|Notification||Exam Date||Application Form||Eligibility||Pattern & Syllabus|
CEED 2023 (Common Entrance Test for Design) is conducted by IIT Bombay. CEED organized the admission to the M.Des (Master of Design) programme which is offered by IIT Bombay, IISC Bangalore, IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, and Ph.D. programme at a few Institutes. All the possible information related to this exam is given here which would help the probable candidates from application to the admission procedure.
CEED 2023 Notification:
- The last date to apply for CEED 2023 Application Form is 21st October 2022.
- The CEED 2023 Application Form has been released on 30th September 2022.
CEED 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||CEED 2023|
|Full-Form||Common Entrance Exam for Design|
|Exam Types||PG Level|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Helpline||Tel: 91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
CEED 2023 Exam Date:
|Start to submit Application Form||30th September 2022|
|Application form Last date for submission||21st October 2022|
|Application Form Submit with late fee (with late fee of Rs.500)||29th October 2022|
|Admit Card Downloading||13th January 2023|
|CEED Exam Date 2023||22nd January 2023|
|Answer key Release Date (Part: A)||24th January 2023|
|Last date of sending comments about draft answer key (Part: A)||26th January 2023|
|Final Answer Key Released (Part: A)||30th January 2023|
|Result Date Announced||7th March 2023|
|Cut OFF Released||March 2023|
CEED 2023 Application Form:
The CEED 2021 Application Form has been released in September and the last date to apply for the Application Form will be November. Candidates can follow the steps to fill out the Application Form:
- For application to this exam, candidates need to register themselves online through their valid E-mail I.D. and mobile number.
- Once they have successfully registered for the examination, the candidates would receive a link in their registered E-mail id along with a login password by the authority to their registered mobile number.
- Then they should log in to their account by using those credentials and obtain the application form. Necessary details should be filled in the application form and the required documents should be uploaded.
- The application fee should be remitted through credit/debit card or net banking.
- The application fee is Rs.3600/- for all categories, Rs.1800/- for candidates of the SC/ST/PWD category, and Rs.1800/- for all female candidates. Then the application form should be submitted and a printout of the confirmation page should be taken for future reference in obtaining the admit card, result, and during the counseling.
Steps To Apply for CEED 2023 Application Form:
- Visit the Official Website of CEED i.e, http://www.ceed.iitb.ac.in/2022/.
- On the homepage, click on on “Register Portal”
- Now Fill the Registration Form with required details like Name, Email Id, Phone No, Password and submit them then the candidate will receive a verification mail.
- After successful registration log in through registered Email Id and Password.
- Now fill the Application Form with required details like Personal, Educational, Communicational, Examination Centre, etc.. and submit the details.
- Then upload required documents like photographs, Signatures, etc.
- Now pay the Application Fee.
- Take the printout of the filled Application Form for future references.
CEED 2023 Application Form: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
The Examination Centres are spread over Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, and Vishakhapatnam.
CEED 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates desirous of applying for CEED must have completed one of the following qualifying Examinations or are expected to complete it by July 2021.
- Candidates must have completed a degree/diploma / postgraduate degree programme of a minimum of 3 years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2021, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2021.
- There is no age limit to apply for the CEED 2021.
- Interested candidates can apply for CEED any number of times.
- Only the candidates who have qualified in CEED 2021 Part A and Part B will be able to download their scorecards.
- The scorecard will be valid for one year from the date of the announcement of their results.
- The candidates will be required to furnish their Scorecard for M.Des. Admissions when they apply for the same.
UCEED 2023 Details: Click here
CEED 2023 Exam Pattern:
- The examination will be conducted in January 2023.
- The test will be in two parts: Part A and Part B.
- CEED 2021 Exam will be conducted through online mode for Part A & Part B of the paper will be in offline mode.
- The question paper will be in English language only.
- The candidates are required to attempt both the parts of the question paper i.e. Part A and Part B.
- All the questions in part A will be objective type questions followed by MCQ, MSQ & NAT.
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Marks if Correct||Negative Marking||Total Marks|
|NAT||8||1 – 8||3||0||24|
|MSQ||10||9 – 18||3||0||30|
|MCQ||23||19 – 41||2||0||46|
|Total||41||1 – 41||100|
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Total Marks|
|Total||5||1 – 5||100|
CEED Syllabus for Part A & Part B is given below:
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyze given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of several statements is the most accurate
response to a posed question.
- Design thinking and problem-solving: Ability to understand the context, the users, and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day-to-day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options, and think out of the box.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Problem identification skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and their appropriate use in design, etc.
CEED Admit Card has been available to download from January 2023 onwards and the candidates are advised to take a clear printout of the admit card before coming to the examination center.
Steps to Download CEED Admit Card:
- Visit the Official website of CEED.
- On the homepage link on ‘Registered user-Login’.
- Then enter Email ID and Password.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Then admit card will appear in your system.
- Download and print the Admit Card.
CEED Result has been declared in March through the Official website. The Result will be displayed for all candidates for Part A & Part B marks will be displayed for only shortlisted candidates.
Steps To Check the CEED Result:
- Visit the official website of CEED.
- On the Homepage, click on Candidate Portal.
- Then click on the Login Button.
- Enter your email Id and password.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- The result will be opened in pdf format.
- Check your result and take a printout of it.
The CEED 2023 cut-off will be released in March. The cut-off marks will release for two-section i.e. parts A and B and the cut-off marks will decide by the authority. The Cut-Off Marks are the minimum marks through that candidates will get admission in their aspiring programs:
Part (A): To qualify in CEED Part A and be shortlisted in Part B, the candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks as mentioned below:
- Open category – 10%
- OBC-NCL – 9%
- SC/ST/PW – 5%
However, it should be noted that if the number of seats available is ‘N’ then the top 10x N candidates will be shortlisted.
Part (B): Only candidates who score above the CEED cut-off marks for their respective categories will be issued the CEED scorecard.
The cut-off will be 5n where will be the number of seats available for admission to the CEED 2023 participating institutes.
|Category||Cut Off Percentage|
There is no common counseling for the CEED. The candidates who qualify in the examination must apply separately for admission to the courses at the Institutes where they wish to apply. They must check the eligibility criteria, apply online, and if shortlisted must attend a personal interview. If they get selected they must pay the admission fee and confirm their admission by completing the required formalities.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here