HORTICET 2023: HORTICET stands for Horticulture Common Entrance Test. This is a state-level examination commenced by Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University, situated in Venkataramannagudem. HORTICET 2023 is a well-known pre-agriculture examination for applicants to seek admission in B.Sc. (Hons.), a four-year UG degree program. Applicants are suggested to go through the complete details such as HORTICET 2023 application process, eligibility criteria, application fee, etc.
HORTICET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
It is advised that interested applicants must check the eligibility criteria before applying for HORTICET 2023. Given below are the crucial details:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
Age Criteria: Check the age criteria below:
- Applicant’s minimum age should be 17 years prior or on 31st December of the year of admission and the maximum age limit is 22 years.
- While applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) categories, must have the maximum age limit of 25 years according to the government norms.
- Physically handicapped applicants’ upper age limit is 27 years.
Go through the educational qualification below:
- Candidates must have cleared Diploma in Horticulture course from Dr. YSRHU.
- Those who have completed a Diploma in the academic year 2017-18, may also apply for HORTICET 2023.
- It is compulsory to submit the Final Memorandum of Marks-cum-Pass Certificate of Diploma in Horticulture during the counseling process
HORTICET 2023 Application Form:
The eligible applicants may start applying for HORTICET 2023 through an application form. The application form is available in offline mode. Download the application form using the official website and take the print of the application form. Here are the steps:
- First, visit the official website of Dr. YSRHU https://www.drysrhu.edu.in/
- Now, click on the ‘More Announcements’ tab
- Under Announcements, start searching for ‘HORTICET – 2023 – NOTIFICATION’ and click on it.
- Click the notification and download in PDF format.
- Now, open the downloaded PDF file
- Take a print of the Application Form.
- Get ready with the documents required to be submitted along with the application form.
- Take two prints of the application form for further reference.
- Check all the details carefully before making the final submission.
The application form submission will be followed by the application fee. The details about the same are as follows:
- General Category & Backward Class: Rs 750/-
- SC/ST / Physically Disabled: Rs 375/-
Submit the fee through Demand Draft, payable at Tadepalligudem, on any Nationalized Bank. The DD is to be made in favor of ‘Dr. Y.S.R HORTICULTURAL UNIVERSITY. There is no other mode to pay the fee except DD.
HORTICET 2023 Exam Date:
|Application form available||To Be Announced|
|Closed to submit the application form||To Be Announced|
|Admit Card||To Be Announced|
|HORTICET 2023 Exam Date||To Be Announced|
|Result||To Be Announced|
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Once the application form and fee are submitted, applicants may start preparing for the examination. Before they starting up with the preparation for the examination, prior knowledge about the exam pattern will help further in several ways. Check the exam pattern details below:
- The examination will be commenced in the offline mode
- The paper will consist of 200 Multiple Choice Questions
- Candidates will get 120 minutes to complete the paper.
Books for Preparation:
Only paper pattern is not enough, candidates also should know about the books to prepare for the test and here is the list:
- Handbook Of Horticulture by Chadha K L
- Basic Horticulture by Jitendra Singh
- Horticulture at a Glance by D Ram & B B Singh
- MCQs in Horticulture by Bharat Singh Hada
- Objective Horticulture by Anil Verma
- Question Bank of Horticulture by Gupta S.N
- Glaustas Horticulture by P Muthukumar
To appear in HORTICET 2023 examination, the priority is to seek the admit card from the official website of the university. The admit card consist of important information such as the candidate’s details and exam-related details. The admit card will be sent across applicants by post in the address mentioned in the application form. The admit card will have the following information:
- Hall Ticket Number
- Name of Examination Center
- Date/Exam Time
- Name of Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Postal Address
- Photograph and Signature of Applicant
Note: Candidate won’t be allowed to enter the exam center without admit card
In case, candidate fails to receive admit card by post from the university, they can download from the official website of the university. Here are the steps to download admit card:
- Visit the official website of Dr. YSRHU – https://www.drysrhu.edu.in/
- Click on the ‘More Announcements’ tab
- Under Announcements, search for ‘ HORTICET 2023 Admit Card’ and click on it
- Enter the details to download the admit card.
The examination result will be declared by the university through the official website. The result will be released in PDF format. Download the result and check the rank in the list. Those who have qualified for the test will move for the counseling process:
Download the merit list by visiting the official website and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website Dr. YSRHU – drysrhu.edu.in
- Click on the ‘More Announcements’ tab
- Under Announcements, search for ‘HORTICET – 2023 Rank List’ and click on Rank List
- The list will be consisted of the Hall ticket number of the Candidate, Name of the Candidate, Name of Candidate’s Father, and Rank Archived.
The cut-off marks mean the minimum marks achieved in the examination. Those who are acquired minimum marks in HORTICET – 2023 are eligible for admission. General and Backward Class Category must acquire 25% of aggregate marks in the test.
The counseling process will begin in December and those who are eligible for admission will go through the counseling process. Here are the documents needed for counseling process:
- Mark Sheet of Class X
- Mark sheet of Diploma in Horticulture from Dr. YSRHU
- Age Proof
- Caste Certificate (if needed)
- Scorecard of HORTICET 2023
Seat allotment is based on the marks obtained in the HORTICET 2023 and documents verification. The University works on the reservation rule by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. 85% of seats will be given to the applicants belonging to Andhra Pradesh and 15% to the candidates from outside Andhra Pradesh.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here