CAT 2021: Common Admission Test or CAT is the most crucial entrance examination for seeking MBA admissions. It is an all-India test commenced by IIM or Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam to give admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in the various management courses of management institutes located in India such as innumerous IIMs. Above 100 B-Schools acknowledge the CAT score. It is all based on the CAT percentile score that the eligible candidates are shortlisted and given a call for the Written Aptitude Test (WAT), Personal Interview, and Group Discussion (GD). You can see all information regarding the Cat 2021-22 Exam Such as Application Form, Entrance Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Eligibility, Syllabus, Admit Card & Result.
CAT Exam 2021 Notification:
- 4th August 2021: CAT 2021 Application Form has been released and the last date to apply is 15th September 2021.
- 2nd August 2021: CAT 2021 official notification has been released on 1st August 2021.
CAT Exam 2021: Highlights
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Name of the Exam||CAT 2021|
|Full-Form||Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute Of Management|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|CAT Exam Purpose||Admission to the top management colleges of India.|
|CAT Exam Level||National Level|
|Category||Management Entrance Exams|
CAT Exam Date 2021:
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
Candidates can check here the CAT Exam Date 2021, All are mention below. Any other latest updated student also visit the official website:
|Date for Notification||1st August 2021|
|CAT 2021 Registration date start||4th August 2021|
|Application form Last date||15th September 2021|
|Last date of correction the Application Form||September 2021|
|Admit card date Release||27th October 2021|
|Mock Test Release||October 2021|
|CAT 2021 Exam Date Announced||28th November 2021|
|Answer key release||December 2021|
|Last date to submit an objection||December 2021|
|Result Date announcement||January 2022|
CAT Exam 2021 Application Form:
The CAT 2021 registration will be done online mode. CAT 2021 Application Form will be started from 4th August 2021. The candidate needs to visit the official site www.iimcat.ac to acquire and fill the form.
Fee for Admission: Candidates belonging to general and NC-OBC need to make payment of ₹2200/- as application fee and on the contrary, ₹1100/ for those belonging to SC/ST/PWD (DA)
- The students who want to apply for CAT 2021. They can apply online.
- When you want to apply for CAT Exam first you have to check your qualification eligibility. You can check your eligibility on the Official website of CAT
- Candidates can online registrations from August 2021. Also make an online payment by Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net banking.
- Candidates who are NC, OBC need to pay 2200 Rupees. Reservation candidates SC & ST need to pay only 1100 Rupees.
Steps to Apply for CAT 2021 Application Form:
- Visit the official website of CAT 2021.
- On the Homepage, click on the ‘Register’ link.
- Then fill in the required details and then click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- The confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number regarding your login credentials.
- Now, log in with the help of the Application Number and Password.
- Then fill in all the detail like personal, basic, and communication details carefully.
- Upload documents i.e. scanned photograph and signature in the JPG/ JPEG format.
- Recheck and verify all details and then click on the ‘Save and continue’
- Take the printout of the confirmation page.
|CAT 2021 Application Form||Click here|
|CAT 2021 Advertisement||Click here|
|CAT 2021 Information Bulletin||Click here|
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA with 45% for SC category candidates, ST and DA (Differently Abled) categories.
- Those who have appeared in the final year of the bachelor’s degree or equivalent to it or else who have completed with the degree needs or else waiting for the results can also apply for the examination.
- For Schedule Caste, there is a total number of seat reserves of 15%.
- For Schedule Tribe, there is a total number of seat reserves of 7.5%.
- 27% for Backward Classes (OBC, NC).
- 10% for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) candidates
- For PWD Differently Able (DA) candidates, there are 5 % of seats are reserved.
The examination is divided into two different sections – Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. The duration of the exam will be for 170 minutes and each section comprises 50 questions.
|Sections||Subjects||Duration||No. Of Question||Marks|
|I||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||1 Hour||32||96|
|II||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||1 Hour||34||102|
|III||Quantitative Ability||1 Hour||34||102|
|Total||3 Hours||100 Questions||300 marks|
The CAT examination is commencing to give admission to the various management courses in top institutions. The syllabus is as follows:
- English/Verbal Ability: Verbal Reasoning, Reading comprehension, antonyms and synonyms, syllogisms, analogies, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
- Maths/Quant Ability: Trigonometry, probability, mensuration, time and work, permutation combination, algebra, averages, percentages, Number systems, quadratic and linear equations, geometry, profit & loss, etc.
- Data Interpretation: Tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, Venn diagram, etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, premise, conclusion, Clocks, calendars, binary logic, assumption, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
The admit card will be provided to the candidates through the online mode. One needs to make use of the official website of CAT, the admit card can be acquired. Make use of the admit card during the time of examination as it is an important to document, that needs to be with the candidates while attempting for the exam.
Mostly CAT conducted the exam every year on Sunday. Above 2 lakh students apply for this exam. CAT will be conducted in centers spread across around 158 test cities. For more, you can see below Cat Exam Centers. You will find every state of India’s Exam center.
Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam
CAT 2021 Exam Related Post:
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
CAT result 2021 will be announced in January 2022. The result will be available for download on the official website of the IIMCAT.
Steps to download Exam Result:
- Visit the official website.
- Then click on the login link.
- Go to the scorecard tab.
- Click on the download button and save a copy of your CAT result cum scorecard