CDS 2021: When there are many opportunities and fewer options then competition is very tough. Especially when you are trying to become part of the government jobs then the recruitment process demands a lot from you. One of the exams such as the CDS 2021-22 1st Exam from UPSC offers higher opportunities for a golden career in front of the younger brains. Every year UPSC conducts the CDS Examination two times a year. If you are desperately waiting to be part of this well-known examination then know every detail mention here:
|UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers (Hindi) – Buy Now|
|Civil Service General Studies 20 Years Solved Papers – Buy Now|
|GK Book for UPSC & PCS Exam (English Medium) – Buy Now|
UPSC CDS 2021 Notification:
- UPSC has been declared the CDS I result on 23rd March 2021 on the Official website.
- The Exam will be conducted on 7th February 2021 for CDS I & on 14th November 2021 for CDS II.
CDS 2021 Highlights
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Name of the Examination||Combined Defence Services Examination|
|Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam purpose||To select candidates as Commissioned Officers in Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force|
|CDS vacancies||To be announced|
CDS 2021 Exam Date:
|Events||CDS (I) Exam Dates||CDS (II) Exam Dates|
|Official notice will be Announced||28th October 2020||04th August 2021|
|Online application form submission date start||28th October 2020||—|
|Application form last date for the receipt||17th November 2020||24th August 2021|
|Application Withdrawn||24th to 30th November 2020||—
|Admit card date announce||7th January 2021||—|
|CDS Entrance Exam Date 2021||07th February 2021 (1 Day)||14th November 2021 (1 Day)|
|Result date announced on||23rd March 2021||—|
CDS 2021 Application Form:
CDS examination usually commences in February. For collecting the examination form, one needs to make use of the online facility i.e. one needs to collect the application form via online mode. Fill this form accurately and submit it before the last date of submission. The expected date for the examination form is 7th February 2021 for CDS I.
Steps to apply for the CDS I 2021 Exam:
- Visit the Official website of UPSC.
- Then click the link of the UPSC CDS I Online Application Form.
- A new page will open, click the option, “Click here for Part I registration”
- On the next page, Check for the declaration at the bottom of the page, “Yes, I Agree”.
- Then fill in the personal details carefully.
- Finally, Agree for declaration and Submit Part I of the UPSC CDS I Online Application Form.
- Now apply for the Part II of the Application form and make Payment details, selection of examination center, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document, and Declaration.
- Verify all the credentials and then click Submit, download your application form for future use.
|CDS (I) 2021 Notification: Click here|
|Name of the Course||Number of Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||26|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men||170|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women||17|
- IMA and Officer’s Training Academy – Candidates need to have attained the graduation degree from the recognized university.
- Indian Naval Academy – Candidates must have completed Engineering from some recognized university
- Air Force Academy – Candidates need to have acquired the degree of graduation from some recognized university (with subjects like Physics and Chemistry in class XII) or BTech.
Note– Those candidates who have appeared in the final year, can also apply for the CDS 2021 Exam.
- IMA age criteria – candidate must be male and unmarried with age limit between 18 and 22 yrs.
- INA age criteria – candidate must be male and unmarried with age limit between 18 and 22 yrs.
- Indian Airforce Academy or IAF then-candidate need to be male and unmarried with age limit between 18 and 22 yrs.
- Officers Training Academy or SSC Course for Men, then-candidate need to have age limit between 18 and 22 yrs, married or unmarried, both are valid in this case.
- If applying for Officers Training Academy then, the candidate needs to be Unmarried or Widows or Divorcees with the age limit between 18 and 22 yrs.
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
The factor of Nationality:
Candidate needs to be of Indian nationality, Bhutan, Nepal, or Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before the 1st of January 1962 with the purpose to live permanently.
Process for Selection:
To get select for the examination, some of the stages are mandatory to move to so that one reaches the final destination i.e. on various posts such as OTA, AFA, IMA, and INA. Applicants need to choose based on the performance done in the written test, preceded with a personal interview, verification of the documents, and lastly medical verification
If you have applied for the examination, then ensure to have complete details of the examination pattern which consisted of several questions, type of questions appear in the question paper, duration of exam, subjects involved, marking scheme, marks weight, and question paper format. After you collect all the details of the examination pattern, you will be at ease while preparing for the examination.
- The Exam will be conducted through Offline Mode.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective-type questions only.
- The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In both sections, English and General Awareness, for each correct answer +0.83 mark will be given and for each wrong attempt will be deducted -0.27 marks.
- In Mathematics, +1 marks will be given for every correct answer and will be deducted – 0.33 for each wrong attempt.
CDS Exam Pattern for IMA, INA, and AFA:
|Section||Number of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Knowledge||120||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours||100|
CDS Exam Pattern for OTA (officer’ Training Academy)
|Section||Number of Questions||Duration||Maximum marks|
|General Knowledge||120||2 hours||100|
Syllabus for Examination:
The best start of the examination is to know every detail about the syllabus. In the CDS Syllabus, all the topics that appear in the exam will be included that cover each section in the question paper. Make sure to have all details in advance so that preparation won’t be a troubling matter.
- English(Code No. 01): The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Some important topics are Antonyms & Synonyms, Active & Passive Voice, Ordering of words in a sentence, Grammar, Vocabulary, Spotting Errors, etc.
- General Knowledge (Code No. 02): The General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on the History of India and the Geography of nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study.
- Elementary Mathematics (Code No. 03): The questions will be asked in the exam from the topics of Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statics, etc.
Selection and Interview Procedure:
The SSB procedure consists of a two-stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear stage I are permitted to appear for stage II.
- Stage I contains the Officer Intelligence Rating Test which means this test will check candidates’ capacity of Picture Perception and Description Test (PP&DT).
- Stage II contains tests like Psychological Test, Interview, Group Testing Office Task, and Conference.
CDS Admit Card Details:
For collecting Admit Card for the CDS examination, you need to make use of the online facility. The CDS-I 2021 Admit Card has been released on 7th January 2021. Those who have applied for the entrance test, need to collect the admit card by downloading the process from the main website of UPSC. There is no provision in the post for collecting the admit card.
The UPSC CDS I 2021 Examination will be held at the following Centres:
- Panaji (Goa)
- Port Blair
- Prayagraj (Allahabad),
CDS Answer Key 2021:
There will be provision for answer key by UPSC once the CDS I & II Examination 2021 as soon as written examination successfully gets over. Download the answer key from the official website of UPSC. You have to update it.
UPSC CDS Exam I Result 2021:
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has been announced the UPSC CDS 2021 Exam I Result. Candidates can check the result on the official website of UPSC. The authority also sends the mail to the candidate who qualifies for the exam. After the result candidate will be called for the SSB/Interview.
Steps To Download UPSC CDS Exam I Result 2021:
- Visit the Official Website of UPSC i.e, www.upsc.gov.in
- On the home page, visit the What’s New section.
- Then, Find The UPSC CDS I Result 2021 Link & Click it.
- Then a Result will be shown in pdf Form.
- Click on Download.
- Check the UPSC CDS I Exam Result 2021 & take the printout of it.
UPSC CDS I Result 2021: Click here
Cut off Marks Details:
UPSC reveals the cut-off marks for the exam after a few days. Cut-off implies the minimum marks that the candidate scored for qualifying for the CDS 2021 I & II exam. Those who have completed the examination can take part in the stages like the selection process.