GATE COAP 2022: GATE COAP is shortened for Common Offer Acceptance Portal which is a common platform for GATE qualified applicants. COAP supports applying for admission into M.Tech programs in various participating IITs. COAP aims at fulfilling the vacant seats and provide admission to deserving applicants. Before COAP, several seats for M.Tech program remain vacant because of many reasons. Via this platform, all the Participating Institutes uploaded by IITs need to fill the seats via a common time window. Here are all the details about GATE COAP 2022 admission process, eligibility criteria, the application process, and so on.
GATE COAP 2022 – Highlights:
Given below are the highlights of GATE COAP 2022:
- Examination’s Name: GATE COAP or GATE Common Offer Acceptance Portal 2022
- Exam Conducting body: IITM or Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Exam Level: National Level
- Frequency: Once a year
- Official website: http://coap.iitm.ac.in/index.php
GATE COAP 2022 Registration Process:
The information about the Registration process of GATE COAP will be provided via the official website. The COAP counseling process consisted of three different stages such as online registration, online seat allotment, and admission to the institutes. All three stages are explained below:
Step 1: Online registration:
- Those who have qualified GATE 2022 test may apply for the online counseling process.
- After getting done with the successful registration, submit the fee.
- The fee submission confirms the registration process. Once the registration form is filled, fill the preferred programs or institutes.
Step 2: Online Seat Allotment:
- After the completion of the online registration process, seats will be given to the students on the basis of the GATE merit list after several rounds of seat allotment.
- As soon as the seat is allotted, visit the institute and submit the course fee.
Step 3: Admission to the Allotted Institutes:
- Make sure to carry original documents along to the allotted institutes.
- Applicants will be issued with the provisional admission letter after verifying the original documents and fee submission.
- After completion of all these formalities, the admission is confirmed.
Admission Open 2023:
- IIAD Admission 2023 – Apply Now
GATE COAP 2022 Exam Date:
|GATE COAP registration 2022||March 2022|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 1||May 2022|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 2||June 2022|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 3||June 2022|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 4||June 2022|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 5||June 2022|
It is very important to check the eligibility criteria before applying for GATE COAP 2022:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- It is mandatory for candidates to clear the GATE entrance test with the relevant scores.
- Those who clear the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in 2019, 2020 or 2021 are applicable for GATE COAP.
Directions to Check Admission Offer via GATE COAP 2022:
- Here are the steps to check the offer via GATE COAP 2022:
- Go to the official COAP 2022 Portal coap.iitm.ac.in
- Now, enter the login credentials to sign in the account.
- After this, click on ‘Seat Allotment’
- Now the institute-wise seat allotments list will flash on screen and applicants need to confirm their seats by selecting Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject and Wait.
Brief Description of Seat Confirmation Options:
Accept and Freeze: By selecting this option, the candidate will accept the available offers and not be interested in upgrading the high preferences. This option will stop the applicant not to appear for the other admission rounds. Once this option is selected, click the submit button and confirm the submission. After this, the candidate can visit the respective Academic Institute’s Admission Portal and follow the process mentioned on the official website of the institute.
Retain and Wait: By choosing this option, the candidate has partially accepted the available offers and can upgrade for the higher preferences in the further rounds. Once this option is selected, then there will be hardly any need for rejecting the further rounds. By any chance, if a candidate makes any higher preferred choice in the next round of counselling then the existing ‘Retain and Wait’ will be canceled. Applicants can choose the “Retain and Wait” option only twice (same institute and same program).
Reject and Wait: By selecting this option, the candidate is unwilling to accept any of the offers for admission in the current round. In the next rounds, an applicant can look for various other higher preferences. Make sure to click the Submit button, to confirm your choice.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Check the list of the participating institutes in GATE COAP 2022:
- IISC Bangalore
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bombay
- IIT ISM Dhanbad
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here