|Pattern & Syllabus
UPSC IES/ESE 2023: Union public service commission is coming up with good news for all those candidates waiting for UPSC IES/ESE 2023. IES stands for Indian engineering services. These are the civil services that fulfill the technical and managerial functions of the government. Like most other countries of the world, the Indian government also recruits its civil servants and officials based on their merit in the exam. The selection of IES officers is done by the union public officers.
UPSC IES/ESE 2023 Notification:
- UPSC ESE/IES 2023 Application Form has been released on 14th September 2022 and the last date to apply is 4th October 2022.
IES/ESE 2023: Highlights
|Indian Engineering Services/ Engineering Services Examination 2022
|Commonly Known as
|Union Public Service Commission
|Once a year
UPSC ESE/IES 2023 Exam Date:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now
|IES Examination 2023 Notification Released
|14th September 2022
|The last date to submit the Application Form
|4th October 2022
|IES Exam Date 2023 (Prelims Exam)
|19th February 2023
|Prelims Exam Result Date
|Admit Card for IES (Mains Exam)
|IES Exam Date 2023 (Mains Exam)
|25th June 2023
|IES 2023 Personal Interview Dates
|To be announced
UPSC IES/ESE 2023 Application Form:
Union public service commission (UPSC) is conducting Indian engineering services. Candidates from civil, mechanical, electronic & telecommunication, and electrical can apply for the vacancies. The aspirants must fulfill all the eligibility criteria. The candidates who are interested to make their career in engineering services can apply online for UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2023, the post is for four categories as follows
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics and telecommunication engineering
Steps to Apply for IES/ESE 2023:
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now
Find below some steps for the online application IES/ESE 2023. So following these steps will be helpful for candidates who want to apply for IES/ESE 2023:
- Open the official website of UPSC: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on notifications and read carefully
- After that fill out the application form with all verified details.
- Upload the scanned documents.
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your application form
- Take out the printout of the application form
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
The IES 2020 application fees can be submitted online mode by debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
- SC/ST/PH//female:- no fees
UPSC IES/ESE 2023 Application Form: Click here
UPSC ESE/IES 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
To fill the form the candidate must fulfill the Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate should be a citizen of India. Citizens of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibetan refugees who came before 1st Jan 1962 can also apply for the exam. Also, candidates of Indian origin who have migrated from counties like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar, etc can apply.
The candidate should have completed 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years. Age relaxation would be provided to the candidates of reserve categories.
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Government servants: 5 years.
The candidate should have done an engineering degree from any recognized university. The candidate who has done an M.Sc degree in electronics, wireless communications, and radiophysics as a special subject can also apply for the examination.
UPSC IES/ESE 2023 Exam Pattern:
The IES 2023 examination would be held in three stages – preliminary, main, and interview. Both exams will be held online. The pre-exam is completely objective-based and the main exams are conventionally based. Find below the Exam Pattern Details
- There would be a negative marking of 0.33 for each wrong answer.
- If an applicant gives more than one answer to the question then it would be considered a wrong answer.
- Those who qualify for the pre-exam will appear for the main exams.
- After even qualifying mains next round will be the personality test.
Exam Pattern for Preliminary Exam:
|General studies Engineering Aptitude
Exam Pattern For Main Exam:
Candidates can find in this paragraph the IES Syllabus. We discuss here General Studies, English & Electrical engineering Syllabus:
- Indian Geography
- Indian constitution
- Indian history
- Scientific research
- General policy
- Current affairs
- Fill in the blanks
- Spotting errors
- Reconstruct passage
- Sentence improvement
- Selecting words
KM Theory, electrical circuits, electrical materials, control systems, measurements, and instrumentation.
Power systems, communication systems, AC regulators, Microprocessors, power electronics, analog and digital electronic circuits, electrical machines, and a power transformer.
- The IES 2023 admit card for Pre and mains will be released separately
- The Engineering Services Examination admit card for Main Exam has been released on September 2023.
- The admit card won’t be sent to the candidate through the post. A candidate has to download it from the official site.
- The candidates are requested to kindly read the guidelines before downloading the admit card
- The admit card can be downloaded using the application number and password/date of birth.
- The candidate without admit card will not be allowed to attend the exam.
- Carry your ID proof along with you.
UPSC 2023 Related Exams:
- IFS Exam 2023 Application Form
- CDS 2023 Application Form
- UPSC IAS 2023
- UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist 2023
- NDA 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2023 Application Form
- CISF AC 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Application Form
- The result would be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase.
- After the release of the final result, the candidate can access the marks obtained in each round.
- If you have qualified for the examination then your roll number will get highlighted.
How to Prepare for IES/ESE 2023:
To qualify for the exam the candidate needs to do lots of hard work. The candidates can prepare well by practicing the previous year’s question papers. by practicing previous year’s papers the candidate can easily get an idea of the type of questions asked in exams, also many times the questions are repeated so practicing the previous year’s paper can be helpful.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here