GATE 2020 Form: GATE or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a common entrance examination conduct by the IITs, GFTIs, NITs and other institutes in a collaboration. These institutes offer technical courses at the Postgraduate level. For this year, GATE 2020-21 is being organized by the IIT-Roorkee. The application forms will make available at the IISc website during September, while the notification for the examination and it is important dates have announced via official notification. With this year, the International GATE examination is conducted in foreign countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Singapore & The United Arab Emirates.
Admission Open 2020
|UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|KIITEE 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Chandigarh University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Amity University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Amrita University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Manav Rachna 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|SRMIST Chennai B.Tech Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|GNIOT 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Sharda University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|BENNETT University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|GD Goenka University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
GATE 2020 Notification – Exam Date Released:
- GATE 2020 Exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-D).
- GATE 2020 Notification has been released, GATE 2020-21 Application Form will be released on the 1st September 2019:
- GATE 2020 Online Application form submission last date also announced candidates can submit the online application form before 28th September 2019.
- GATE 2020 Exam Date also released, the GATE 2020 Exam will be conducted on 1st, 02nd, 08th, & 09th February 2020:
GATE Exam 2020 Short Details:
|Exam Name||GATE 2020 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Exam Level||All India Level Based|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Conducting Authority||7 IITs and IISc, Banglore on a Rotational basis.|
|Question Types||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||65 MCQs|
|Time allotted||3 Hours|
GATE 2020 Exam Date:
GATE 2020 Exam Date all exam related dates are mention below. Candidates also see Application form notification date, admit card download date, Result date, etc.
|Gate 2020 Registration Date||1st September 2019|
|Gate 2020 Last Date to submit Online Application Form||28th September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||5th October 2019|
|Last date to change the Exam city (Pay Additional fee)||15th November 2019|
|GATE Admit Card date Available||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam Date|
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|1st February 2020|
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
|Result date Declare||13th March 2020|
|Score Card download||19th March to 31st May 2020|
|Counselling Onset||The second week of April 2020|
GATE 2020 Form Registration:
- The GATE 2020 Registration for Application Form will be available on the official website from September 1st.
- The Gate Online Application Processing System(GOAPS) is used to register the candidates for appearing in the examination.
- Registration at this web address requires the candidate to provide a valid email address, GOAPS password, and mobile number.
- On successful registration, the candidate will communicate, his GOAP enrollment ID.
- The candidate must then use this ID and his personal GOAPS password to login at the application form portal, fill appropriate details and upload relevant documents.
- The image files to be readied when applying for GATE 2020 include candidate signature, candidate thumb impression, scanned images of degree certificate or marks sheet for the latest semester examination.
The GATE 2020 Form fee for Indian Candidates:
The candidate must also decide the mode by which he/she wants to pay the fee before applying to the web portal. The GATE 2020 Form Fee for the women candidates and the category candidates is Rs 750, for the Unreserved category, it is Rs 1500. The fee can be paid via net banking or e-challan.
Exam Center for Foreign Countries & Application fee (All categories):
|Singapore and Dubai||US$100|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Kathmandu & Dhaka||US$150|
|Exam Late Fee||US$20|
GATE 2020 Registration Eligibility Criteria:
GATE entrance is for direct admission at the postgraduate level course of Engineering. It conducts by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and other seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) jointly. The candidates appearing for the GATE 2020 exam must fulfill the eligibility criteria before appearing for the exam, the details of the eligibility criteria have been mentioned below: Click Here More About Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Science / BSc. Research from recognized University.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree i.e. B.E./B.Pharm/ B.Tech/ B.Arch from a recognized University.
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 systems or any such equivalent. The candidate who has completed their Graduation under 10+2+3 system are ineligible for GATE.
- The applicants having a Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics / Computer applications or equivalent-M.Sc/ MCA/M.A.
- The applicants appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply for the exam provided they have to submit the certificate from the Principal of University or College.
- Diploma Holders are not eligible for the examination.
The candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination, have to submit their certificate or degree certificate or provisional certificate.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern:
- Number of Papers: 23 (different for every discipline)
- Exam Mode: Online
- QuestionsType: You have Objective type questions each question have four multiple choice and Numerical
- Number of Questions: 65
- Maximum of Marks: 100
- Marks Each Question: There are two types of question marking some questions carry 1 marks and some questions carrying 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for Numerical types question. The 1 mark question will deduct the 1/3rd mark and 2 marks question will be deducted 2/3rd marks.
- Exam Duration: 3 Hours
- The examination pattern tests the candidates’ knowledge of English, General Aptitude and discipline-oriented subjects.
- The combined marks allotted to the subject questions is 85, while the General aptitude section(including English) carries 15 marks.
- The time allotted is 3 hours, maximum marks being 100. The subjects section does divide into subsections.
- For each discipline, the number of subsections and the total number of questions in the subsections may vary.
- It is advised that the candidate refers to the syllabus of appropriate discipline to find the subsections and the syllabi covered subsequently. For example, the syllabus for the Electronics and Communication Engineering discipline is divided into 8 sub-sections.
For paper codes: AE, BT, AG, CE, CS, CH, EC, EE, MN, IN, ME, PI, MT, PE, TF, and XF
|Subject||Percentage of Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||15 %|
|Main Subject of the Paper||70 %|
For paper codes: AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL.
|Subject||Percentage of Total Marks|
|Main Subject of the Paper||85 %|
GATE 2020 Syllabus:
There are 23 papers held GATE Exam 2020, You can see above we mentioned. GATE 2020 Syllabus will different for each paper. The common section for each paper will General Aptitude. You can find below the syllabus of General Aptitude:
GATE 2020 Syllabus for General Aptitude:
- Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion, Instructions, Verbal analogies, verbal deduction, word groups & critical reasoning
- Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, Numerical estimation, Numerical reasoning and data interpretation
List of GATE Paper 2020:
The students who are planning to attend GATE Exam 2020, They must aware of all the paper of GATE. Candidates have the option to choose one subject in the below list. Here we mention the subject name with subject code. You can see below a total of 24 papers on this list.
|List of GATE Papers||Subject Code|
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Sc. and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.||EC|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
GATE Admit Card 2020:
GATE 2020 Admit Card available from the official website GOAPS. Candidates can download the admit online mode authority will not send admit card through post or Email. In the exam, hall candidates must carry one ID proof and Admit card. Photocopies do not allow the Identity proof candidates must carry original.
GATE Result & Scorecard 2020:
GATE 2020 Result will be declared on 13th March 2020. Go the official website their candidates can check his/her result. GATE score will be valid for three 3 years the date will be count from the result announce the date. Candidates can check the result through online mode, the authority will send the GATE result through offline mode. Through the online candidates can get the hard copy of GATE Scorecard 2020:
Steps to download the ScoreCard:
- Visit the official website.
- Then the login page will be opened.
- Now, Enter Enrollment ID/Email Address, Password & Security Code (Captcha).
- Then click on the “submit” button.
- The scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Save the scorecard and take the printout of it.
GATE 2020 CUT OFF Marks:
|Exam Name||General||OBC (NCL)||SC/ST/PwD|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||27.2||24.4||18.1|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||26.3||23.6||17.5|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||32.9||29.6||21.9|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||35.7||32.1||23.8|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||28.5||25.6||19|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||28.8||25.9||19.2|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||33.4||30||22.2|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||42.2||37.9||28.1|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||34.6||31.1||23|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||34||30.6||22.6|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||32.7||29.4||21.8|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||49.2||44.2||32.8|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||39.8||35.8||26.5|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||36.6||32.9||24.4|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||37.1||33.3||24.7|
|Engineering Sciences (XE-A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)||26||23.4||17.3|
|Life Sciences (XL-P, Q, R, S, T, U)||31.7||28.5||21.1|
GATE Score for PSUs Recruitment:
The main purpose of the GATE score for the PSUs Recruitment or Public Sector Undertakings. You can check below the major PSUs which conduct recruitment through GATE:
|BAARC: OCES, DGFS||BBNL|
|Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India||CEL|
|Haryana Power Utilities||IOCL|
|Coal India Ltd|