IIT Madras PhD Admission 2023: IIT Madras is one of the prestigious institutes of India. The institute was set up in the year 1959 in Madras through an Act of Parliament. IIT Madras was the third Indian Institute of Technology after IIT Bombay and IIT Kharagpur. The campus of IIT madras is of 617.8-Acres and is India’s best institute to gain recognition as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India. IIT Madras Admissions are based on the marks scored by the candidates in National level entrance examinations like IIT JAM, JEE Advanced, CAT, etc. IIT Madras has released a notification for Ph.D. Admission 2023 for candidates in the various discipline. The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of a Test & Interview. All the eligible and interested candidates can seek admission in Ph.D. and M.S. (by Research) programs under regular/part-time/external schemes of IIT Madras. To find more Details of IIT Madras Ph.D. 2023 like application form, selection process, and other important dates, etc. read the below article carefully.
IIT Madras PhD 2023 Exam Date:
The candidates can check the schedule for important dates of IIT Madras Ph.D. Admission 2023 from the below table.
|Online Registration Date||1st week of April 2023|
|End to submit the Application form||End of October 2023|
|Written Test and Interview||Not Announced|
|Selected candidates join on||1st week of January|
How to Apply for IIT Madras PhD Admission 2023:
The candidates can fill the IIT Madras Ph.D. Admission 2023 application form online from the official website. The instruction to apply for IIT madras is provided below. Read the notification on the official site properly before applying for the examination. Also check the eligibility criteria. It is essential for all candidates to fill the correct details in the application form otherwise this may lead to cancellation of the application form.
- First of all visit the official site: http://research.iitm.ac.in/
- Register yourself to the website by filling the asked details.
- Make sure that you fill all the correct details.
- After successful registration candidates will receive a registration link for activation of the account
- Select the department.
- Check all the details before submission of the form
- Payment of the required application fee.
- Keep a print of the application form with you.
The payment of the application fee can be done by Online Mode enabled by Net-banking, Credit Card and Debit Card.
The IIT Madras Ph.D. Admission 2023 application fee is as follows:
- The Male candidates of General/OBC-NC will have to pay: Rs.100/-
- The Female of General/OBC-NC will have to pay: Rs.50/-
- The candidates of SC/ST and PwD will have to pay: Rs.50/-
Find below the IIT Madras PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria for all Courses:
Ph.D. in Engineering:
- Candidates qualified with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record / Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record / 5 Year Dual Degree in Engineering or 5 Year BS+MS Dual degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institute with a good academic record.
- Candidates qualified with 2 Year M.Sc. from IITs (entry through JAM) with 8.0 and above are exempted from qualifying in National Level Exams.
- Candidates qualified with a Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible, for the relevant Engineering disciplines (as decided by admitting departments). Candidates must have a valid GATE score or UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NBHM/INSPIRE or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
- In the case of candidates with Bachelor’s degrees are in Engineering / Technology OR candidates with more than 5 years of relevant experience after the Master’s degree, the requirement of a test score may be waived by the Selection Committee.
- Candidates with B.E/B.Tech/BS (4 years) for direct admission to the PhD Program will be joining a two-degree (M.S + PhD) Program
Ph.D. in Sciences:
- Candidates qualified with a Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE score or UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NBHM/INSPIRE or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
- Candidates qualified with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or 5 Year BS+MS Dual degree/ 5 Year Integrated degrees from Centrally Funded Technical Institute are eligible with a good academic record.
- Candidates qualified with 2 Year M.Sc. from IITs (entry through JAM) with 8.0 and above are exempted from qualifying in National level exams.
- Candidates with a score of more than 8.0 CGPA in M.Sc. in Science Departments of IIT Madras can be admitted directly to their PhD Program in Sciences with interviews at the departmental level.
PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Candidates are qualified with Master’s the degree / dual degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline AND Qualifying UGC – NET or JRF / CSIR-JRF / GATE Score or any national level exam tenable for the current year in the relevant area or international level postgraduate admission exam such as GRE (Non-HTRA) OR Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or 5 Year BS+MS Dual degree/ 5 Year Integrated degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institute with a good academic record.
- Candidates must have At least 3 years of experience in research/industry in lieu of the above exam. (This clause is only for Non-HTRA candidates)
PhD in Management:
- Candidates qualified with a Masters degree or 2 years PG Diploma in a relevant discipline, and a Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record (minimum five years of graduate and undergraduate education) OR Five year integrated master’s the degree / dual degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline with a good academic record AND
- Candidates must have qualified national levels Exams such as GATE /UGC or CSIR / NET / JRF / Lectureship or equivalent or international level postgraduate admission exams such as GMAT / GRE or equivalent OR
- Candidates should have At least 5 years of managerial experience in lieu of the above exam. (This clause is only for Non-HTRA candidates)
- For Permanent Institute staff members / Research Scholars under QIP / Research Scholars under External Registration / Research Scholars working on a part-time basis:
Selection Process for IIT Madras Ph.D.:
- The Eligible candidates with minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the departments from time to time will be called for interview by the Selection Committees of the respective departments.
- a departmental test will be conducted for candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application
- The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview/test
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Reservation of Seats:
Reservations will be given to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ PD as per the Govt. of India rules.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here