|Notification||Exam Date||Application Form||Eligibility||Pattern & Syllabus|
CLAT 2023: The Common Law Admission Test is a national-level examination organised for candidates who are interested in seeking admission in the courses of integrated law at the UG and PG levels. CLAT is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities, which comprises representative universities. This entrance exam commenced on a rotation through 22 different National Law Universities, or NLUs, of India. Get brief information such as the CLAT 2023 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Paper Pattern, Result, and Admit Card here:
CLAT 2023 Notifications:
- CLAT 2023 Application form has been released on 8th August 2022 and the last date to apply is 13th November 2022.
CLAT 2023 Exam Overview:
|Name of Exam||CLAT 2023|
|Full-Form||Common Law Admission Test|
|Conducted By||A consortium of National Law Universities (CNLU)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Category||Law Entrance Exams|
|Total seats||Around 2500 for UG and 720 for postgraduate (NLUs only)|
|Courses offered||BSW LLB, BA LLB, BBA LLB, B.Sc LLB, B.Com LLB & LLM|
|Official Website||http://www.clat.ac.in/ OR https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/|
|Contact Number||09446899010, 09446899050|
CLAT 2023 Exam Dates:
For more details about the CLAT 2023 Exam Dates & Schedule. Candidates can check here all details about the exam:
|The date for issuing the first admission notification||8th August 2022|
|The beginning of the availability of the online application||8th August 2022|
|Last date to submit the filled-in online application form||13th November 2022|
|Availability of the Admit Card||—-|
|CLAT Entrance Exam 2023||18th December 2022|
|Availability of the Answer Key||—-|
|Result date declaration||—-|
|Date for Merit List||—-|
|Starting with the Counselling||—-|
CLAT 2023 Application Form:
The CLAT 2023 Application Form is provided online mode from the official portal. The application is provided in the first week of January 2023. Make sure to scan the documents such as the photograph, SC/ST/SAP certificate (if applicable), signature, and domicile certificate (if applicable) before filling out the application form. Also, submit the form on time otherwise it will be considered non-applicable. Thus, the last date will be March 2023 (tentative). Ensure for sending the application form via offline mode as online is the valid mode to send the form. There is no need to send the application form through an offline process.
Candidates, who belong to the category such as UR/OBC/SAP need to submit Rs.4,000 as an application form fee while it is Rs. 3,500 for those who belong to SC/ST category. Pay the amount for the application form via challan or online mode. There may be additional charges for the transitions. The fee won’t be refunded.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Steps to Apply for CLAT Application Form:
- Go to the official website of CLAT.
- Then click on the ‘new registration’ link.
- Register yourself by providing basic details i.e. name, mobile number mail ID, etc.
- The login credentials will be sent to your registered mobile number or mail.
- Now log in using your login credentials i.e. mobile number and password.
- Then select the course for which you are applying i.e. UG or PG.
- Now fill out the Application Form with details such as education, personal, and other details.
- Upload documents i.e. photograph, signature, and other required certificates.
- Now click on the ‘next button.
- Click on the ‘make payment’ and submit the application form.
- Check all details and verify them.
- Now click on the ‘submit button.
- Take the printout of the completely filled-in application form.
CLAT 2023 Application Form: Click here
For UG Programmes:
- Those who are looking to apply for UG programmes need to have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 45% marks if belong to the Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories or at least need to have attained 40% belonging to the SC/ST category.
- Those who are appearing for the 10+2 or equivalent exam can also apply for the examination.
- Also, ensure that candidates show the passing qualifying application at the time of admission procedure
- Age limit is not a criterion to worry about.
For PG Programmes:
- Those who have passed with the LL.B. or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks in the categories such as Unreserved/OBC/SAP can fill out the application form and 50% marks are for those belonging to the categories like SC and ST
- Those who are applying for the examination can also apply for CLAT
- Candidates are required to show proof of the qualifying examination during the time of admission.
- Age limit is not the criteria to worry about.
CLAT 2023 is a purely computer-based examination. Thus, it is done via online mode which is done in the English medium. There will be different exam patterns for PG and UG-based examinations.
The examination at the UG level will be 200 marks overall. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given and there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer. The exam duration is 2 hours.
Marks Criteria for UG programme:
- English Comprehension for 40 Marks
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs for 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics including Numerical Ability for 20 Marks
- Legal Aptitude for 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning for 40 Marks
For PG programmes:
The examination at the PG level will be 150 marks overall. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given and there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
Marks Criteria for the PG programme:
- Constitutional Law for 50 Marks
- Jurisprudence for 50 Marks
- Other Subjects like Contract, Torts, International Law, Criminal Law, IPR, etc. for 50 Marks
CLAT Syllabus includes 6 sections – English (including comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
|English (including Comprehension)||Antonyms, Synonyms, Analogies, Word Rearrangement, Cloze Test, Spotting Errors, Spelling Errors, Reading Comprehension, Idioms & Phrases, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Improvement, One Word Substitution, Fill in the blanks|
|Numerical Ability (Elementary Maths)||Percentage, Partnerships, Discounts, Areas, and Volumes, Simplification & Approximation, Averages, Ratio, HCF & LCM, Surds & Indices, Proportion, Interest, Fractions & Decimals, Square Roots, Number Systems, Profit & Loss|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Static GK, current happenings, Books, Authors Science & Technology, Persons and Places, Sports, Economics|
|Logical Reasoning||Distance and Direction, Coding-Decoding, Ranking, Syllogism, Series, Number Test, analogy, Statement & Assumption/ Argument/ Conclusion/ Course of action, Time & Sequence, Blood Relations, Alphabet Test, Classification|
|Legal Aptitude||Important Supreme Court Judgments; The Important and recent acts and amendments of the legislature; Important topics from Contract law, Criminal law, tort law, and Constitutional law; Legal GK and current affairs; International treaties and conventions affecting national legal framework, etc.|
Download the admit card using the online mode from the official website. There will be the availability of the admit card from April month during the third week. There will not be the availability of the admit card via any of the modes such as e-mail or post. Make sure for carrying the admit card along with you during the time of examination as it is the mandatory document for the candidates. Also, avail with the documents such as Aadhar card/ Passport/ voter id/ Driving license.
The outcome of CLAT 2023 will be announced in the third week of May 2023. The result needs to be acquired through the official portal. Post announcement of the result, the merit list will have appeared soon in the first week of June 2023.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here