is Best Books for IAS Preparation. All these topics covered in this book – Indian History & Culture, Science and Technology, Indian Polity & Constitution, Indian Geography and World Geography, Indian Economy, Environment – Ecology, Biodiversity, and Climate Change, Current Affairs, CSAT (For those weak in CSAT), World History, Indian Society, Foreign Relations of India, Books for UPSC Interview:
GS Manuals for Prelims Exam (All-in-One Guides):
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
- General Studies Paper 1 Manual: Candidates who are beginners can preparation by the Arihant, Manuals by Pearson and McGraw Hill these books are Best Books for IAS Preparation.
- General Studies Paper 2 Manual: Pearson, McGraw Hill, or Arihant.
Indian History and Culture:
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma. (Ancient India – Text Book)
- History Of Modern India – Bipan Chandra. (Modern India – Text Book)
- History Of Medieval India – Satish Chandra. (Medieval India – Text Book)
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (Modern India – Read like a story)
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania. (For quick reference – Culture)
- The Wonder That Was India – A.L. Basham. (Ancient India and Culture)
- Modern Indian History – Sonali Bansal (For quick reference – Modern India)
- Ancient and Medieval India – Poonam Dalal (For quick reference – Ancient and Medieval India)
- A Brief History of Modern India – Spectrum (For quick reference – Modern India)
Indian Geography and World Geography:
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford. (Geography)
- World Geography – Majid Husain (World Geography)
- Geography of India – Majid Husain. (Indian Geography)
- Human Geography – Majid Husain (Human Geography – Social and Economic)
- Physical Geography – Savindra Singh (Physical Geography)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong. (Physical and Human Geography).
Indian Polity and Constitution:
- Introduction to the Constitution of India – D. D. Basu (Constitution)
- Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – M. Laxmikanth. (Polity)
- Indian Economy Key Concepts – Shankarganesh (Concepts)
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh. (Economy)
- Economic Survey. (Indian Economy Trends and Statistics)
- The Indian Economy – Sanjiv Verma (Advanced Economy Topics)
CSAT (For those weak in CSAT)
- Analytical Reasoning – M. K. Pandey (CSAT – Paper 2: Analytical Reasoning)
- Cracking the CSAT – Arihant (CSAT – Paper 2)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal (CSAT Paper 2: Reasoning)
Science and Technology:
- Science and Technology in India – Ravi P Agrahari
- Science and Technology – Sheelwant Singh.
Environment – Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change:
- Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains – Khuller. (Environment)
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure – Rajagopalan. (Environment)
- Environment – Shankar
- Manorama Yearbook. (Current Affairs)
- India Year Book (Current Affairs)
Books for UPSC Mains Exam:
Find below books that will help you to clear the UPSC Mains Examination:
Essay (UPSC Mains Essay Paper):
- Essays for Civil Services – Pulkit Khare
- Selected Contemporary Essays – Saumitra Mohan
India Since Independence (Part of UPSC Mains GS1 Paper):
- India After Gandhi – Ramchandra Guha
- India Since Independence – Bipan Chandra
- Post-Independence India – Sonali Bansal
World History (Part of UPSC Mains GS1 Paper):
- Mastering Modern World History – Norman Lowe
- History of the World – Arjun Dev
- Modern World History – Uddipan
- World History – Krishna Reddy
Indian Society (GS Paper 1 for UPSC Mains):
- Social Change in Modern India – M N Srinivas
- Social Problems In India – Ram Ahuja.
- Indian Society – Senthil
Governance (GS Paper 2 for UPSC Mains):
- Governance in India – M.Karthikeyan
- Governance in India – Laxmikanth
- Esencia Current Affairs
- Current Issues – What’s Hot Today
Foreign Relations of India (GS Paper 2 for UPSC Mains):
- Pax Indica – Shashi Tharoor.
- International Relations – Pavneet Singh.
- India and the World by Surendra Kumar.
Internal Security (GS Paper 3 for UPSC Mains):
- Challenges to Internal Security of India – Ashok Kumar.
- Internal Security – M.Karthikeyan.
- India’s National Security: A Reader – Bajpai.
- India’s Internal Security – Rajkumar.
Aptitude, Ethics & Integrity (GS Paper 4 for UPSC Mains):
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude – M. Karthikeyan
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude – Niraj Kumar.
- Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude – Subha Rao
Books for UPSC Interview:
- Common Mistakes At UPSC Civil Services Examination & How to Avoid Them – Abhishek Dular
- Civil Services Interview – Madhukar
- Esencia Current Affairs.