NIMCET 2022: The NIMCET (Common Entrance Test) is the national level entrance test in India conducted by the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) for admission to Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses. There are ten NITs where the candidates can take admission in MCA, like NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and Warangal. The candidate will be selected for the MCA programme only based on the rank obtained in NIMCET-2022. The Curriculum and Syllabi of (MCA) programme offered by NITs are designed considering the needs of different Information Technology firms in India and abroad. MCA graduates have a high potential for jobs in the IT Sector.
- Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Age Criteria: There is no upper or lower age limit.
- Educational qualifications: a candidate who has completed three years degree in B. Sc/B. Sc (Hons)/BCA/BIT are eligible for the exam. OR B.E. /B. Tech degree from a known university or board is also eligible for the exam. Candidate should have mathematics/statistics as compulsory subjects.
- Marks: General category candidates who want to apply should obtain at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam and for reserved category (SC/ST) who want to apply should obtain at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing candidates: candidates who are in the final year are also eligible to apply for the exams.
NIMCET 2022 Exam Date:
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification release||2nd week of February|
|Online Application Submission Last Date||3rd week of February|
|Last date of online Application Form submit||1st week of April|
|Application Form send date||3rd week of April|
|Admit Card Availability date||2nd week of May|
|NIMCET 2022 Exam Date||Last week of may|
|Publication of Result||2nd week of June|
|Counselling date starts||3rd week of June|
NIMCET 2022 APPLICATION FORM:
The Application form will be released in the month of March 2022 by online mode on the official website of NIMCET 2022. Now candidates can follow the given steps to fill the form:-
- Visit to the official website of NIMCET.
- Now candidates should register themselves on the websites by using email or mobile number.
- After that candidates get registration ID and password for login, to fill the application form.
- Now fill the application form carefully.
- Then upload the scanned copies of photographs and signature in the given format.
- Candidates can take a printout of the filled application form for further reference.
- Now after check all the details carefully, submit the application form.
NIMCET APPLICATION FEE:
- Applicants have to deposit the application fee in online mode only through debit cards, credit cards or by net banking.
- Application fee for GEN/OBC category is Rs 2200/-.
- The application fee for SC/ST category is Rs 1100/-.
- The application fee is nonrefundable.
The important information related to the paper pattern for the entrance exam is listed below for applicants to refer:
- Mode: It will be an offline mode (pen-paper based test) exam.
- Duration: the candidate will get two hours to solve the paper.
- A number of questions: Total numbers of questions are 120.
- Type of questions: MCQ (multiple choice questions) type objective questions.
- Language: English
- Answer mode: candidate can only use blue or black ball pens only.
- Marking scheme: Four marks will be given for the correct answer.
- Negative answer: One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Subjects: The question paper will be based on four different subjects.
- Mathematics (50 questions)
- Analytical ability and logical reasoning (40 questions)
- Computer awareness (10 questions)
- General English (20 questions)
MATHEMATICS (50 questions):
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear /quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, equations of a circle, parabola, pair of straight lines, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY & LOGICAL REASONING (40 questions):
The questions in this section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS (10 questions):
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating-point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
GENERAL ENGLISH (20 questions):
Comprehension, vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.
The information about the admit card is given below:-
- The admit card will released in the month of May 2022 by online mode on the official website of the university.
- It is important to download the admit card by login on the official website and take the printout of the same for future reference.
- Remember that the admit card will not be received by mail, SMS, post or in person from the university.
- Admit cards should be carry by the candidate at the time of examination.
- Candidate should keep the admit card safely, it will be needed at the time of the admission process.
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|CDS Exam eBook with Solved Paper – Buy Now|
The important information related to the declaration of the results is listed below:-
- The Results will be released in the month of June 2022 by online mode only. No separate RANK STATEMENT will be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates have to download the result and take the printout of the same from the website itself.
- A Candidate securing zero or negative marks either in Mathematics or Total Marks in NIMCET-2019 test will be disqualified.
- The ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate.
- Candidate those are clear the entrance exams are inviting for the counseling.
- Candidates who qualify in the entrance exam, invited for the counseling.
- Candidates declared qualified in NIMCET-2022 will be allowed to fill the choices of Institutes in which they wish to take admission into MCA programme. (Participating Institutes are NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal).
- For the counseling, Candidates are required to use their login and password to fill the choices of institutes through online.
- Then they are required to lock their choices.
- However, choices filled by all candidates will be locked. After locking, students cannot access their locked choices.
- Seat allotments will be made on the basis of his/her rank and institute choices locked.
Documents Needed for Counseling
- Marks sheets of 10th and 12th
- Pass certificate of 10th and 12th
- NIMCET 2019 Rank Card
- Residence Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificates (if applicable)
- Several Passport size photographs