CUSAT CAT 2021: CUSAT stands for Cochin University of Science and technology. CUSAT was established in 1971 in Kochi, Kerala, India and it is a government authorized university. It has 3 campuses out of which two are located in Kochi and one is located in Alappuzha, Inland. This university is known to award engineering and science degrees at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. The university offers various other courses related to industry, commerce, humanities, law & management.
As of now admission in both the UG and PG courses is based on Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entrance Test (LET) and for some PG courses, Departmental Admission Test (DAT) is conducted. Any of the 3 entrance exams are given to get admission to any of the colleges affiliated with CUSAT. All these exams are organized by CUSAT at the university level. Candidates can also take admission in this college for engineering PG course based on their GATE score and MAT score (To its respective courses).
CUSAT CAT 2021 Notification:
- CUSAT 2021 Application Form is extended till 10th May 2021 for Ph.D.
- The CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Dates have been released. It will be conducted on 12th, 13th & 14th June 2021.
- CUSAT 2021 Application Form has been released on 10th March 2021 and the last date to apply is 15th April 2021.
CUSAT CAT 2021: Highlights
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Exam Name||CUSAT CAT 2021|
|Full-Form||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Conducting Body||CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Types of Exam||UG & PG Level|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Mode of Application form||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Helpline Number||+91(484)2577290, +91(484)2862281|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
CUSAT 2021 Exam Date:
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
Candidates can check tentative Exam dates from the given table:
|Official Notification Released||6th March 2021|
|Online Registration Form date start||10th March 2021|
|Last date to submit Registration Form without late fee||31st March 2021|
|Last date of registration with Late Fee (Rs.100/-)||15th April 2021|
|Remittance of the fee (online only)||10th March 2021 to 16th April 2021|
|Online Registration for seats reserved for International Candidates||10th March 2021 to 30th April 2021|
|Online Registration to M.Tech programmes||10th March 2021 to 21st April 2021 (with fine up to 30/04/2021)|
|Issuance and receipt of applications for Ph.D|
|Availability of Admit Card||25th May 2021 to 14th June 2021|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Date||12th, 13th, 14th June 2021|
|Answer Key Release Date||To be announced|
|Result Release Date||To be announced|
|Counseling||To be announced|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Form:
CUSAT 2021 entrance exam application form is only available in online mode. No offline mode is available. The application form will most probably be available by the last week of February 2021 and the last date to fill the application form will be the 4th week of March 2021. CUSAT CAT 2021 application for the B.Tech course will be available by February 2021.
Candidates applying based on GATE or MAT score should email a soft copy of their scorecard to the CUSAT before the final date of submission of all the documents. General/OBC category candidates have to pay a registration fee of Rs.1000. SC/ST category candidates of Kerala have to pay a registration fee of Rs.500. International candidates/PIO/CGW candidates have to pay a registration fee of Rs. US$100. NRI quota candidates have to pay a registration fee of Rs.5000.
- The application fee will be paid online mode using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
|General category candidates||Rs. 1,000|
|SC/ ST category candidates||Rs. 500|
|NRI candidates||Rs. 5,000|
|Candidates belonging to KST/ KSC||Rs. 5,500|
|International candidates||US$ 100|
|Candidates opting for a test center in Dubai||Rs. 10,000|
Process To Apply For CUSAT CAT 2021:
Candidates can follow the given below steps to apply for the CUSAT CAT Application Form 2021:
- Visit the official website of CUSAT i.e, cusat.ac.in.
- On the home page, search for the CUSAT 2021.
- Then, click on the link.
- After that, read all the information in the CUSAT 2021 Brochure.
- Firstly, register for the Examination.
- After then, fill in all the details in the application form.
- Upload all the scanned documents.
- Then pay the application fee and click on the submit button.
- Download and make a copy for further usage.
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Form||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Notification||Click Here|
CUSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Age limit: The maximum age for being an eligible candidate for giving the CUSAT CAT 2021 entrance exam is 21years of age whereas the minimum age is 17years of age.
For UG courses
- Tech with Integrated M.sc: For taking admission in this course the candidate must have scored 50% marks in mathematics alone and 50% marks in PCM in 10+2 from the Kerala state or any other authorized board.
- Tech in marine engineering: Candidates interested in taking admission in this course must have scored 60% marks in PCM+ English and 50% marks in mathematics alone.
- BBA/LL. (Hons)/B.Com.LL.B (Hons): Candidates interested in taking admission in any of these courses should have qualified SSE with a minimum of 60% marks and candidates from arts, humanities, or commerce stream scoring a minimum of 55% marks is mandatory.
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
For PG courses:
- M.Tech: Candidate interested in taking admission in this course should possess a B.Tech/BE degree from any authorized university with a minimum of 60% marks.
- MCA: Candidate should be a graduate in Science with mathematics or a graduate in computer science/computer application/ engineering /technology/electronics/information technology with a minimum of 55% marks.
- CUSAT CAT 2021 exams are always conducted via online modes, no offline modes are available.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- CUSAT entrance exam question paper will be of a total of 750 marks.
- There is a total of 250 objective type multiple choice questions and for each correct answer candidate will gain 3 marks and for every incorrect answer, the candidate will lose 1 mark as per negative marking criteria.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
B.Com/ BBA/ LLB (Hons.):
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Ability in reasoning and logical thinking||50|
|General knowledge and current affairs||25|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Syllabus:
Candidates have to cover the entire plus two syllabuses of three subjects: Physics, chemistry, mathematics the CUSAT exam.
- For B.Tech and 5 Year Integrated M.Sc. Programs: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- For Lateral Entry of B.Tech Programme: English, Mathematics, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, and General Engineering.
- For BBA LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.): General English, Ability in Reasoning and Logical Thinking, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, and Law-Related Matters.
- For 3 year LL.B. Course: English, Comprehension Ability, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
CUSAT CAT 2021 entrance exam will most probably be held in the 1st week of April. Candidates will be able to download the admit card by the 3rd week of March 2021. The result for this entrance exam will most probably be declared by 1st week of May 2021.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Result:
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
The CUSAT CAT 2021 result will be announced by the authorities through online mode. Candidates can check their results in the second week of May 2021. The candidates will be able to check their results using roll numbers and passwords.
CUSAT CAT 2021 counseling will begin from the first week of June 2021. After the Result candidates will be called for counseling based on cut-off marks. The counseling will be done in various rounds including interviews and group discussions etc.
Documents for verification:
- CUSAT 2021 admit card
- CUSAT 2021 scorecard
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Passing years mark sheets
- Admission/ counselling letter