SSC CGL 2025: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) Examination 2025 at the national level. The Entrance Exam will conduct to select the candidates for the various graduate-level entry to the various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. The SSC CGL Exam 2025 Notification will be released at the end of February 2025. The candidates have to go through four phases to clear this examination. In this article, candidates get details about the SSC CGL Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, etc.
SSC CGL 2025 Notification:
- SSC CGL 2025 Application Form has been extended till October 2025
- SSC CGL 2025 Highlights
- SSC CGL Exam Date 2025
- CGL Application Form 2025
- Vacancies & Reservation
- SSC CGL 2025 Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Procedure
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2025
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- SSC CGL 2025 Result
SSC CGL 2025: Highlights
|Name Of Exam||SSC CGL 2025|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Application Form||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Tier-I and Tier-II: Computer-Based Test, Tier III: Skill Test/Computer Ability Test|
|SSC Calendar 2025||Click here|
||ssc. nic. in|
SSC CGL Exam Date 2025:
|SSC CGL Notification Release Date||September 2025|
|Online Registration started||September 2025|
|Last Date to Submit Application||October 2025|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||October 2025|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||October 2025|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during
working hours of Bank)
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form
Correction’ including online payment.
|Tier-1 Admit Card Downloading||To be announced|
|Tier-1 Examination||December 2025|
|Result Announcement||To be announced|
|Tier-2 Admit Card Download||To be announced|
|Tier-2 Examination||To be announced|
|Result Announcement||To be announced|
SSC CGL Application Form 2025:
The Application Form for SSC CGL 2025 can be obtained online through the official website of SSC. When you get to the website click on the link “apply online” which will be available on the home page of the site that shall be active after the release of the official notification.
Candidates should first read all the information carefully before starting to fill up the application form. All the mandatory fields should be filled in correctly and completely. Candidates must upload their scanned recent photograph and signature. When the application form is filled up completely in all respects, it should be submitted. A printout of the confirmation page should be taken for future use.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
- The Application fee is Rs.100/-
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of the fee.
- The Application Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Steps to apply for SSC CGL 2025:
- Visit the official website of SSC (https://ssc.nic.in/).
- On the homepage, the registration link for SSC CGL 2025 will open.
- Click on the New User / Register Now link.
- Candidates need basic details to fill the registration form like name, parent’s name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Then click on submit button.
- Then all the candidates will be issued a Registration ID for SSC CGL 2025 exam.
- Now candidates are required to login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Login with a registered ID and password to complete the Part II of the application form for SSC CGL 2025.
- After filling out the application form, click on the submit button.
Vacancies and Reservation:
- Tentative vacancies: There are approx. 20,000 vacancies. However, firm vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancies, if any, along with Post-wise& category-wise vacancies will be made available on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in> Candidate’s Corner > Tentative Vacancy) in due course. Candidates may note that State-wise/ Zone-wise vacancies are not collected by the Commission.
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes(SC), Scheduled Tribes(ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Ex-Servicemen (ESM), and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) candidates for all the categories of posts/services, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as determined and communicated by the Indenting Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Cadres, as per extant Government Orders.
- Vacancies for ESM are reserved for only Group “C” posts.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the Exam.
- A candidate must be either:
- The candidates must be Indian by nationality.
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 to permanently settle in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
- The age limits of the candidates must be between 18 years to 32 years.
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer:
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
- During the period of probation direct recruits shall have to qualify for the “Subordinate Audit/ Accounts Service Examination” in respective branches for confirmation and regular appointment as Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer.
Junior Statistical Officer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level; Or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at
All other Posts:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- The candidates who have appeared in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before the cut-off date i.e.08-10-2025.
The final selection is completely based on the performance of the Written Test (CBT) which shall be followed by the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT), Descriptive Test, and the Skill Test. The final merit list of the selected candidates is prepared through the performance of the candidates in all three tiers taken together.
- Tier I: Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension.
- Tier II: will include conducting Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Tier (I) Exam Pattern:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Tier-II Exam Pattern:
|S. No.||Papers||Time Allotted|
|1||Paper-I: (Compulsory for all posts)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|2||Paper-II: Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||2 hours|
|3||Paper-III: Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer||2 hours|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 Exam Pattern:
|Sections||Module||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Section I||Module-I||Mathematical Abilities||30||90||1 hour|
|Module-II||Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||90|
|Section II||Module-I||English Language and Comprehension||45||135||1 hour|
|Section III||Module-I||Computer Knowledge Test||20||60||15 minutes|
|Module-II||Data Entry Speed Test||One Data Entry Task||15 minutes|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 & 3 Exam Pattern:
|Paper||Section||No. of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper II||Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
Find below the Syllabus for the General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude & English Language:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Classification, Coding-Decoding, Matrix, Analogy, Word Formation|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Percentage, Interest, Problem on Ages, Averages, Ratio & Proportion|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, etc.), Sports, Important Schemes|
|English Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Spellings, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks, One-word Substitution, Phrases & Idioms|
The Admit Card of Exam can be downloaded from the official website of the conducting authority which is ssc.nic.in/. After visiting the website candidates should enter their registration number and date of birth in the required space to download their Admit Card.
The answer key of the Exam 2025 shall be released by the authority to the candidates only after the successful completion of the examination. The candidates shall be able to calculate roughly the marks they are likely to obtain in the entrance examination with the help of the answer key.
The result will be declared about two to three months after the completion of the entrance examination and published on the official website.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here