UPSC IES 2020: Union public service commission is coming up with good news for all those candidates waiting for UPSC IES 2020. IES stands for Indian engineering services. These are the civil services that fulfill the technical and managerial functions of the government. Like most of the other countries of the world, the Indian government also recruits its civil servants and officials on the basis of their merit in the exam. The selection of IES officers is done by the union public officers.
IES 2020-21 Notification – Released:
- IES 2020 Notification has been released on 26th/09/2019.
- UPSC Announced the deadline to submit the IES 2020 Application form. Candidates can fill the online application form till date 22nd/10/2019.
- IES 2020 Exam Date also announced the IES Prelims exam will be conducted on 31st/12/2019 & Mains Exam will be conducted on 29th/June/2020 (Sunday):
UPSC IES 2020 Application Form:
Union public service commission (UPSC) is conducting Indian engineering services in 2020. The candidates from civil, mechanical electronic & telecommunication and electrical can apply for the vacancies. The aspirants must fulfill all the eligibility criteria. The candidates who are interested to make their career in engineering services can apply online for UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2020. the post is for four categories as follows
|Book For ESE Preliminary/Main Exam – Buy Now|
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics and telecommunication engineering
Name of Department: Union Public Service Commission:
- Name of post: engineering service exam 2020
- Job Location: India
- Type of job: central government
- Official website portal: www.upsconline.nic.in
UPSC IES 2020 Exam Date:
|IES Examination 2020 Notification Released||26th September 2019|
|The last date submit the Application Form||22nd October 2019|
|Admit card||November 2019|
|IES Exam Date 2020 (Prelims Exam)||31st December 2019|
|IES Exam Duration||1 Days|
|Prelims Exam Result Date||April 2020|
|IES Exam Date 2020 (Mains Exam)||29th August 2020|
|The Final result date announced||August 2020|
IES Eligibility Criteria:
To fill the form the candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria
|Download UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers – Click Here|
Nationality: The candidate should be the citizen of India. Besides citizens of Bhutan, Nepal and Tibetan refugees who came before 1st Jan 1962 can also apply for the exam. Also the candidates of Indian origin who have migrated from counties like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Myanmar etc can apply.
Age: The candidate should have completed 21 years and the maximum age limit is 29 years. The age relaxation would be provided to the candidates of reserve categories.
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Government servants: 5 years.
The candidate should have done an engineering degree from any recognized university. The candidate who has done an M.Sc degree in electronics, wireless communications, and radiophysics as a special subject can also apply for the examination.
How to Apply for IES/ESE 2020:
Find below some steps for online apply IES/ESE 2020. So follow these steps it will helpful for candidates who want to apply for IES/ESE 2020:
- Open the official website of UPSC: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on notifications and read carefully
- After that fill the application form with all verified details.
- Upload the scanned documents.
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your application form
- Take out the print out of the application form
Application fees details: The IES 2020 application fees can be submitted through online mode by debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
- SC/ST/PH//female:- no fees
IES 2020 Exam Pattern:
The IES 2020 examination would be held in three stages – preliminary, mains and interview. Both the exams will be held online. The pre-exam is completely objective based and main exams are conventionally based.
- There would be negative marking of 0.33 in each wrong answer
- If an applicant gives more than one answer to the question then it would be considered as a wrong answer.
- Those who qualify the pre-exam will appear for mains exams
- After even qualifying mains next round will be the personality test
Exam Pattern for Preliminary Exam:
|Objective||I||General studies Engineering Aptitude||2 Hours||200|
|II||Engineering discipline||3 Hours||300|
Exam Pattern For Main Exam:
|Conventional||Engineering discipline||3 Hours||200|
|Engineering discipline||3 Hours||300|
IES 2020 Syllabus:
Candidates can find in this paragraph about the IES Syllabus 2020. We discuss here General Studies, English & Electrical engineering Syllabus:
- Indian geography
- Indian constitution
- Indian history
- Scientific research
- General policy
- Current affairs
- Fill in the blanks
- Spotting errors
- Reconstruct passage
- Sentence improvement
- Selecting words
KM Theory, electrical circuits, electrical materials, control systems, measurements and instrumentation.
Power systems, communication systems, AC regulator, Microprocessor, power electronics, analog and digital electronic circuit, electrical machines and power transformer.
- The IES 2020 admit card of pre and mains will be released separately
- The admit card won’t be sent to the candidate through the post. A candidate has to download it from the official site.
- The Engineering Services Examination admit card is released 7-10 days before the examination.
- The candidates are requested to kindly read the guidelines before downloading the admit card
- The admit card can be download using the application number and password/date of birth.
- The candidate without admit card will not be allowed to attend the exam.
- Carry your ID proof along with you
ISE 2020 Result:
- The result would be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase.
- After the release of the final result, the candidate can access the marks obtained in each round.
- If you have qualified for the examination then your roll number will get highlighted.
How to Prepare for IES/ESE 2020:
To qualify for the exam the candidate needs to do lots of hard work. The candidates can prepare well by practicing the previous year’s question papers. by practicing previous year papers the candidate can easily get an idea of the type of questions asked in exams and also many times the questions are repeated so practicing previous year paper can be helpful.