PUTHAT 2022: The PUTHAT 2022 is the entrance examination conducted by Panjab University for entrance to its courses on tourism and hospitality under the University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM). The PUTHAT is the short name for Punjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT). The examination is every year by Punjab University for the selection of candidates for admission to its Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM).
PUTHAT 2022 Notification:
- 16th June 2022: The last date to apply for the PUTHAT 2022 Application form is 16th June 2022.
- 26th May 2022: PUTHAT 2022 Application Form has been released on 24th May 2022.
PUTHAT 2022: Highlights
|Exam Name||Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) 2022|
|Conducted By||Panjab University (PU)|
|Category||Hotel Management Entrance Exam|
|Level of Exam||University Level|
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
PUTHAT 2022 Exam Date:
|PUTHAT Availability of Online Application Form||24th May 2022|
|Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Login & Password||16th June 2022|
|Last date for deposit of fee Online||18th June 2022|
|Documents uploading last date||20th June 2022|
|Admit card||27th June 2022|
|PUTHAT Exam Date 2022||29th June 2022|
|Result Declaration||19th July 2022|
|Date of Availability of Admission Forms||To be announced|
|Date of submission of Admission Form||To be announced|
PUTHAT 2022 Application Form:
- The registration form is available at ‘https://puthat.puchd.ac.in/’
- The candidates have to register online.
- The candidates applying must take care that they fill in details correctly.
- The prospectus is also accessible from the page https://puthat.puchd.ac.in/registration.php.
- The candidate needs to go to the page and click on the prospectus on the left-hand side of the page.
- The candidate needs to register himself or herself by providing the following details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, mobile number, consent to receive SMS, e-mail address, and whether they belong to any reserved category like scheduled caste or scheduled tribe or backward classes or persons with disability.
- After registration, the Candidate will receive a user ID, password, and an application number on his or her registered mobile number and e-mail.
- The candidate can log in using his or her unique user ID and password. The candidate has to fill in the personal details asked for in the application form.
- The candidate needs to upload the required document along with a scanned copy of the latest passport photograph of the size stipulated by the university.
- Candidate also needs to upload a scanned copy of his or her signature for the application.
- The candidate must check for mistakes and ensure that all the information is correct as he or she will not be allowed to make any changes once the application form has been submitted.
- The application fee for general candidates is Rs.2175.
- The same application fee for candidates in the reserved category like Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or Person With Disability is 1088.
- It should be noted that candidates are advised to enter their payment details in the application form 1 day after making payment through challan.
PUTHAT 2022 Application Form: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
- The general candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations with at least 50% marks in aggregate either from CBSE Board or its equivalent board or university. English should be one of the compulsory subjects.
- The minimum aggregate marks requirement is reduced to 45% for the reserved category of candidates.
- Candidates from Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad, and Board of Higher Secondary Education, Delhi are not eligible.
- The medium of examination is English.
- The total number of questions is 100
- There will be 30 questions from English Aptitude, 20 questions from Current Affairs 20 questions from Reasoning Ability, and 30 questions from Hospitality Industry Awareness.
- The type of examination is to answer multiple-choice questions.
- The duration of the examination is one and a half hours.
- The Marking Scheme is that 1 mark will be added for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
The subjects for PUTHAT 2022 Entrance are English Aptitude, Current Affairs, and General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, and Hospitality Industry Awareness.
- The admit card is accessible online.
- The registered can download the admit card by logging in at the official website of Punjab University with his stipulated User ID and Password.
- The candidate should take a print of the admit card and it is advisable to keep it in safe custody as the admit card is not only necessary for entry to the examination center but is also required at the time of counseling.
The result for PUTHAT 2022 will declare by the Punjab University online on the official website. The candidates are offered admission to the course based on the merit list. To check the result, the candidates will log in with their User ID and Password. To qualify for counseling, the candidates have to score the minimum cut-off marks.
The minimum cut-off mark for general candidates is 15% while the minimum cut-off mark for candidates in the reserved category is 10%. The candidates will be called for counseling according to the merit list which is published by the university. The counseling process is expected to start in July 2022 and will be held at the University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management. Candidates must carry all the required documents which are as follows: Admit Card, Duly filled Admission Form, Age Proof, Class 10 mark sheet and certificate, 10+2 mark sheet and certificate, Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or Person With Disability Certificate for candidates in the reserved category, Demand Draft of the counseling fee in favor of “Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh”, payable at Chandigarh.
Panjab University was established in the years 1882 as the University of Punjab. In the year 1947, the university was divided into two. To differentiate from one another, the name university on the Indian side was changed to Panjab University. Panjab University remained without a campus for almost 10 years. Since its reestablishment at Chandigarh in the year 1956, the Panjab University has made great strides in the field of education and was among the top universities in Asia in a 2015 survey. The Tourism and hotel management courses offered by the University are very highly regarded in India and abroad.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here