|Exam Dates||Application Form||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern||Syllabus|
GATE 2021: GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the national level entrance test that aims at giving admission to the Post-graduation level courses. The main courses offered include technology as well as engineering. After passing the examination, the candidate will be getting admission to Ph.D./ M.Tech. programmes in various institutes of IIT, IISER, IIS, and various reputed institutes. Thus if you have prepared your mind for appearing in the GATE 2021-22 examination then ensure for having complete details:
GATE 2021 Notification:
- GATE 2021 Online Counseling Registration will be started on 7th June 2021
- The GATE 2021 results have been declared by the Indian Institue of Technology (IIT) Bombay on 20th March 2021. Click here To Check the Result.
- The Exam Date has been announced, the exam has been conducted on 6th,7th, 13th & 14th February 2021.
Gate 2021: Highlights
|Exam Name||GATE 2021|
|Full-Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Administered By||Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying Examination for M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|Frequency of Examination||Annual|
|Total Number of Exam Cities||195 (excluding 6 international centers)|
|Number of GATE Papers||27
Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH) added in GATE 2021
|The validity of GATE Score/Grade||3 Years|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based Mode|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
Find below the GATE 2021 Exam Date. More information about GATE Exam below mention.
|S/N||Events||Exam Dates (Announced)|
|1.||Official website live||16th July 2020|
|2.||Start the GATE 2021 Application Form||11th September 2020|
|3.||Last Date to submit GATE 2021 Form (Extended)||7th October 2020|
|4.||Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (With Late Fee) (Extended)||14th October 2020|
|5.||Last date of intimation to Registered Candidates after FIRST Round of Scrutiny by Zonal Office||26th October 2020|
|6.||Re-opening of GOAPS Portal for Successfully Registered Candidates to change Category / City / Exam paper (Change of City is FREE and extra 500 for Category and Paper Change)||28th October 2020|
|7.||Last and Final Chance to change Choice of Examination City||15th December 2020|
|8.||Admit Card date Availability First||8th January 2021|
|9.||Miscellaneous Activities||5th & 12th February 2021
|10.||GATE 2021 Exam Date||6th, 7th, 13th & 14th February 2021
|11.||Final Answer Key Released Date||17th March 2021|
|12.||Declare the Result date||20th March 2021|
|13.||Downloading of Score Card||27th March 2021|
GATE 2021 Form Registration:
- Candidates are required to apply in the online mode.
- Registration will start from 14th September 2020 to 14th October 2020.
- Thus, those who are looking to apply for the examination, need to make use of the online facility using GOAPS or GATE 2021 Form Online Application Processing System.
- During the initial stage, candidates have to register as ‘New User’ and after successful registration is done, get access to the GOAPS.
- After this, sign in the GOAPS enrollment address and password.
- Once the application form is filled then you need to upload the signature, scanned photograph degree certificate, category certificate as well as thumb impression.
- The examination is meant for international candidates as well as exam commences in countries like Ethiopia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, and United Arab Emirates. However, the application process will be the same for international and national candidates
For some modifications in the GATE 2021 Form, you can make some required corrections. The correction of the form can be done by filling the application form. In case of some mistakes in the application form, make sure for sending an email subjecting as “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” and send document proof as well. One can make corrections in various fields:
|Click Here – PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2021|
- Name of the Candidate
- Stats, Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Have you graduated with the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE Application Fee:
Female candidates, PwD/SC/ST/ candidates need to pay Rs 750/- Other candidates are required to make payment of Rs 1500/-. Mode for making payment of the application fee includes sources such as net banking, debit card, and e-challan:
Before apply for the GATE 2021 Application Form aspirants need to check the GATE Eligibility Criteria which is mentioned below:
- In this (GATE 2021) Exam no need for Indian nationality. Foreign & Indian candidates are also eligible for this exam.
- Candidates have no age limit criteria to submit this exam.
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
- Arch, 5-years of the degree in B.A. degree in Architecture required. Those who are pursuing their final year can also apply for the test.
