Can Civilians Get Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya?: The Kendriya Vidyalaya is a renowned chain of schools under the aegis of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. It was founded and managed by MHRD, the Government of India. The motive of Kendriya Vidyalaya is to provide education to the children of defense personnel who are transferred to different parts of the country. These schools were founded to provide a common base and quality education to its students. As schools offer ace education, this raises the question ‘Can Civilians Get Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya?’
This question is quite common to ask because many civilians are eager to acquire admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya. All KVs is CBSE affiliated and students can take AISSE (class X) and AISSCE (class XII) Examination in march month every year. However, civilians can also seek admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya. Children of central government employees, even private employees & self-employed people can also apply for their child’s admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya.
Is Kendriya Vidyalaya Better Than Private Schools?:
Kendriya Vidyalayas are located in airforce bases; therefore, these schools have mixed cultures in the school where or in which city the school is located. You may take admission to a KV to find students from various parts of the country (children of IAF personnel) and this is the reason why KV’s celebrate the festivals and functions with zest and pride. Fortunately, KVs books are the same in all the regions, which is not the case with private schools.
The fee charged in Kendriya Vidyalayas is lesser as compared to the private schools. Private schools are costly and these schools charge a high cost for books, uniforms, and activities. Besides this, KVs holds a high reputation all over. The school has diverse culture because students from corners of the nation take admission in KVs, sometimes due to transfer cases, etc. So I think Yes Kendriya Vidyalaya is Better Than Private Schools.
How to Get Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya?:
To acquire admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, applicants are required to check the eligibility criteria. If you are eligible for admission, then fill out the application form. Here are the details:
KV Admission Process to Apply:
- First of all, fill the KV admission form by visiting the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
- After filling the application form, submit the prescribed documents at the respective KVs
- Pay the application fee
- Once the child get admission in the school, pay the school fees.
Before you start filling the application form, check the eligibility criteria for admission. Here are the details:
- The children of Indian Nationals can apply for admission into Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- Those who are located in India are also eligible for admission in KVS
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
- Child must be 6 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I.
- Candidates will be given age relaxation to differently-abled children by the Principal.
The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in KV are as follows:
- Class I: 6-8 years
- Class 2: 6-8 years
- Class 3: 7-9 years
- Class 4: 8-10 years
- Class 5: 9-11 years
- Class 6: 10-11 years
- Class 7: 11-13 years
- Class 8: 12-14 years
- Class 9: 13-15 years
- Class 10: 14-16 years
Note: There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI and the student is attaining admission in Class X. Similarly, no upper and lower age limit for admission to class XII
After checking the conditions, fulfill the registration procedure.
KVS Registration Process:
- First, visit the KVS online admission portal: kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
- Now, click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Go through the instructions carefully and click on proceed.
- The KV registration window will open. Enter the child’s name, parent’s name, date of birth, e-mail ID, mobile number and other details
- Enter the captcha code and click on the ‘register’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the entered mobile number and enter the same to confirm the contact details.
- You will find Login details on the screen.
Is Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya Difficult?:
Admission is not difficult in KV. There is no limitation for filling the application form of Kendriya Vidyalaya. In case of seat limitation, the management gives admission on priority. The first priority is given to children of Defence and ex-Defence people. However, applicants of other categories may also apply. You need to do the following things:
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 – Apply Now
Submit the Documents:
Here is the list of documents needed for admission:
- Date of Birth certificate
- Child’s Passport Size photograph
- Proof of Residence
- SC/ST/OBC certificate
- EWS/BPL certificate
- An affidavit in the case of Single Girl Child
- Service certificate of employee
- A proof of the relationship of a child’s parents with grandparents.
Priority Category System:
Admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya is provided to children on the basis of priority:
- Children of (Transferable, and non-transferable) – 1st
- Central government employees, and ex-servicemen – 2nd
- Employees of autonomous bodies, public sector undertaking or Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India – 3rd
- State government employees – 4th
- Employees of autonomous bodies/public sector undertaking of the Government of respective state – 5th
- Children of any other category and foreign national officials
Out of 40 seats, 10 are reserved for SC/ST Physically Disabled students. The detailed KV admission reservation system is mentioned below:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 7.5 %
- Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) – 27%
- Physically Disabled (PH) – 3%
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here