Pondicherry University 2023: Pondicherry University is a Central University that came into being in 1985. The University is affiliated with the jurisdiction spread over the Union Territory of Puducherry, Lakshwadeep and Andaman and the Nicobar Islands. The aim of the university is to provide advanced knowledge to the students. Along with this, it provides studies in the integrated courses (in Humanities and Sciences) along with French. The university has campuses situated in Karaikal and Port Blair which offers Postgraduate and Doctoral programmes. Here you will find all the details such as Pondicherry University Admission 2023, eligibility criteria, the process to apply, etc.
Pondicherry University 2023 Application Process:
Here are the details about the process to apply at Pondicherry University:
Documents required while filling the Pondicherry University Admission Form 2023:
- E-mail ID and Password
- Scanned copies of candidates’ image and signature
- Details about Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking (for remitting the application fee)
Process to fill the Application form:
- First, go to the official website of Pondicherry University pondiuni.edu.in
- Now, Click on “Admission 2023-2024”
- After this, enter the email address and password for registration.
- Use the login credentials to sign in.
- Fill in the application form.
- Now, click the ‘Submit’ button and get the preview of the filled-in application form
- Pay the application fee.
- Take print of the application form before making final submission.
Check the application fee details mentioned below:
- Post Graduate Level: SC/ST – Rs 300/- and others Rs 600/-
- PhD: SC/ST – Rs 500/- and others Rs 1000/-
- MBA: SC/ST – Rs 500/- and others Rs 1000/-
Note: Transgender and PH category applicants will be expelled from paying any amount as an application fee.
Pondicherry University 2023 Exam Date:
|Online registration date||March 2023|
|Closing date for registration||May 2023|
|Admit Card||May 2023|
|Pondicherry University 2023 Entrance Exam||June 2023|
|Counseling /Admission Date||June 2023|
Pondicherry University 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
It is always a good idea to know about the eligibility criteria before applying. Here are the details about the same:
- To do M.A. Economics, candidate must have completed graduation in Economics with Quantitative Techniques/Statistics) or any Bachelors degree in Social Sciences with Economics as Mathematics as a subject at +2/ Higher Secondary level or graduation degree in Commerce or Bachelors degree in Engineering/ Mathematics/Statistics/Operations Research/Cooperation and Banking with at least 50% of marks as recognized by the Pondicherry University or as recognized by the UGC
- To apply for M.A. English & Comparative Literature, the applicant must have completed graduation in English with at least 50% of marks in part III or a high second class in English under part I or Part II.
- To opt for M.Sc. Chemistry, the applicant must be a graduate in Chemistry with 55% marks in Part III. Besides this, Candidates should have studied Mathematics till XII.
- To opt for M.Sc. Mathematics, the minimum eligibility is graduation in Mathematics with at least 55% of marks
- To apply for M.Com. (Business Finance), an applicant must be a graduate in Commerce/ Foreign Trade/Corporate Secretaryship/ B.B.A./ B.C.M./ B.A Co-op./ B.Com. (Edn.)/B.Com.(Vocational) at least 50% aggregate.
After filling the application form, the applicants need to download the admit card/hall ticket. To download the admit card, click the website pondiuni.edu.in. and enter the User ID and password in the login window. The admit card will allow you to enter the exam center. Thus ensure to carry a copy of the admit card.
Steps to Download Admit Card:
- First, go to the official website of Pondicherry University (pondiuni.edu.in)
- Now, click the official link of the Pondicherry University 2023 admit card.
- After this, enter the user ID and password to sign in.
- Go through the details mentioned on the admit card.
- Take print of the admit card for further references.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
The Pondicherry University commences an entrance examination for Postgraduate programmes. Candidates must be aware of the examination pattern of the test:
- The exam will be conducted in the online mode
- There will be 100 Multiple Choice questions in the paper
- The candidate will get 2 hours to complete the test.
- 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer and 4 marks will be rewarded for the correct one.
Pondicherry University conducts examinations in 33 cities of India. The exam centers are located in the following cities:
- New Delhi
- Port Blair (Andamans)
The result will be announced in the online mode. Candidates will receive the scorecard in PDF format. The selection list will be comprised of names of the applicants, registration ID, ranks and scores.
Candidates will be selected for the courses in the following manner:
- PG/PG Diploma (except MBA Part-Time, LLM and M.P.Ed): Based on marks scored in the Entrance Exam
- P.Ed: Entrance Exam as well as Physical Fitness Test
- MBA: Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- LLM: Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- D: Entrance Test/JRF and Interview.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here