- For B.S. / B.Sc. Research, four years of graduation degree in Science can apply and those who are in the final year can also opt for GATE 2021 entrance test.
- For B.E./B.Tech/B. Pharm, there is a requirement for 4 years B.Tech after class 12th in any of the steams or 3-years in B.Tech lateral entry (after doing B.Sc./Diploma in Technology/ Engineering). Those who are pursuing the final year can also apply for the examination.
- For M. Sc./MCA./M.A or some equivalent, there is the requirement for a Master’s degree in Statistics/Computer Applications Science/Mathematics or equivalent. If the candidate is in the final then he/she can appear in the exanimation
- For Int. M.E/M. Tech or Dual degree after the completion of the diploma or class 12th, a candidate needs to have completed 5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology. Those who are pursuing 4th/5th year or completed until 2021 can apply as well.
- For Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S, Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B. S./M. S. program and those who are pursuing their final year or done with it can apply for the exam
- For Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.E./B.Arch/B.Tech, B.E/B.Tech/B. Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, ensure to recognized by UPSC/ MHRD/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India) Completed section A or some equivalent of such professional
Below you can find the Exam Pattern of the GATE Exam.
- Mode of Exam: The examination will appear in CBT
- Name of the course provided: M.Tech./Ph.D. program in IISc, IITs, and to other institutions.
- Number of Papers: There will be an overall 27 papers. Candidates needed to appear in just one paper out of 27 papers.
- Exam Duration: Candidates are required to complete the exam within 3 hours duration Number of Questions: There will be 65 questions of 100 marks
- Type of Questions: The question paper will have questions in Multiple Choice Questions format. There will be 4 questions and one has to choose one out of 4.
- Section Common in GATE Papers: In the General Aptitude section will be common in all papers. It will consist be of 150 questions for a maximum of 15 marks (5 questions for 1 mark and 5 for 2 marks).
- New Section: In the paper with XE, the new section (H) which means Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences added from the year 2021.
- Introduction of the two new subjects: Environmental Science and Engineering, or ES, and Humanities and Social Science, or XS.
- Mark Scheme: NAT and MCQ questions consisted of 1 or 2 marks in all papers
- Negative Marking: There will be provision for the negative marking of 1/3 marks for those questions carrying 1 mark. However, for the questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. There will be no negative marking for various Numerical Answer Type questions.
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) Marks||Subject Marks||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration (Minutes)|
|AE, AR, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST, and BM||15||85||100||180|
|GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics)]||15||25 + 60||100||180|
|XE (Section A + Any Two Sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100||180|
|XH (Section B1 + Any One Section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100||180|
|XL (Section P + Any Two Sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100||180|
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A consisted of Engineering Mathematics which is a Compulsory Section. IN this section, 11 questions will be asked and 7 of them for 1 mark each and 4 questions for 2 marks each. It is common for all candidates.
- From B to H in XE consisted of 22 questions. 9 of them carrying 1 mark and 13 for 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA will appear.
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P consisted of Chemistry. This is the compulsory section with 15 questions, where 5 questions marked for 1 mark each and 10 for 2 marks
- For any two of the XL sections from Q to U, there will be 20 questions where 10 questions for 1 mark each and the other 10 questions for 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA
Find below the GATE 2021 Syllabus for Botany, Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science & Engineering, etc:
- GATE Syllabus for Botany
- GATE Syllabus for Chemistry
- Syllabus For Materials Science (XE-C)
- Syllabus for Polymer Science and Engineering (XE – F)
- GATE Syllabus for Solid Mechanics (XE-D)
- Syllabus of Thermodynamics (XE-E)
- GATE Syllabus For Microbiology ( XL–K)
- GATE Syllabus for Biochemistry (XL-I)
This time 27 papers will appear in GATE and the syllabus for every discipline is different from one another. The existence of the syllabus of such a large paper will be available on the official website which is there in PDF format. One can download the official PDF of the GATE 2021 for accessing the syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, and XL.
- AE (Aerospace Engineering): Flight Mechanics, Engineering Mathematics, Aerodynamics, Space Dynamics, Propulsion, Structures.
