NIT Karnataka PhD Admission 2022: NIT Karnataka provides a Ph.D. program for candidates aspiring for a doctorate in any discipline conducted by them. Candidates can enroll themselves depending on their scores in the final examination. An aptitude test is organized by NIT Karnataka followed by a personal interview in order to select the candidate for the Ph.D program. Fourteen Ph.D programs related to Humanities, Engineering, Management & Science are offered by the National Institute of Technology, Karnataka. The basic eligibility criteria for admission in any Ph.D program depends on the choice of subject the candidate opts for.
NIT Karnataka Ph.D. Admission 2022 Syllabus:
- For a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering candidates can specialize in Construction Technology and Management Environment, Structures, Transportation, Earth Sciences and Geotechnical programs.
- For Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering candidates can opt for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Renewable Energy, Alternative Fuels, IC Engine & Combustion, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue, Machine Dynamics and Vibration, FEM, Advanced Materials, Advanced Manufacturing, Structural Acoustics, Mechatronics, MEMS, Nanotechnology, Stress Analysis, Robotics and Control, Product Design, Polymer Nano-Composites and Precision Manufacturing.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering candidates can opt for Electrical Machines and Machine Diagnosis; Adaptive and Distributed Signal Processing for Sensing and Image Applications; Renewable Energy Technologies; Power Systems; Control System; High Voltage Engineering and Field Computations; Power Electronics and Drives; Smart Grid Technologies.
- For Ph.D. in Electronics & Communications Engineering, the specializations are VLSI/ Communication/ Signal Processing.
- For Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, the specializations are Biotechnology, Process Development, Particulate System, Transfer Operation, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Energy, Process Modelling and Simulation, Electrochemical Applications.
- For Ph.D. in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, the specializations are Mechanical Metallurgy, Thin films & coating, Physical Metallurgy, Corrosion, Extractive Metallurgy, Minerals Beneficiation, Welding, Heat transfer studies, Surface Engineering, Composites and Nano-composites, Advanced Materials.
- For Ph.D. in Mining Engineering, the specializations are Drilling & Blasting, Environmental Management, Rock Mechanics & Ground Control Engineering, Mine Planning.
- For Ph.D. in Information Technology, the specializations are Big Data Analysis, Affective Computing, Cloud Computing, Bio-Inspired Computing, Cloud Security, Cyber Security, Computer Networks, Databases, Distributed Computing, Data Mining, Healthcare Informatics, Information Retrieval, High Performance Computing, Information Security, Internet of Things, Network Security, Natural Language Processing, Semantic Web Technology, Social Multimedia/Social Network Analysis, Wireless Sensor Networks, Web Services.
- For Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, the specializations are Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Distributed Computing, Information Security, Data Mining, High-Performance Computing, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Speech Processing, Cloud Computing, Mobile computing.
- For Ph.D. in Physics the specialization is Condensed Matter Physics (purely experimental).
- Ph.D. in Chemistry the specializations are Inorganic, Physical and Organic Chemistry, Materials, Physical and Organic Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Mathematics & Computational Sciences the specializations are Wireless Sensor Networks, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Reliability Engineering, Algorithms, Graph Theory, Computer Network Security, Dynamical Systems, Real Analysis, Image Processing, Differential Equations, Fixed Point Theory, Numerical Methods.
- For Ph.D. in Humanities, Social Sciences & Management the specializations are International Business, Business Policy, Organizational Behaviour, Technology Management, Human Resource Management, Capital Markets, Marketing, Corporate Finance, Behavioural Finance, International Economics, Development Economics, Agricultural Economics, Applied Econometrics, Rural Development, Operations Management, E-Governance, Information Systems, Comparative Literature & Other related areas and English.
NIT Surathkal PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility criteria:
For Ph.D. in Humanities, Social Sciences & Management the eligibility standard is PG in the appropriate field or CA with a graduation degree.
For Ph.D. in Mathematics & Computational Sciences, the eligibility standard are MCA/ Masters in Mathematics or M.Tech in the appropriate field.
For Ph.D. in Chemistry, the eligibility criteria are M.Tech/M.Sc in an applicable field comprising M.Pharma.
For all other Ph.D programmes the eligibility criteria are Post graduation in a relevant field with at least 60% marks in total or 55% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories.
Candidates will be enrolled based on complete educational performance in the final examinations, Written Test and Interviews.
It is obligatory for the applicants looking for admission in PhD program to succeed NET or GATE before submitting the application form.
Admission Open 2023:
- IIAD Admission 2023 – Apply Now
NIT Karnataka PhD 2022 Application Form:
Candidates must submit the filled NIT Surathkal Ph.D. Admission 2022 application form with a self-attested Xerox copy of the prescribed documents with an application fee in a form of demand draft must reach the entitled addresses on or before the scheduled date.Ph.D. applicants have to give a presentation on their research topic in order to get enrolled for the Ph.D program for NIT Karnataka.
Candidates have to submit Rs 500/- as an application fee in the form of Demand Draft in favour of the Director, NITK, payable at Mangalore within the stipulated due date with the application form. For SC/ST candidates the application fee is Rs.150.
The examination will be conducted in offline method. Both written test and Interviews will be there for candidates aspiring to join the Ph.D program of NIT Karnataka.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Admit card will be issued before the exam commences. Applicants can acquire their admit card for from the official website. The admit cards will only be provided to the applicants who have completed the form successfully before the due date. Candidates must carry the printed admit card downloaded from the website along with them to the examination centre as without a valid admit card he/she will not be permitted to sit for the examination. The admit card will have the candidate’s name, registration number, Date of Birth, date of an admission test the exam time and so on.
Candidates can check their result from the official website.
The cut off is actually the qualifying marks obtained by a student to get selected for the next round. The written test qualified candidates will get a chance to present their research topic and only after being successful in both the candidates will be called for the interview round which is considered as the final round for NIT Karnataka Ph.D.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here