IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2023: Ph.D. Projects keeping in view the long convention of scholastic greatness, the accompanying institutional objectives have been laid for doctoral research:
- To grow profound and expansive comprehension of essentials and best in the class of information in the picked field through courses and self-study,
- To create collaboration between imagination, advancement and the boondocks of information in the picked field of study,
- To create capacity and aptitudes to complete free innovative work to confront the moves presented to humanity on explicit issues, and
- To create capacities to distinguish new prospects in the given Indian social setting and to attempt innovative work through one’s own drives.
The Degree of Doctor of the research is conceded for explore work in territories perceived by the Academic Departments of the Institute. The exploration work will be a unique work described either by the disclosure of realities, or by a crisp methodology towards the translation and utilization of realities, or improvement of gear making a particular progression in instrument innovation. It will display the up-and-comer’s ability for basic destination and sound judgment and will speak to a unique commitment to the current information. The Institute is likewise perceived as one of the focuses in the nation for Ph.D. programs under QIP. Offices for selecting for the Ph.D. program as low maintenance up-and-comer are additionally accessible.
IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2023 Application Form:
All the scholars have to apply online on the official website of IIT Roorkee http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in.
How to Apply?:
- For admission to Ph.D. programs for the Spring Semester of the session 2019-20 Aspirants need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website iitr.ac.in on or before 26th December 2019 (5:00 p.m.).
- Before applying online, Aspirants are required to keep ready the following documents for uploading:
- EWS/OBC/SC/ST Category Certificate (PDF) (If applicable) Up to 3 MB
- 10th, 12th, UG, PG level mark sheet (in single PDF) up to 3 MB
- GATE score card / NET score card / Fellowship award letter (in single PDF) (If applicable) Up to 3 MB
- Aspirants must follow the following Steps while filling the online Application Form.
IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2023 Application Fee:
- Application Fee per division (non-refundable): Rs.200/ – for General/Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/OBC classification and Rs. 100/ – for SC/ST/PD class competitor
- The Aspirants can store the essential application expense by utilizing net banking or charge/Visa offices. Extra charges will be challan according to the standard of the concerned bank. The Fee won’t be acknowledged through some other mode
- If a competitor settles on more than one office, at that point application charge ought to be paid in understanding to the number of divisions.
IIT Roorkee Ph.D. 2023 Exam Date:
|Online applications will start from||December|
|Last date of application||February|
- All the scholars must have a Master’s degree in a related discipline from a state-recognized university. Equivalent CGPA 6.5 minimum or overall 60 % marks in aggregate (throughout the semesters). Where marks are given for General Students & passed the national level graduate entrance destination (GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR/NET or equivalent).
- The Students must have a Master’s degree in related discipline from a state-recognized university or institution or equivalent scoring a minimum CGPA 6.5 OR 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) All the scholars must have B.Tech/B.Arch. degree or equivalent in related discipline from CFTIs scoring minimum 75% OR 7.0).
- The Students for GATE are not applicable to the applicants from CFTIs (the list of CFTIs is available at the official website of the institute).
For Part-Time PhD:
The minimum entry qualification for the degree is
- The Aspirants must prove that their official duties allow him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- The Aspirants have to present at the institute for a minimum of 6 months during his/her registration degree.
- These Aspirants are exempted from the requirement of valid GATE/NET/GPAT scores.
- The Aspirants should have continuous service with the sponsoring organization for a minimum of 2 years while submitting the application form.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Documents to upload in the Application Form:
- Soft copy of the color photograph(JPEG)
- Soft copy of signature (JPEG)
- Category Certificate (PDF)
- PD Certificate (PDF)
- 10th & 12th level Mark sheet (in single PDF)
- UG Mark sheet and Provisional UG Degree Certificate or Final UG Degree Certificate (in single PDF)
- PG Mark sheet and Provisional PG Degree Certificate or Final PG Degree Certificate (in single PDF)
- Mark sheet of previous semester(s) for Aspirants appearing in the qualifying degree test (in single PDF)
- NET scorecard / Fellowship award letter (in single PDF)
IIT Roorkee Ph.D 2023 Selection Process:
The eligible Aspirants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written examination and personal interview scheduled by the institute.