- GA – General Aptitude: Numerical and Verbal Ability.
- AG (Agricultural Engineering): Machinery, Farm Power, Engineering Mathematics, Irrigation, and Drainage Engineering, Farm Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, etc.
- BT – Biotechnology: Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- AR – Architecture and Planning: Building Materials, Architecture & Design, Building & Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, Construction & Management, etc.
- PE – Petroleum Engineering: Linear Algebra, Oil & Gas Well Testing, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, etc.
- Mathematics: Complex Analysis, Linear Algebra, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- GG – Geology and Geophysics: Common Section, Geology & Geophysics.
- IN – Instrumentation Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, etc.
- Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- CH – Chemical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics & Mechanical Operations, Process Calculations & Thermodynamics, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Digital Logic, Engineering Mathematics, Programming & Data Structures, Computer Organization & Architecture, etc.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic & Organic Chemistry.
- EC – Electronics and Communication Engineering: Networks, Engineering Mathematics, Electronic Devices, Signals & Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
- EE – Electrical Engineering: Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Machines, Signals & Systems, etc.
- EY – Ecology and Evolution: Evolution, Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, Mathematics & Quantitative Ecology, etc.
- ME – Mechanical Engineering: Applied Mechanics & Design, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics & Thermal Sciences, etc.
- MN – Mining Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Geomechanics & Ground Control, Mine Development & Surveying, etc.
- MT – Metallurgical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Extractive Metallurgy, Thermodynamics & Rate Processes, etc.
- TF – Textile Engineering & Fibre Science (TF): Textile Fibers, Engineering Mathematics, Fabric manufacture, Structure & Properties, etc.
- Physics: Classical Mechanics, Mathematical Physics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics, Electromagnetic Theory, etc.
- Production & Industrial Engineering: General Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
GATE Admit Card 2021:
In the Below section, we are giving information about the GATE 2021 Admit Card. Find here the Releasing date of the Admit Card, How to Download, and Other important details:
- The GATE 2021 Admit Card will be released on 8th January 20221.
- In the process to get the admit card through online mode, Candidates enter the Email Address, Enrollment ID, and Password.
- Only online mode to get the admit card. No facility to get them by Post or Email.
- Selected candidate’s information captured through the biometric (Fingerprints and Photographs).
- Candidates must have to bring the original ID proof (Aadhar Card) and Admit Card, On the examination day.
- Download the color printout of the Admit card.
GATE Answer Key:
- How to Get Good Score in GATE
- How To Prepare for Gate Entrance Examination
- GATE Complete List of Papers
Candidates can wait for GATE 2021 Answer key, after a few days of the entrance exam. Authority will update the official website, so candidates can check online. The answer key will release paper-wise.
Steps To Download GATE 2021 Answer Key:
- Visit the official site of gate 2021 i.e, gate.iitb.ac.in.
- On the home page, click on the link of GATE Answer Key 2021 PDF.
- The GATE 2021 Answer Key will be displayed.
- Check the answers mentioned on the GATE Response Sheet.
- Download the GATE Exam Key.
GATE Result 2021:
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
Candidates can find in this paragraph GATE 2021 Result Date and where they get the result:
- GATE Result 2021 has been announced on 20th March 2021.
- Candidates can check your result online Online Mode.
- Visit the official website and click the result, candidates should have Registration and Enrollment numbers for the check result.
- Authority will not send the Result and Rank through the Offline Mode.
GATE 2021 Score Card
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
GATE 2021 Score Card will release after few days of declaring the result. Qualified candidates can check your Score Card:
- Score Card validity will be three years from the date to declare the result.
- Between 20th to 30th March 2021 candidates can download their scorecard.
- Between the date, candidates download your scorecard. If they want the soft copy after the last day, they should pay 500 rupees for that.
How to the preparation for GATE 2021:
- Candidates have to analyze the whole syllabus for GATE 2021.
- Prepare a study schedule.
- Make short notes for the revision.
- Take mocks
- Practice the previous year exam papers.