Best Government Jobs for Engineers in India: Engineers are the most reputed persons in the business world. They get training and expertise during the hands-on training period. Their requirement is felt in private and government-based organizations at a tremendous scale. Engineering jobs are available both in the government and private sectors. To hold the government job gives stability and security which is somewhat missing in private jobs. Due to all these advantages, engineers are focusing on seeking the best government jobs for Engineers in India
Engineers, who are considered on the top level in the job competition working very well in top government organizations such as NTPC, Indian Oil Corporation, and so on.
Since the market is full of engineers, sometimes, the shortage of government jobs is quite obvious. To sort out this problem, try to pursue engineering in the subjects which are less in demand. There are a huge number of branches in engineering that help a person to acquire a government job. For example, an electrical engineer is likely to get employment in heavy industries.
Government Job in Electrical Engineering:
A person who has attained the degree of Electrical Engineering may look forward to a government job in State Electricity Board, Indian Railways, BHEL, BSNL, DRDO, Indian Army, Indian Navy, and so on. On the other hand, Mechanical engineers enjoy job opportunities in several government sectors including Indian Railways, DRDO, BHEL, PWD, Indian Army, Indian Air Force, etc.
Government Jobs in Chemical Engineering:
Furthermore, a person who has completed Chemical engineering will get a rewarding career in various government sectors such as the Drug Department, Indian Oil Corporation, Fertilizer Corporation of India, Government Managed Refineries, DRDO, ONGC, etc.
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
Government Jobs in Civil Engineers:
Civil Engineers can also fetch government jobs when it is to create public infrastructure and maintain them. It is the job of Civil Engineers to get done with the Town planning and transportation facilities in roadways, railways, etc.
Government Jobs in Other Field in India:
However, some of the courses in the field of engineering are not very popular but seeking interest amongst young generations. These are Biotechnology, Agriculture engineering, Dairy technology, petroleum engineering, food processing, and technology. Modern engineering graduates are high in demand in the public sector.
Another set of engineers are Crude Oil engineers who can find jobs in government organizations such as Indian Oil Corporation, ONGC, Government Operated Refineries, and so on. Likewise, Biotechnology is also a newly developed branch that offers a promising job to the biotechnologist. The government-funded analysis programs, DRDO, Forensic Department, etc. need biotechnologists.
Best Government Jobs for Engineers in India:
The demand for engineers in Government jobs is very high as compared to other professionals. Here is the list of best government jobs for engineers in India:
- Defense Research and Development Organization: Another high established Government organization is DRDO often shortened for Defense Research and Development Organization. It commences Research & Development for Ministry of Defense, Govt of India. It empowers high technologies to work in more than above fifty laboratories. All these laboratories work under several disciplines such as astronautics, missiles, special materials, naval systems, armaments, electronics, combat vehicles, life sciences, training, information systems, engineering systems, advanced computing and simulation, instrumentation, and agriculture. It needs top-quality, efficient, and competent engineers for Group ‘A’ (Class I Gazetted) Officer known as Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS).
- ISRO or Indian Space Research Organization: The high for Engineers to get a job in this well-acclaimed government organization. One has to harness space technology to get a job here. A perfectionist in analyzing space science and planetary. A person would achieve a career in designing, developing, launching vehicles and satellites for achieving access in space. An interested candidate has to go through a special test named ISRO ICRB (Centralized Recruitment Board) and after getting the job, one could expect a salary from Rs.3 Lacs – Rs.10 Lacs.
- Indian Armed Forces: The Indian Defence Forces such as Army, Air Force, and Navy, hire engineers on technical posts. To get a job here, the aspirant has to clear CDSE twice a year. The job requires only unmarried graduates. The selected candidates will get training in branches of the armed force. Once the training comes to an end, they will attain the position of officers under the Indian militia. This government job is satisfying, as one can enjoy exceptional perks.
- Indian Engineering Services (IES) – One of the most coveted careers is IES which is most preferred for engineer graduates. To avail job here means to avail reputation and respect. The President of India appoints all Group A services under IES. To attain such a job, the candidate has to go clear Engineering Services Examination i.e. ESE which aims at conducting the exam in UPSC. After clearing the ESE examination, candidates will get a job under several government organizations such as the Central Public Works Department, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Directorate General of Supply and Disposals, Indian Navy, etc. The candidate has to go through a difficult test to achieve the goal.
