Calcutta University Admission 2023 will be commenced in the month of May –June 2023 by the University of Calcutta. This is a state university situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. Calcutta University is responsible for commencing admission procedures for undergraduate and postgraduate level courses. There will be proviso for admission in the B.Tech course as well which will be based on WBJEE scores. Candidates must go through the article for recently updated information such as exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria and lots more about Calcutta University admission 2023.
List of Courses Offered:
- University offers several undergraduate-level courses such as B.Tech, B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, B.Mus., BBA Hons., BFA, BFAD,
- Several postgraduate level courses such as BA LLB, M.A, M.Sc., M.Com, etc.
Calcutta University Admission 2023 Application Form:
- Application forms for Calcutta University Admission 2023 attained via online mode. Fill the application form in the months –May and June.
- Fill the application form and submit it prior to the month of July.
- It is important to go through the eligibility norms prior you apply for the entrance test.
- Candidates will fill their names, email addresses, date of birth, and other personal & academic details in the application form.
- There will be no acceptance of an incomplete or incorrect application form accepted.
- While you fill the application form, ensure to upload the passport-sized photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- If there will be any crucial info, then it will be shared via the candidate’s registered email ID & phone number.
- Candidates must choose the courses as per the preference of order to apply. Ensure to select the course carefully as no changes will be made later after submission.
- There will be the implementation of the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for Undergraduate level courses or Post graduate-level courses; there will be a necessity for speedy completion of the registration process.
- Take a printout of the application form for further reference.
Calcutta University 2023 Application Fee:
The application fee for undergraduate and postgraduate courses are mentioned below:
For UG Course:
- Those who belong to the General category will submit Rs.100.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ BPL/ PwD category will pay Rs.25as application fee.
- Make submission of the application fee via online and offline mode
- The online mode consisted of a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- For offline mode, utilize the challan method by SBI.
For PG Course:
- Those who belong to the General category will submit Rs.200.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ BPL/ PwD category will pay Rs.100 as the application fee.
- If the candidate has applied for BA LLB, then general category candidates will submit Rs 500 and reserved category candidates will submit Rs.250 as an application fee.
- Candidates can make submission of the application fee via Bill Desk Gateway.
Calcutta University 2023 Exam Date:
Find below the Calcutta University 2023 Exam Date for UG & PG Courses:
For UG Courses Exam Date:
|Application form submission date start||1st week of June 2023|
|Publish the merit list||July 2023|
|Calcutta University Admission 2023 Start||July 2023|
|Classes start from||July 2023|
|Subject Change last date||July 2023|
For PG Courses Exam Date:
|Application form process||May 2023|
|End to submit the application form||July 2023|
|Application form submission the last date||July 2023|
|Last date to submit an application fee||July 2023|
|Admit Card Released Date||July 2023|
|Calcutta University 2023 Exam Date||July 2023|
|Admission procedure start||August 2023|
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
For Undergraduate Courses:
- Candidates must have successfully cleared the Intermediate or equivalent examination from the recognized board or university.
- Candidates must have attained at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST category.
- For Tech admission, the WBJEE rank will be considered valid.
For Postgraduate Courses:
- Candidates must successfully clear their graduation in B.Sc. Hons. or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have attained at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam and 40% will be the eligible scores for reserved category candidates.
- The exam for the PG courses will be commenced via online (computer-based) mode. Students will complete the paper in the duration of an hour. There will be 50 multiple choice type questions in the paper. 2 marks will be given for every correct answer. There will be a deduction of 0.5 marks for every incorrect answer.
- However, for undergraduate courses, there will be no entrance test so candidates will be chosen on the basis of the qualifying marks. WBJEE scores will be considered valid for B.Tech admission.
Calcutta University Admission 2023 Process:
Calcutta University 2023 Admission Procedure comprises the filling of the application form, appearing in the test, qualifying the examination and counseling process. There will be no entrance test in case of admission onto Undergraduate courses. Candidates will be provided with admission in UG & PG level courses at Calcutta University as per the marks acquired in the entrance examination. Those who are seeking admission in the B.Tech course will have to apply via WBJEE scores.
Merit List/ Result:
A merit list will be generated in the month of July 2023. Candidates will check the result or merit scores via online mode. The admission will be given to the candidates via the merit list. To check the exam result, the candidate will login using their User ID and password. The admission will be provided after document verification. Candidate’s admission may get canceled in case they fail to verify the documents during the counseling time.
Counselling will be organized in the month of August 2023. It is compulsory for all qualified candidates to appear in the counseling process. The qualified candidates will appear for the counselling after results are announced. Make sure to carry original documents and photocopies of the following:
- Admit card of Calcutta University 2023
- Intermediate admit card
- Admission slip
- Mark sheet/certificate of class X
- Mark sheet/ certificate of class XII
- Migration certificate
- Demand draft
- Candidates declaration using format II
- The undertaking of ragging in the prescribed format, etc
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here