Defense Entrance Exams After 12th: The most respected field after class XII is another than Defense. Students after completing class XII look for safe career options and Job in Defense is one such field. It is a great career option that helps students to gain admission in Defense. To become part of elite forces is a dream to serve the country. Lakhs of students appear in the defense examination every year and only a few of them are selected through an entrance examination. If you are interested in pursuing jobs in Defense then given below information will prove helpful to you:
List of Defence Exams After 12th Class Students:
Find below the list of Defence Entrance Exam After 12th Class Students:
NDA & NA Exam:
- The National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (NDA & NA) examination is commenced by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) two times a year.
- This exam has two stages – an offline test and SSB Interview.
- After passing these two phases, join the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, to complete a 3-year course.
- After the completion of the course, cadets will proceed to the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun; cadets of the Air Force to Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad; cadets of the navy to the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
Admission Open 2023:
- IIAD Admission 2023 – Apply Now
Scheme of NDA Entrance Exam:
Check the details about the written exam, marks distribution, and time allotment to each subject:
- Mathematics (01) for two-and-a-half hours. The exam will be for 300 Marks.
- General Ability Test (02) for two-and-a-half hours. The exam will be for 600 Marks.
The paper consists of Objective Type Questions only. The question papers for Mathematics and General Ability Test will be in two languages – Hindi and English.
Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme:
Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The interested unmarried male candidate can apply for the Indian Navy BTech Cadet Entry Scheme. The Indian Naval Academy or INA is a 4-year degree course and selection is done via JEE Main Scores – All India Rank. The shortlisted applicants will be intimated about selection for an Interview via email or text message. The SSB Interview will be commenced in two stages – Stage I includes the Intelligence test, Picture Perception test, and Group Discussion. Stage II test consisted of Psychological testing, Group testing, and 4 days interview. All the successful applicants will move for the medical Examination which will continue for 3 to 5 days.
Once the candidates are declared fit will move to Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala for training. The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained. An All India Merit list will also be prepared based on the SSB marks. The selected applicants will work as Cadets for the B. Tech Course of 4 years in Applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialization) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per requirements in Naval. On completion of the course, the B.Tech degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Indian Navy Sailors:
Sailors are recruited in the Indian Navy in different capacities such as:
- Matric Recruit (MR)
- Artificer Apprentices (AA)
- Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR)
- Non-Matric Recruit (NMR)
Eligibility criteria for Indian Navy Sailor– Candidates must have cleared class XII with at least 60% or more in aggregate with subjects such as Mathematics & Physics and one of the subjects from Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Entrance Examination for Indian Navy Sailor AA & SSR:
Check the details below:
- The selection is based on the performance in the entrance test. Besides this, the applicant should be physically fit in the medical test.
- The Objective Type question paper will appear in two languages – Hindi & English. The questions in the question paper are based on topics from English, General Knowledge, Science, and Mathematics.
- The paper consisted of the syllabus from 10+2. The sample papers are easily available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
(TES) Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme:
Check the details about eligibility and training:
- Those who have completed class 12th from PCM background can appear for the TES exam.
- Those who have completed class XII exam in Science stream with at least 70% Marks.
- The main subjects must be Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Only shortlisted candidates will appear for an interview.
The duration of training should be 5 years (1 Year OTA Gaya & 4 Years CTWS)
- Phase-I: 01 Year Pre-commissioning Training at OTA Gaya & 03 Years at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow/MCEME Secunderabad.
- Phase-II: 01 Year Post commission training at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow/MCEME Secunderabad.
Indian Air Force Airman in Group ‘Y’:
Indian Air Force commences the examination to recruit Airmen in Group Y (Non-Technical). The examination is commenced for those who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must have completed class XII
- The written examination will be an Objective Type paper commenced in two languages English and Hindi.
- The exam duration will be 45 minutes and based on the syllabus of class XII. The topics will be covered for Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- Adaptability Test-1: Those who have passed Written Test will undergo Adaptability Test-1 on the same or following day depending on the local weather conditions. This test will help in checking the suitability of the candidate for employment in IAF.
- Adaptability Test-2: After passing Adaptability Test-1, applicants will undergo Adaptability Test-2. This test will help to test the candidate’s adaptability to the environment of the Indian Air Force.
Conclusion: Choosing a career in defense forces is a matter of pride as one gets the chance to serve the motherland. It allows safeguarding the boundaries of the nation. Students should come forward to obtain this profession after class XII.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here