- State Public Service Commission: According to a report, a US-based enterprise, India has more than one-fourth of engineers of the world. The engineering graduates have to clear State Public service examinations and as per the data published by UPSC, candidates from engineering have cracked the Civil Service examinations. The academic background of engineers results in attaining important posts after clearing the test. PCS is one such test conducted by State Public Service Commission for providing highly reputed administrative posts. They will obtain jobs in MRO, Tehsildar, and RTO and earn a minimum of Rs.50,000 – Rs.80,000 every month.
- PSU companies after BTech: State or central governments have approximately 51% percent of the share in fields of service, banking, heavy industries, and so on. Some of the known companies PSU are ONGC, SAIL, NTPC, CIL, BHEL, IOCL, GAIL & BPCL. In these and other such companies, one can acquire get a decent job after completing BTech. The recruitment process takes place through GATE. It is mandatory to clear the GATE examination to attain a job in any PSU company. PSU recruitment takes place via entrance test or based on marks obtained in GATE. The entrants will get direct recruitment during campus placements from the known institutes such as IITs, IIMs, IISC, etc.
- National Banks: The banking jobs are no more limited now. Jobs in banks have become technology-driven and thus there is a requirement for engineers. Engineers have sharp analytical skills and thus they work better in this field. The bank job in national banks provides good salary and security. Such banks need Specialist IT Officer for recruiting IT/CS and ECE Engineers. However, some of the banks recruit employees through an entrance test. Banks such as The State Bank of India, Central Bank of India, PSU Banks like Bank of Baroda, Reserve Bank of India, and other Regional and Rural Banks need B.tech graduates.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Other Government Jobs:
- Data Jobs: Demand for data scientists is high in demand all over. The launch of the flagship Digital India campaign by the government of India and Smart cities increased the scope for data analytics. With the increase in technology, the Indian government feels the need to hire data analytics. Fortunately, many Government agencies are aware of the importance of Big data for human life improvement. Several organizations such as Agriculture, Tax collection, Water management, Healthcare, and Railways needed Big data.
- Government Lecturer/ University Professors: National universities look for M-Tech professionals. The interested youngsters have to clear National Eligibility Test to obtain the job. They can also seek a job in national universities on the post of lecturers and associate professors. Such government jobs have perks and job stability. Lecturers can opt for research funded by the government via SRF and JRF. One can earn up to Rs.6 Lacs annually from the jobs of university professors.
- Engineer at National Thermal Power Corporation: NTPC is the largest company generating power. It hires engineers from various fields of engineering such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication, and Applied Science. NTPC has its headquarters situated in New Delhi and various other offices located all over India. The recruitment in NTPC is based on the scores acquired in the GATE test.
- Indian Railways: Indian Railways provide consistent jobs to over 1 million individuals every year. Engineers are also required in Railways for the task of railroads. The applicant must clear the entrance test commenced by the Railway Recruitment Board or the Engineering Services Exam by UPSC to seek a job locomotive engineer, train light engineers, truss engineers, locomotive superintendent, senior section engineers, signal and interlocking engineer, surveyor, carriage and wagon engineer, junior engineer, railroad engineer, a train ticket checker, ticket controller, revenue protection inspector, station master, etc.
- Medical scientists in Public Laboratories and Research Institutes: Biotechnology is a new trend in the market these days. Various engineering students opt for this field which comes under the Ministry of Science and Technology. It offers several vacancies for different posts. If you are in the government sector, you can work as a Biotechnologist in research institutions, public health care centers, and labs.
Conclusion: The world is full of new technologies, innovations, applications, etc. The engineers are high in demand and thus the opportunities in the Government sector is quite high. Engineers of today have just to keep their eyes open and seek the job by cracking the competitive examinations for a job in Public Sector.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here
2 thoughts on “Best Government Jobs for Engineers in India, Civil, Chemical, Electrical Engineers”
Hii i want know that what is the percentage required in graduation to fight the banking all exam of general category and obc
I have joined