UPSC CSE 2022: The Civil Services Examination CSE is a known nationwide competitive exam commenced every year. Through Civil Services, the UPSC recruits relevant candidates to several Central and All India Civil Service posts in the Indian Revenue Service (IRS), Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), an Indian Police Service (IPS), etc.
Civil Services Exam 2022 Notification:
- UPSC CSE 2022 Notification has been released on 2nd February 2022 IAS Prelims will be conducted on 5th June 2022 and the Mains Exam will be conducted on 16th September 2022.
UPSC CSE 2022 Details:
- Examination’s Name: Civil Services Exam (UPSC CSE Exam 2022)
- Exam Level: All India / National Level
- Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission
- Exam mode: Offline / Pen and paper mode
- Age Limit: Age Limit for Indian Citizens between 21 – 32 years.
- Number of attempts: 6 attempts
UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Date:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Official Notification Publication Date||2nd February 2022|
|Application Form Available||2nd February 2022|
|Application form last date to submit||22nd February 2022|
|Preliminary Examinations Admit Card issue date||10th May 2022|
|UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Date (Preliminary)||5th June 2022 (1 Day)|
|Preliminary Exam Results date declaration||23rd June 2022|
|UPSC Main Exam Admit Card||September 2022|
|UPSC Exam Date (Main)||16th September 2022 (5 Days)|
|UPSC Main Exam Results declaration||January 2023|
Recruitment for the following posts via Preliminary Examination (Civil Services Examination)
- (i) Indian Administrative Service.
- (ii) Indian Foreign Service.
- (iii) Indian Police Service.
- (iv) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- (v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- (vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- (vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- (viii) Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- (ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- (x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xv) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- (xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xvii) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- (xviii) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xix) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
- (xx) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- (xxi) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- (xxii) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- (xxiii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- (xxiv) Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
UPSC CSE 2022 Application Form:
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
To apply for UPSC IAS 2022, the applicant needs to go to the official website https://upsconline.nic.in and go through all the instructions carefully mentioned. Brief Instructions for filling up the ‘Online Application Form’ will be available in Appendix-II. It is crucial to fill in all the details asked in the application form. All details such as personal info, academic info, etc should be correctly filled because a form filled with incorrect info may lead to cancellation. Select the center for Examination while filling out the application form. Fill in the information such as the detail of the Centre and the medium of Examination. Submit the certificate for Age verification, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled caste certificates.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
- The application fee will be Rs 100/-. However, Female/SC/ST category candidates will not pay an application fee.
- Make a payment of the application fee in any Branch of State Bank of India or else make use of Visa/Master/RuPay/Credit/Debit Card or by some other Internet Banking of SBI to pay the application fee.
Find below the details about the Civil Services Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria. Before submitting the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Application form candidates must read the below steps:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India (For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service, and the Indian Police Service)
- For other services, a candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India prior1st January 1962 intending to permanently settle in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
- The candidate’s minimum age should be 21 years and a maximum of 32 years.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe will get age relaxation of 5 years and up to three years for those belonging to Defence Services Personnel, disabled during hostilities with any foreign country. 5 years relaxation in case of ex-servicemen inclusion of Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have spent five years in Military Service.
- Maximum age relaxation of 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed 5 years of assignment and have been extended for more than five years in the case of the Ministry of Defence.
- Age relaxation of 10 years in the case if the candidate is has blindness and low vision; deaf and hard of hearing; locomotor disability such as cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness; multiple disabilities
- Age relaxation of 5 years if a candidate is domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Prelims Exam: This is the first stage of the UPSC CSE process. It is a screening test to choose applicable candidates for the further selection process. Prelims exam consisted of two objective type papers of 200 marks each. Those who attain the above cut-off declared by UPSC for the specific year will move to the next level of examination. It is important to note that marks attained in Prelims will not be counted in the final merit list.
- Mains Exam: Mains Exam consisted of 9 descriptive type papers such as one Essay paper, four General Studies Papers, two Optional Papers (of your choice to be selected from the Civil Services Exam Optional Subjects), two language papers (marks acquired in language papers will not be included in the Final ranking order – candidates need to acquire minimum 25% in each paper to qualify).
- Interview: Interview is a Personality test, commonly known as the interview round in the Civil Services Exam selection process. Those who successfully clear the mains exam will move for the Interview round. The interview helps in testing mental alertness, intellectual and moral integrity, etc in candidates. Marks scored in the interview will be added to the marks attained in the mains exam to move to the final merit list.
Civil Services Exam Pattern 2022:
- UPSC CSE 2022 is also known as the Preliminary Exam (Objective Type) will be consisted of Multiple Choice Questions.
- The paper will be of 200 marks.
- After qualifying Prelims, the candidate will move for Main Exam and then for the Interview.
- The Paper will consist of General Studies. There will be a deduction of 1/3rd mark for every incorrect answer.
- If the question is left blank then no marks will be given.
- The Paper will be 200 marks each.
- Paper will be objective type (multiple choice questions)
- The exam duration will be 2 hours.
Civil Services Exam Syllabus:
- Paper, I include topics such as – Current Events of National and International Importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World, Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc, Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc, General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- Paper-II includes topics from General Science, Comprehension; Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills, Decision Making and Problem Solving, Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Ability, General Mental Ability, Basic Numeracy (Numbers and their Relations, Orders of Magnitude, etc.) (Class X level). Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. — Class X level).
Rules to be followed in the Examination Centre:
- The candidate will not be permitted to carry a mobile phone, pen drive, smartwatches, camera, blue tooth devices, or related equipment
- It is not recommended to carry valuable or costly items to the Exam venue for safety purposes.
UPSC CSE 2022 Admit Card:
- Applicant should have details of an ID Card such as Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/ Card/Passport/Driving Licence/ or Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government.
- The details of the Photo ID Card need to be provided by the applicant while filling up the online application form.
- Upload the scanned copy of that Photo ID details which is provided in the online application form.
- The Photo ID Card will be used for all future references and is recommended to carry at the examination center while appearing for Exam and Personality Tests.
- The online application needs to fill and submitted within the time duration. The eligible applicants will receive an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the exam. The e-Admit Card will be provided through UPSC’s official website https://upsconline.nic.in so that it can be easily downloaded.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here