TANCET 2021: The government of Tamilnadu commences Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET via Anna University to give admission to the graduates into so many Postgraduate courses such as MCA and MBA etc into various colleges of Tamilnadu. TANCET 2021-22 Entrance Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility Admit Card, Syllabus along with other details provided here. Those who qualify the examination will be given admission to the courses like MBA/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ MCA/ M.E/M.Plan.
TANCET 2021 Notification:
- TANCET 2021 Score Card has been released on 8th April 2021.
- The Exam Dates for TANCET 2021 have been released. The exam will be held on 20th & 21st March 2021.
TANCET 2021: Highlights
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Name Of The Exam||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)|
|Name of the Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exams, MBA Entrance Exams|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
TANCET 2021 Exams Dates:
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Availability of Application Form||19th January 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||16th February 2021|
|Checking Final Status of Application||23rd February 2021|
|Admit Card Released||5th March 2021|
|Exam Date||20th & 21st March 2021|
|Result Announcement||2nd April 2021|
|Downloading of Mark Sheets||8th April 2021|
|Counseling start||May 2021|
TANCET 2021 Application Form:
The availability of the application form is possible via online mode. Candidates are required for logging into the TANCET website or one can request via post as well through the DD or Demand Draft in favor of The Secretary, TANCET payable at Chennai. Demand draft can be drawn from the nationalized bank. The application can be acquired anytime in the whole month of January. After fetching the application form, submit it before the last date. Also, keep in mind that all the details are correctly filled. The Examination will take place in the month of April. The announcement of the result will most probably in a few months after the commencement of the exam.
Application Fee Details: Those who are paying the application fee to make sure to check the category because the fee is varied from one category to another. Those who belong to General Category need to make a payment of Rs 500/- and those who belong to the reserved categories such as SC and ST make payment of Rs 250/- via online mode.
Documents and Particulars required for Registration
- Tenth Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- Twelth Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- Valid email-ID and mobile number. Provide only your currently used email and mobile number, as this office communicates only through email/mobile.
- Diploma Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing, if you are a diploma holder.
- A passport photo of good quality in jpg format.
- Copy of community certificate in pdf format, for those who belong to SC/ST/SCA.
- Image of your signature in jpg format.
- Particulars are required for online payment.
Steps to Fill Application Form in Online Mode:
- Visit the official site onlineapp.annauniv.edu
- Go to the home page and click the ‘admissions’ link
- Then enter ‘Apply Now’ and again enter the ‘Register’ button.
- Now, fill the registration form with all the crucial details and make payment of the fee
- Once the details get to fill, press the ‘Submit’ button
Note: Take the hard copy of the form for further ease
TANCET 2021 Application Form: Click here
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- The student must be a citizen of India.
For M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field securing aggregate of 50% marks (45% for reserved candidates) from a recognized board or university.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized board or university securing a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved candidates).
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics subject at 12th level or in graduation from any recognized University or Board securing at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category).
MCA (Lateral Entry):
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum the years of duration in BCA, B.Sc (Computer Science/ Information Technology) with Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduate level with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category students)
GATE Score: Students can also apply through GATE Scores without appearing for the entrance exam. However, candidates with valid scores in Engineering Science & Life Sciences have to appear for the test to get admission.
- There is no Age limit.
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Pattern:
The aspirant needs to have done graduation or pursuing the final year in college. The degree of graduation acceptable from some recognized university belonging to the Government of India or state government.
- The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- The paper will have multiple choices questions.
- The medium of the exam will be English and Tamil.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Students will get 1 mark for every correct answer.
- 1/3 mark will be awarded for every incorrect answer.
|Courses||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch|
TANCET 2021 Syllabus:
If you are thinking that availing question paper is an easy task then it is not like that. Thus it is recommended for taking some crash courses so that one can make better preparation for the examination.
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
Syllabus for ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan:
Part 1 – Engineering Mathematics
- Numerical Methods
- Applied Probability
- Determinants and Matrices
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration
Part 2 – Basic engineering and sciences
- Material Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
Part 3 – Group A
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Mechanical Engineering
Part 3 – Group B
- Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Geo – Informatics
- Instrumentation, Electronics, and Control Engineering.
- Material Science and Ceramic Technology
- Leather Technology
Syllabus for MBA:
The Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices, Functions, Inequalities, Modulus, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Set Theory.
Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability:
Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, Sentence Corrections, Idioms, Cloze Test, One Word Substitution.
Number Systems, Arithmetic Topics, and Algebra. Questions on topics of Data Interpretation like Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph, and Tables can also be expected.
This section has not any predefined syllabus. Candidates will be given business situations in paragraph form, which will be followed by some questions.
Syllabus for MCA:
Analytical Reasoning & Logical Reasoning:
Linear and Circular Arrangements, Selections, Coding & Decoding, Direction Sense, Blood Relations, Series, Analogies, Decision Making, Binary Logic, Syllogisms, and Puzzles.
Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices, Functions, Inequalities, Modulus, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Set Theory.
Computer Hardware, Controls, Basic Terminology, Internet & Protocols, Network Basics, Computer Abbreviations, Security Tools, Shortcuts, History of Computer, Memory, Computer Organization, Input-Output tools, Computer Architecture, Languages, and Algorithms.
TANCET Hall Ticket:
TANCET 2021 Admit Card will be Release on 5th March 2021. How to check & download candidates can find below some steps:
- TANCET 2021 Admit card will be available on the official website of Anna University. Authority will not provide by post or email.
- the Anna University official website is www.annauniv.edu.
- There you will see the link Hall Ticket Download.
- After that login with User Id and Password.
TANCET 2021 Result:
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
TANCET 2021 Result will be announced through online mode. The result will be made available in online mode on 16th April 2021. Candidates can check the result by using Login ID & Password. After the result will be declared students will be able to download the scorecard.
The TANCET 2021 counseling will be released after the declaration of the result. After candidates will get their scores, they will be called for their counseling process. Students will get their call letter for participation in the counseling.
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- TANCET Scorecard
- Address proof
- Requisite fee in form of DD or cash
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.