|Exam Dates||Application Form||Eligibility||Exam Pattern||Admit Card|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020: The Union Public Service Commission is responsible for the selection of eligible candidates for training and/or appointment in the Defence Services, the National Defence Academy, the Air Force Academy, the Naval Academy, etc. The commission conducts examination and interview at a national scale for combing out the eligible candidates. The UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Preliminary Exam 2020-21 is conducted in two stages. The preliminary examination helps select the eligible candidates for the Mains examination, which is scheduled at a later stage. The notification mentioning the tentative dates for all the examinations are available at the official UPSC website.
UPSC Notification (Latest):
- The UPSC 2019 personality test has been postponed due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Personality test was scheduled from 23rd March to 3rd April 2020
- UPSC will announce new dates in the month of April 2020
UPSC Notification 2020 – Mains Exam Date Released:
- UPSC 2020 Notification will be released on 12th February 2020 for more details aspirants can check the official website of UPSC.
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2020 exam date announced the exam will be conducted on 31 May 2020.
- Civil Services (Main) Examination 2020 will be conducted on 18 September 2020 (FRIDAY) this exam duration will be 5 days.
- UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020-21 Application form submission last date will 3rd March 2020. For more details about UPSC Civil Service Notification Click Here:
The official notification for Civil Services Prelims Exam 2020 is expected online and in print from February 2020. The applications are available the same day. The last date by which the application must be submitted online is March 2020. The examination will be held in June 2020. A candidate needs to apply for the examination at a link given on the UPSC website only. Registration at the given link requires a valid email address and phone number. After successful registration, a candidate is redirected to the application form filling portal. The portal is divided into two parts namely, Part I and Part II. A candidate is required to submit correct academic and DOB details as mentioned in the certificates.
|हिंदी में पढ़ें: सिविल सेवा परीक्षा के बारे में|
A candidate must have in readiness, the means to make the payment of Rs 100 online. Alternatively, the candidate may choose to pay in cash at the SBI counter after generating the pay-in-slip during application submission. The candidate must pay the fee the next day without fail so that the application submission procedure is completed successfully failing which, the candidate’s application is rejected. The candidate also requires to have in readiness, the scanned copy of candidate signature and photograph in JPG format, both of which must not exceed 40KB in size, to be attached to Part II of the application form.
|Click Here – UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Preparation Tips|
Here we are giving information about UPSC 2020 Exam Date, Notification Released Dates, Application form Start to submit & End Date, UPSC 2020 Date ( Prelims & Main Exam), etc: Civil Service Exam 2020 Schedule of Filing Details below check it briefly:
|Download UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers – Click Here|
|Notification of UPSC Prelims Exam Date||12th February 2020|
|Application Available||12th February 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||3rd March 2020 (by 6:00 pm)|
|Prelims Exam Admit Card Available||9th May 31st May 2020|
|Civil Services Preliminary Exam Date||31st May 2020 (1 Day)|
|Exam Result 2020 (Prelims)||August 2020|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||September 2020|
|UPSC 2020 Exam Date (Main)||18th to 27th September 2020 (5 Days)|
|Final Result Declaration Date||January 2021|
|Interview & Personality Test Date||The second week of February 2021|
Groups and Services:
Here we are giving them information about what kind of services provide the UPSC. Candidates also find below Civil service Group A and Group B Service:
All India Services: The UPSC provide below all service on the basis of all India level:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
- Indian Police Service (IPS).
Central Services (Group A): If candidates attempt the Civil Service Exam and qualify the exam. According to the score, they can get below one of service:
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS).
- Indian Information Service (IIS).
- Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES).
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS).
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS).
- Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service (IP&TAFS).
- Indian Postal Service (IPoS).
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS-IT).
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS).
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS).
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS).
- Railway Protection Force (RPF).
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS-C&CE).
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS).
- Indian Trade Service (ITS).
Group B Services:
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Civil Service (DANICS).
- Pondicherry Civil Service.
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service (DANIPS).
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (AFHCS).
- Pondicherry Police Service.
An Indian citizen satisfying the age criteria, educational qualification criteria, and physical standard criteria can apply for the UPSC Civil Service Preliminary Examination. There is also a restriction on the number of attempts for a candidate. The age criteria require the candidate to have attained 21 years of age (not more than 31 years) as of August 2020. Age relaxation norms are applicable for ex-servicemen and SC/ST candidates. Educational Requirements of a candidate dictate the need for a degree from a college that is deemed as a university. A candidate must adhere to strict physical standards as mentioned by the commission in the notification guidelines.