Applicants for admission to the Ph.D. program shall be classified under any one of the following categories which will be decided and recommended by DRC/CRC.
Full-time Research Scholar (FTRS):
- Institute Assistantship Research Scholars (IARS)
- Externally Funded Research Scholar (EFRS)
- Foreign Nationals
- Project Funded
- In service External Research Scholar (ISERS)
Part-time Research Scholar (PTRS):
- In-Service Internal Research Scholar (P-ISIRS)
- In-Service External Research Scholar (P-ISERS)
IIT Roorkee Ph.D 2023 Exam Pattern
The test will take place for a total duration of 2 hours. Section A is common and has 50 questions each comprising 1 mark. The subjects in Section A are as follows,
- The scientific phenomenon in everyday life
- General knowledge in sciences
- Common statistics.
|Total Duration||2 Hours|
|Section A||50 Questions|
|Section B/C||100 Questions per section|
|Mark for each question||1 Mark|
|Negative Marks||0.25 Per Question|
|Language of the paper (Sections A, B, C)||English|
Aspirants can either attend section B or section C, they have to mention this choice in the application form. Each of the sections B & C will have 100 questions each and Aspirants can attempt 75 questions. Section B is Life Sciences and Section C is Social Sciences.
IIT Roorkee Ph.D. Syllabus 2023:
|Electrical Engineering||Circuit Theory: Electric Circuits Network graph, Sinusoidal steady‐state analysis, KCL, KVL, Transient response of DC and AC networks, Node and Mesh analysis, Resonance, theorems.
Signal System: Shifting and scaling operations, Sampling Theorem, Linear Time-Invariant, and Causal systems, Fourier series representation of continuous periodic signals
Power System: Power Systems, AC and DC transmission concepts, Power generation concepts, Electric field distribution and insulators, Models and performance.
Electronic Devices and Circuits: Analog and Digital Electronics Characteristics of diodes, MOSFET, BJT, Amplifiers, Simple diode circuits, Oscillators, and Feedback amplifiers
Name of Departments / Centres:
- Alternate Hydro Energy Centre
- Architecture and Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engg.
- Water Resources Development and Management
- Centre for Transportation Systems
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engg.
- Earth Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Management Studies
- Mechanical and Industrial Engg.
- Centre for Nanotechnology
- Institute Instrumentation Centre
- Centre for Disaster Mitigation &Management
- Polymer & Process Engineering
- Applied Science & Engineering
- Paper Technology
- Log on to the official entry of IIT Roorkee at iitr.ac.in.
- Find the most recent reports on results and notifications from the “News and Announcements” area of the site landing page.
- Get the dynamic downloading joins for admissions to Ph.D. Program from the predefined area.
- Click on the “Check the list of selected Aspirants for the Department of –(course you have applied to) “.
- Now discover all the students of under the list.
- Open the concerned link to download results.
- Download the PDF of the document.
- Save and print your outcomes opened online in an above-determined way.
- The wannabes who applied the confirmation selection test all are hanging tight for the discharge date of the test corridor ticket.
- The board specialists in the wake of finishing the application procedure
- The wannabes who applied for the affirmation before the last date all get the test to concede the card.
- The IIT specialists issue the test concede card 15 days before the composed test.
- The authorities once declare the test corridor ticket we suggested on our page.
- After the hopefuls by utilizing the move number and secret key can download the test concede card.
- The hopefuls must bring the test lobby ticket through the test corridor. The contenders without conveying the test call letter board not permit to compose the test.
- The Cut-off is subjected to the number of students partaking the examination.
- It is declared once the examination is complete.
- Cut off declared by the authority is final and will not be subjugated to change.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here