IIT JAM 2023: Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test M.SC (JAM 2023-24) information is provided here so that candidates will not get misguided. There are so many institutes including IISCs and IITs which are shortened for the Indian Institute of Science and Indian Institute of Technology respectively conduct Joint Admission Tests. The examination aims to give admission to valid candidates in M.Sc for 2 years, Joint M.Sc. Ph.D., M.Sc. Ph.D., M.Sc. – M.Tech, and various other post-bachelor degree programmes at IISC and Ph.D. degree programmes at IISC. This examination commenced every year and the candidates can acquire all the information before applying for the examination.
IIT JAM 2023 Notification:
- IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card has been released on 11th January 2023.
- JAM 2023 Highlights
- IIT JAM Exam Date 2023
- IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
- JAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
- JAM Syllabus 2023
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- JAM 2023 Result
- Cut Off
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
IIT JAM 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Exam||JAM – Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. 2023|
|Conducting Body||IISc, Bangalore|
|Level of Examination||All India Level Examination|
|Type of Exam||Postgraduate Examination|
|Courses Offered||Post-Bachelor’s Degree Courses|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Date:
Candidates can find here the JAM 2023 Exam Date. This exam dates from last year’s exam basis any official update we find, we will update here soon.
|IIT JAM 2023 Notification Released||4th August 2022|
|IIT JAM Registration Date 2023||7th September 2022|
|Last date for Apply||14th October 2022|
|Application Form correction||October 2022|
|Admit cards availability||11th January 2023|
|JAM 2023 Exam date||12th February 2023|
|Answer key release||February 2023|
|Challenge against the answer key||February 2023|
|Final Answer Key||March 2023|
|Result declaration||22nd March 2023|
|Score Card Released||March 2023|
|Submission of application for admission||11th to 25th April 2023|
|First admission list released||July 2023|
|2nd admission list released||July 2023|
|Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for Second Admission List||July 2023|
|Third Admission list released||August 2023|
|Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for 3rd Admission List||August 2023|
|Last date to Upload Missing Documents Against Undertaking||August 2023|
|Opening and closing of the withdrawal option||August 2023|
|Fourth & Final Admission List release||August 2023|
|Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for Final Admission List||September 2023|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2023||September 2023|
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form:
The official website provides an application form for the IIT JAM. Use the online mode to fill out the form.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
IIT JAM Process to Apply:
- First, Visit the official website of IIT JAM 2023 i.e, www.jam.iitm.ac.in.
- Then press the apply online.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the latest passport photo with signature, and category SC/ ST/ PWD.
- Get done with the payment.
- Submit the application form.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form: Click here
The female category in SC/ ST/ PWD categories required paying Rs.900/-. However, all the other category aspirants are required to make payment for Rs.1800/-.
Cost for Two Test Paper:
- All the female candidates in the category SC/ ST/ PWD need to pay Rs.1250/-However, for all other category candidates it is Rs.2500/-.
- Make sure for doing the payment via credit card, debit card, net banking, or via challan
|Gender / Category||Fee Amount|
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories) / SC / ST / PwD||₹ 900||₹ 1250|
|All Others||₹ 1800||₹ 2500|
JAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India or a foreign national.
- The candidate needs to have passed the Bachelor’s degree.
- The aspirant should have scored at least 55% aggregate marks (general category/NCL/ OBC category) and 50% aggregate marks without rounding off the aggregate.
- Those who are waiting for the degree or appearing in the final examination in 2023 can also apply for the application form.
JAM 2023 Exam Pattern:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted online mode.
- Types of Questions: There will be objective-type questions in three different patterns.
- Duration: The duration of the Exam will be 3 hours.
- Medium: The exam needs to attempt in the English language only.
- Total Marks: The exam will be commended for 100 marks.
- Total number of Questions: There will be 60 questions.
- Negative Marking: Section 1st will be available for negative marking only.
- JAM 2023 Examination will be conducted in SEVEN subjects, also referred to as Test Papers; Biotechnology, Chemistry, Economics, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, and Physics.
- Section – A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark their answers by clicking one of the choices. A wrong answer will result in negative marks. For each wrong answer to 1 mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted and similarly, for each wrong answer to 2 mark questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted.
- Section – B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MCQs) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ is similar to MCQ but with the difference that MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given choices. The candidate is awarded full credit only if all the correct answer(s) and no wrong answers are selected. Candidates can mark the answer(s) by clicking the choice(s). There is no negative marking or partial marking for MSQ.
- Section – C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. For NAT questions, the answer is a signed actual number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad displayed on the monitor. No choices will be shown for NAT questions. There is no negative marking for NAT.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Questions Types||Total Marks|
|Section A||30||Multiple-choice questions||50|
|Section B||10||Multiple select questions||20|
|Section C||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus:
JAM Syllabus is divided into various subjects and each subject has selective topics here we mention below Subject and each subject’s topics:
Syllabus for Geology:
In this subject, the question will be these topics i.e. Geomorphology, Structural Geology, The Planet Earth, Paleontology, Petrology, Stratigraphy, Economic Geology, Mineralogy, Applied Geology, etc.
