MERI stands for Marine Engineering and Research Institute. The headquarter situate in Calcutta with a branch at Mumbai. Prior to this mentioned name, earlier it was popular as Directorate of Marine Engineering Training. The entrance test help every year to seek admission to MERI Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Kolkata, S. Chanakya in Navi Mumbai, and MERI (Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Mumbai. Those who are eager to acquire various details such as MERI 2017, Application Form & Eligibility Criteria.
MERI 2017 Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- Those who have finished off with the higher secondary or some equal course can apply for the entrance test with subjects such as PCB (with Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- Candidate need to have excellent flow over English
- As far as male candidates are concern, those who have born on 1-10-1987 and after 1-10-1987 can apply for the test
- As far as reserved category candidates are the concern, there is age relaxation. Those who have born on 1-10-1982 and after 1-10-1982 can apply for the test
- Those who are chosen for IIT JEE examination cannot participate in a separate Entrance test
- Candidates are required to have qualified JEE examination to apply in the MERI for Mumbai, T.S Chankya (Mumbai), and MERI (kolkata)
MERI 2017 Offered Courses:
Those who qualify the MERI test will be provided with various courses such as:
- Polyvalent Sciences Graduation degree in Maritime Sciences Specialization at MERI, Mumbai.
- Marine Engineering at MERI, Kolkata
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nautical Sciences Specialization at T.S.Chanakya, Mumbai
MERI 2017 Application Form Procedure:
Steps to Download the Applications:
- First of all download the application from with important details such as personal, educational and basic info
- The applications can be acquired from university as well
- One can fetch the info brochure and the application with details of the training program in three different institutes
- Cost of application fee will be 1000Rs/- for General category and Rs For 800/- for SC/ST category candidates
Process to Make Online Submission:
- First of all go to the official site
- Pay the amount of Rs 1000 if belong to General category and make the payment of Rs.600 if belong to SC and ST category
Important Dates for MERI 2017 (Tentative)
- Beginning of the sale of the application forms by IIT: November
- Beginning with the sale of the application forms by IIT by IIMS and Syndicate Bank: February).
- Last date to avail the receipt of the application by IIT: January.
- Last date to avail the receipt application by IIMS: March.
- Date for Counseling of the selected candidates: Last week of July and First week of August
MERI 2017 Exam Pattern:
- Question paper comprises of two papers and each of them is for the duration of three hours each
- Papers are available in two languages-English and Hindi. Paper is based on the language chosen by the candidates while going through the registration for JEE Advanced test
- Question paper consisted of three subjects such as Maths, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Questions will have various sections, multiple choice questions, reasoning, analytical, and test comprehension
- There is negative marking for in the correct answer.