UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2021: Those who are eager to apply for Combined GEO-Scientist and Examination 2021 will now able to fetch immense information. If you are also applying for the examination, then it is important to collect all the required details before you apply. Find below the Combined GEO-Scientist Examination 2021 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc:
UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist 2021 Notification:
- 26th June 2021: UPSC has been released the Mains Admit card for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist 2021. Click here to download the Admit Card.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2021: Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2021|
|conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam level||National level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Dates||Prelims exam: 21st February 2021 (1 Day)
Mains Exam: 17th July 2021 (2 Days)
UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2021 Exam Date:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Events||Exam Dates (Announced)|
|Application form Available||7th October 2020|
|Deadline to submit an online Application form||27th October 2020|
|Online Applications From withdrawal Date||4th to 10th November 2020|
|Admit Card Release||2nd February 2021|
|UPSC GEO-SCIENTIST Exam Date 2021 (Prelims)||21st February 2021 (1 Day)|
|Result Date announced||—|
|Mains Admit Card||26th June 2021|
|UPSC GEO-SCIENTIST Exam Date 2021 (Mains)||17th July 2021 (2 Days)|
UPSC GEOSCIENTIST 2021 Application Form:
The Application Form for the Combined Geo-Scientist 2021 has been available from 7th October 2020. Candidates can apply for the application through online mode.
- Go to the official website www.upsc.gov to collect the application form.
- After visiting the website, go to the “What’s New” section available on the homepage.
- Then press the link comprises of Combined GEO-Scientist Examination Notification.
- Select the option ‘Press here’ and fill the important details mentioned in the Part 1 registration.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph along with a digital signature within the space mentioned in the form.
- Press the “Continue” button and fill the details will automatically get saved
- Fill the part 2 Registration form
- Fill the details which are important to appear in the exam.
- Press “Submit”
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
The Application Fee for all the candidates will be Rs.200/- and for Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of a fee. The Mode of the Application Payment will be credit card, debit card, or internet banking or the fees can also be paid by cash using a bank challan.
Combined GEO-Scientist Exam Notification 2021: Click here
Combined GEO-Scientist 2021 Application Form: Apply here
The Preliminary Examination will be held at the following Centers:
The Main Examination will be held on the following Centres :
- Dispur (Guwahati)
Find below the Combined GEO-Scientist Examination 2021 Eligibility:
- The Candidate must be a citizen of India or else refugee from Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibet arrived in India before 1-1-1962. Candidate must be originated from Indian migrated from East African countries, Pakistan, Burma, or Sri Lanka.
- Candidate must have completed post-graduation from some recognized University or institution.
- Age criteria are considered according to the norms of UPSC.
The number of vacancies for the various posts is given below:
|Category-I : (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines).||Chemist, Group A||15|
|Category-II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
||Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’||16|
|Scientist ‘B’(Chemical ) Group ‘A’||03|
|Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’||06|
The Selection process for the UPSC Combined Geo-scientist 2021 will be conducted in 3 stages:
- Stage-I: The first stage will be the Preliminary Examination which will be conducted by Online mode (Computer Based Objective Type Papers).
- Stage-II: The second stage will be the Main Examination which will consist of Conventional Type Papers.
- Stage-III: The Final stage will be the Personality Test/Interview.
Candidates can check the details of the UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2021 Exam Pattern. Before preparation for this exam just read the below exam Pattern:
- Stage 1: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination (Computer Based Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II. The Prelims exam will be of 400 Marks.
- Stage 2: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type Papers); and it will be 600 Marks.
- Stage 3: The 3rd stage will be Personality Test & it will be of 200 Marks
Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- The Preliminary exam is conducted by online mode i.e, (Computer Based Test).
- The prelims exam consists of MCQ types of questions.
- There will be negative marking in the exam
Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination:-
|Stream-I: Scientist B (Hydrogeology)||Paper-I: General Studies||100||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: Geology/Hydrogeology||300||2 Hours|
|Stream-II: Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics)||Paper-I: General Studies||100||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: Geophysics||300||2 Hours|
|Stream-III: Chemist and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical)||Paper-I: General Studies||100||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: Chemistry||300||2 Hours|
Main Exam Pattern:
Below candidates can see the details of the written exam schedule for the Geophysicist, Junior Hydro-geology (Scientist ‘B’) and Geologist and Chemist Group ‘A’ in GSI, Group ‘A’ for Central Ground Water Board.
|Stream-I: Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology)||Paper I: Geology||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper II: Geology||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper III: Hydrogeology||200||180 Minutes|
|Stream-II: Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics)||Paper I: Geophysics||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper II: Geophysics||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper III: Geophysics||200||180 Minutes|
|Stream-III: Chemist & Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical)||Paper I: Chemistry||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper II: Chemistry||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper III: Chemistry||200||180 Minutes|
Combined GEO-Scientist Examination 2021 Syllabus:
The syllabus of Combined GEO-Scientist and GEOLOGIST Examination 2021 is as follows:
- Geology/Hydrogeology Geology/Hydrogeology: Economic Geology, Physical Geology, Mineralogy, Metamorphic Petrology, Paleontology, Structural Geology, Igneous Petrology, Sedimentology, Stratigraphy, Hydrogeology.
- Geophysics: Mathematical Methods in Geophysics, Nuclear Physics, and Radiometry, Electromagnetism, Solid Earth Geophysics, Geophysical Prospecting, Remote Sensing, and Thermodynamics, etc.
- General Studies: History of India and Indian National Movement, Economic and Social Development, Indian and World Geography, Indian Polity and Governance, Current affairs of national and international importance, General issues on Environmental Ecology and General Science.
- Chemistry: Chemical thermodynamics and chemical equilibrium, Kinetic theory and the gaseous state, Chemical bonding and structure, Chemical periodicity, Acids and bases, Theoretical basis of quantitative inorganic analysis, Solutions of non-electrolytes, Electrochemistry, etc.
|Click here to check UPSC Calendar 2021|
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
The admit card of the candidates will be released three weeks before the exam date. Go to the official website of UPSC to collect the admit card. The card consisted of various details and to get the admit card, the candidate must enter RID, date of birth, etc.
UPSC GEOLOGIST Exam 2021 Result will be published on the official website of UPSC. Those who are shortlisted on the merit list will further fill in the DAF (Detailed Request Form) and submit it. The DAF printout and the certified copies of the papers will then be forwarded to the office of the UPSC.
|UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers (Hindi) – Buy Now|
|Civil Service General Studies 20 Years Solved Papers – Buy Now|
|GK Book for UPSC & PCS Exam (English Medium) – Buy Now|