Mathematics Statics Syllabus:
Differential Calculus, Matrix, Integral calculus, Probability, Sequence and series, Random Variables, Sampling Distributions, Testing of Hypothesis, Joint Distributions, Estimation, Limit Theorem, etc.
Syllabus of Chemistry:
This section will question depends on Theory of Gases, Mathematical Concepts, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, Spectroscopy, Organic Reaction Mechanism, Adsorption, Basic Concept of Organic Chemistry, Aromatic & Heterocyclic Chemistry Periodic Table, Natural Products Chemistry, Main Group Elements, Bio-Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Shapes, Analytical Chemistry, etc.
Syllabus for Biotechnology:
This section questions will ask about these topics Biochemistry & Physiology, General Biology, Basic Biotechnology, etc.
Syllabus of Mathematics:
The question will include the topics Function And One Variable, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculation, Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus, Group Theory & Sequence, Real Analysis, Series & Real Number, etc.
JAM Exam 2023 Syllabus of Physics:
Topics will be included in this section i.e. Mechanics & General Properties Of Matter, Oscillation Waves And Optics, Kinetics Theory, Mathematical Methods, Thermodynamics, Electricity & Mechanism, Modern Physics, Devices, Solid State Physics, Electronics & Modern Physics.
JAM 2023 Syllabus in detail:
JAM Exam 2023 Admit Card will be provided on January 2023. The exam will take place on Feb 2023. Candidates can get the Admit Card online mode, the authority will not send the Admit Card by post or other offline methods. Login to the IIT JAM 2023 Official Website & download the admit card, all details mentioned on the admit card.
IIT JAM Final Answer key 2023 will release in March 2023. The candidates will get the answer key online mode. They can download the answer by entering their Login Credentials.
Steps to Download the Answer key:
- First, visit the official website of JAM.
- Then click on the link on the website.
- Then the screen will display the login page.
- After login, the screen will display the answer key screen.
- It will be in PDF form and downloaded it.
IIT JAM Result 2023:
IIT JAM Result candidate can check their result on March 2023. The result will release on the official website of JAM. The result will show in the form of merit and the rank that is attached by IIT JAM. Candidate can check their result by downloading them.
Steps To Download IIT JAM Result 2023:
- Visit the official site @ www.jam.iitk.ac.in.
- Then the “Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur” home page will be opened on the screen.
- At the top of the page click on the Examinations section.
- Then in the Examinations section Check on the “Results”.
- After that, the Rank and Merit List Section will be opened.
- Then check for IIT JAM Result 2023.
- Now enter your login details.
- Click on the submit button.
- Check & download the Result along with the Merit list.
IIT JAM Score Card:
- The Score Card will be available for download from the official website @ jam.iitk.ac.in from 31st March to 31st July 2023.
- The scorecard shows the All India Ranks and the marks obtained by the candidates.
IIT JAM Merit List 2023:
- The IIT JAM rank & Merit List will be released in April 2023.
- The Application form for the admission process will be started in April 2023.
- Candidates who qualify for the exam can review their All India Rank as well as the total scores obtained.
- Based on the candidates’ scores, a list of merits will be prepared for selection.
- The number of students on the merit list (India) will vary depending on the total number of seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
- Based on the list of merit list, the candidates will be called for the counseling process.
IIT JAM Tie-Breaking:
- The tie-breaking criterion for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows:
- The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the concerned candidates will be awarded the same rank.
IIT JAM Cut-Off Marks 2023:
IIT JAM Cut-Off Marks 2023 are given below according to the categories.
|Subject||General Category||OBC Category||SC / ST Category|
JAM Counselling 2023:
IIT JAM counseling 2023 will start after the Result declaration. The candidates who will qualify for the exam are called for counseling. The first admission list will be available on July 2023. The admission form will be available online mode through the website.
Candidates have to fill out the admission form for IIT Jam 2023 from April to May 2023 to participate in the counseling. The admission fee will be Rs. 600/-
GATE 2023 Application Form: Click here
The original documents with photocopies needed at the time of admission are given below:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet/certificate.
- Category certificate.
- Graduation degree.
- Caste certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Passport size photographs (2).
- Any ID proof
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here
6 thoughts on “IIT JAM 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus”
I AM STUDYING IN BSC PHYSICS `, HOW I SHOULD HAVE PREPARE AND WHAT TYPE OF BOOK I SHOULD HAVE TO READ
I have completed my bpharmacy but I did nt maths in 12 th so am I eligible for the exam
can i give jam in 2019 if currently i m in second year of my bachelor degree.
I am a student of Engineering and preparing for the IIT JAM exam 2018.
The details you have mention is good and useful for me but I am searching for the marking scheme in IIT JAM 2018 exam.
how to prepare or the IIT JAM exam without coaching?
how to pripair to iit
If my college and university are at different city and have different pincode ….so which one I have to fill in qualifying column of iitjam form…college or university…help me …my form had beenstucked from last 5days….