IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2023: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) Ph.D. Admission Notification 2023 Apply Online Registration iitb.ac.in. This is one of the most awaited moments for all the aspirants who are seeking Ph.D. admissions in IIT Bombay. It is highly advisable for all the candidates to read all the instructions before getting to the admission form. IIT Bombay is inviting all the eligible candidates to take part in the admission process of Ph.D. in different departments. This is the regular exercise conducted by the institute. Established to impart technical education through world-class faculties and curriculum. Focused on – Innovation, Entrepreneurship, education and research, it is a dream for every student to get admission here. Find below some important tips for IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2023.
IIT Bombay Ph.D. 2023 Notification:
- IIT Bombay Ph.D. 2023 official notification will be released in March 2023.
Ph.D. programmes available in the departments/Centres of IIT Bombay:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Centre for Policy Studies
- Systems & Control Engineering
- Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas
- Centre for Urban Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Climate Studies
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Educational Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Geoinformatics & Natural Resources Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences (Economics, English, Philosophy, Sociology, Indian Science and Technology in Sanskrit)
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science
- Centre for Research for Nanotechnology & Science
IIT Bombay PhD 2023 Exam Date:
|Advertisement for Application Form||March 2023|
|Start to submit Online applications||March 2023|
|End to submit Online Applications||April 2023|
|Last date for Departments to send the list of candidates to be
called for Written Test/Interview
|To display the list of candidates called for Entrance Test and/or Interview||April 2023|
|Result Announced (1st offer)||June 2023|
|2nd offer(if required)||June 2023|
|Third Offer (if required)||June 2023|
|Final Offer (if required)||July 2023|
|Fee Payment last date||July 2023|
|Orientation and Registration Programme||July 2023|
|Instruction begins||July 2023|
|Advertisement for Application Form||September 2023|
|Start to submit Online applications||September 2023|
|End to submit Online Applications||October 2023|
|Last date for Departments to send the list of candidates to be called for Written Test/Interview||October 2023|
|To display the list of candidates called for Entrance Test and/or Interview||October 2023|
|Result Announced||December 2023|
|Payment of fees on or before||December 2023|
|Orientation and Registration Programme||January 2024|
|Instruction begins||January 2024|
IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility:
Candidates can find here the IIT Bombay Ph.D. Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent recognized degree. 60% marks are mandatory for the General category students, while 55% marks for the reserved category students (SC/ST).
- Master’s Degree in science or state recognizes an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% of marks for the General category students, while it is 55% for the reserved category students (SC/ST).
- Master’s Degree in Arts/Commerce or state-recognized equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for the General Category students and 50% for the reserved category students. These criteria and degrees are only liable for taking admission to Ph.D. programmes offered by Humanities and social studies and Industrial design center.
- The valid score of Gate/CEED
- Candidates must have a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT or DST INSPIRE fellowship.
- Candidates having a Lectureship of UGC NET are also eligible for teaching assistantship and other academic qualifications in Social science departments and Humanities.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience, which is acquired after getting the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester, in which a candidate is seeking admission.
- Tech degree from any IIT, with a minimum CPI/CGPA of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale)
Furthermore to these general eligibility conditions, all the applications must meet the eligibility criteria set for the particular academic unit. For the other keen details, please refer to the information brochure of IIT Ph.D. admission.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Guidelines for IIT Bombay PhD 2023 Application form:
Before they apply for IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2023, Candidates must read all the below information about the Application Form:
- Read all the instructions carefully given in the application brochure before getting to the application form.
- Get the online application form and information brochure, along with the tentative dates and admission schedule on the official website of the university.
- The application will only be available on the online mode, no offline or downloadable will be applicable. Take a print of the application form after filling the form for future references.
- The fee structure is different for all the categories, like – General, ST/SC, and OBC.
- The application fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ SBI Internet Banking/ Online Payment Systems/ Demand draft from a nationalized bank in the favor of “Register, IIT Bombay, which is payable at the Mumbai Branch.
- Your Full Name, Application number or GATE registration number and Email address on the demand draft.
- If you are accessing the option of Demand draft, then send it with the printed copy of the application form.
- The application fee is non-refundable in any case.
- Through this application form, you can apply for three disciplines.
- Submit the application along with the statement of Purpose for all the academic units.
- Suppose, if you are applying for the Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, you need to submit a sample of recently published writings on research. The Word limit for this is 1500 words and it is on the topic of your research interest. The write-up must contain – Brief review of the literature, problem evaluation and proposed solution.
- Applying for CTATA or CSRE, you need to upload the statement of purpose along with the application form. For the topic of interest, you can refer to the CSRE webpage.
- Candidates applying for IDC are required to submit a statement of purpose within the 1500 word limit. It should contain – brief view of the literature and the methodology.
- It is highly advisable for all the candidates to fill all the mandatory spaces. Incomplete forms or forms will the errors will get rejected.
- All the candidates must upload the scanned photograph and the signature in the specified format.
- Upload the mark sheet of the last semester or the combined mark sheet of the qualifying degree. Candidates with the awaited results, need to upload the latest or the previous semester mark sheet.
- Caste certificate have to produce or affidavit in case of not having the
- Produce a PwD certificate, if applicable.
- Produce Sponsorship certificate, if applicable
- Check for the latest updates about exam patterns and other lists on the official website.
- All the announcements will feature on the official website of the university
- If you have mentioned your email id in the application form, check for the latest update there as well.
- Candidates appearing in the written test or interview must bring some listed documents, like – Photo ID Card, a copy of the filled application online, a copy of mark sheets and certificates, reports, thesis, and publications.
- Candidates having a degree from foreign universities should submit equivalent certification from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). New Delhi. They should have 60% of marks (for the general category and 55% for the reserved category students (SC/ST/OBC).
- Women candidates: Rs. 150/-
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates: Rs. 150/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 300/
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here