Find Below UPSC Other Exam List:
UPSC Age Limit 2020:
Below we are mentions the UPSC Age limit 2020-21 category wise. Here aspirant also checks the total number of attempts they get:
|Category||UPSC Age limit 2020||No. Of Attempts|
|General||32 Years||6 Attempts (till the age of 32 years)|
|OBC||35 Years||9 Attempts (till the age of 35 years)|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No Age Limit|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Year||GEN/OBC= 9|
Attempts SC/ST= No bar
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs,|
SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs
|No Age Limit|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40|
Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.
|No Age Limit|
UPSC 2020 Nationality:
- Candidates must be Indian citizen for the IAS & IPS.
- Candidates also can apply for Nepal or a subject of Bhutan.
- Candidates who migrate from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Myanmar, Zambia, Kenya, Uganda, Zaire & Vietnam now permanent shift India they can also apply.
The UPSC Preliminary Examination consists of two papers.
- Paper I and Paper II given in multiple-choice questions. Paper I carry 200 Marks and tests the candidate’s knowledge of General Science, current national, international events and Geography, Indian politics, governance, economic and social development.
- Paper-II tests for comprehension skills, logical reasoning, general mental ability, basic numeracy, data interpretation, communication skills, etc. It is a qualifying paper requiring 33% of minimum qualification marks. A candidate must appear for both the papers in order to qualify for the Mains examination which is held in October 2020.
UPSC 2020 Preliminary Exam:
- The UPSC 2020 Preliminary Exam will be divided into two parts First is GS (General Studies) and CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test). The GS will be 400marks and CSAT will be 200 marks.
- The question paper will be Multiple types.
- Paper Medium: The question papers will be English and Hindi.
- Duration of Exam: The Prelims Exam duration will be 2-hour.
|Paper-I||GS – General Studies||200|
|Paper-II||CSAT – Civil Service Aptitude Test||200|
UPSC Exam Pattern Mains Exam:
The UPSC 2020 Mains Exam will be included in the written exam & Interview.
|A||This will languages which is select by the candidate (Qualifying)||300|
|II||General Studies I||250|
|III||General Studies II||250|
|IV||General Studies III||250|
|V||General Studies IV||250|
|VI, VII||Candidates can choose these subjects this will be optional||500|
|Sub Total (Written Test)||1750|
|Personality Test (Interview)||275|
UPSC Syllabus 2020:
UPSC Prelims 2020 Exam Syllabus: Civil Service Prelims Exam Syllabus will be common for all candidates.
- The General Studies (Paper-I): This paper holds the 250 marks. In this paper the candidate required to write essays on multiple topics. Candidates must have briefly described the topics.
- The CSAT (paper-II): All these topics will come in this paper, Topics will Basic Numeracy, English Comprehension, Interpersonal Skills, General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning, Decision Making & Problem Solving, etc.
- IAS Exam 2020 Mains Syllabus: The Civil Service Main Exam Syllabus asked almost everything under the sun. Candidates must have deep knowledge of your subjects.
|Paper Name||Nature of the Paper||Marks||Questions||Exam Duration|
|IAS Exam Paper – I: General Studies||Merit Ranking Nature||200 Marks||100||2 Hours|
|IAS Exam Paper – II: General Studies (CSAT)||Qualifying Nature||200 Marks||80||2 Hours|
|Click Here – Best Books for UPSC Civil Services Preparation|
UPSC 2020-21 Selection Process:
Here candidates can find the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Selection process.
Stage I: Preliminary Examination:
- Advertised will become in May and held in August every year.
- The result will be published in mid of October.
Stage II: Main Examination:
- UPSC Main Exam will be in December every year.
- The result will be announced in the second week of March.
Stage III: Personality Test (Interview):
- The UPSC 2020 Interview Held in April/May each year.
- The final result will be announced in May.
- Candidates can check the UPSC Civil Service 2020 Exam Admit Card from the UPSC official website.
- The Admit Card will be available through online mode.
- The Authority will not send the Hall Ticket by speed post.
- For the download the admit card candidates can check the official website.
UPSC 2020 Result:
- On the Official Website of UPSC, candidates can check the Civil Service Exam 2020 Result.
- Authority will release the separate result for Preliminary and Mains Examination.
- Between January to February Mains result will be announced.
- The Final Result and Merit List will be published the June or July.
- The result will be in PDF format. Before getting result candidates must have Roll Number.