|Notification||Exam Date||Application Form||Eligibility||Pattern & Syllabus|
UCEED 2023: UCEED is a computer-based national-level designing entrance exam for undergraduates conducted by IIT Bombay. Undergraduates Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) was established in 1969 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and it works under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee. It is conducted once a year to admit eligible candidates in different Bachelor of Design (B.Des) courses mainly in various IIT colleges and many other colleges accepting UCEED scores. There is a total of 18 colleges in India that accept the score of the UCEED exam for the admission of students in the B Des course. Last year a total of 12,414 candidates appeared for the UCEED exam out of which only 2,930 candidates could qualify for the exam which eventually proves that the level of question paper is really quite high.
UCEED 2023 Notification:
- UCEED 2023 Application Form has been released on 30th September 2022 and the last date to apply is 21st October 2022.
UCEED 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||UCEED 2023|
|Full-Form||Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design|
|Exam Types||UG Level (Undergraduate)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Helpline||Tel: 91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094
|Email Id||[email protected]|
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
UCEED 2023 Exam Date
|Events||Dates of Exam|
|Application form available||30th September 2022|
|Last date to submit the Application form without a late fee||21st October 2022|
|Application form last date to submit with late fee||29th October 2022|
|Admit Card||13th January 2023|
|UCEED Exam Date 2023||22nd January 2023|
|Answer Key Release date||January 2023|
|Last date for sending comments about Draft Answer Key||January 2023|
|Result Date Announcement||March 2023|
|Application for B. Des programme||March 2023|
|1st round seat allotment||April 2023|
|2nd round seat allotment||May 2023|
|3rd round seat allotment||June 2023|
UCEED 2023 Application Form:
Interested candidates have to fill out the application form online through the official website http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/. UCEED 2023 exam application forms have been available from September with a regular fee till October.
All the applicants have to pay an application fee. The application fee for all the general and OBC category candidates is Rs.3000 and for SC/ST/PWD and the female candidate’s application fee is Rs.1500. If the candidate is unable to pay the registration fee within the given time limit then they will have to pay the application fee (as mentioned above) + late fee (Rs.500) till October.
The candidate has to pay the application fee online through credit card, debit card, or net banking. Candidates have to upload a scanned image of their full signature with a white background, qualifying examination certificate if appeared in 2023 or before, and date of birth proof such as a birth certificate or passport.
Steps to Apply for UCEED 2023:
- Visit the official website of UCEED.
- Then click on “Register” and fill in the personal details such as name, email ID, phone number, etc.
- Now you will receive mail & SMS on your registered ID and no.
- Click on the link given & login using login credentials.
- After that, fill all other asked & required details such as qualification details, address, etc.
- Upload passport size photograph, signature, and other documents.
- Verify the given details. After verification, proceed to submit the application fee.
- Once the fee will get submitted, click on the “submit” option.
- Now the confirmation page will appear on your computer screen.
- Take the printout of your confirmation page.
UCEED 2023 Application Form: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
UCEED 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Find below the UCEED 2023 Eligibility Criteria candidates also find here what qualifications need in this course:
- Candidates who had appeared in their 12th exam for the first time are not eligible for giving UCEED 2023.
- The Candidates who have completed their class 12th or equivalent examination or the candidates appearing for the class 12th exam in 2023 are eligible for giving UCEED entrance exam.
- Candidates from all the streams such as science, commerce, arts, and humanities are eligible for giving this exam.
- The maximum number of attempts for this exam is two times and that too in consecutive years.
- Candidates belonging to the general/open or OBC/NCL category should be born on or after 1st October 1995 whereas the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category should be born on or after 1st October 1990.
CEED 2023 Details: Click here
- The medium of the question paper will be English and the duration is 3 hours.
- The question paper is of a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper comprises 2 parts: Part A and Part B.
- Part A is 240 marks and Part B is 60 marks. Part A consists of 3 sections: In section 1 numerical answer questions (NAQ) are asked, in section 2 multiple select questions (MSQ) are asked and in section 3 again MSQ is asked.
- The total number of questions in sections 1 and 2 will be 18, for every correct answer candidate will score 4 marks and for every incorrect answer, 0.19 will be deducted from section 2 whereas for section 1 there will be no negative marking.
- The total number of questions in section 3 will be 32, for every correct answer 3 marks will be given, and for every incorrect answer, 0.71 will be deducted.
- Part B is a drawing section for which the question is shown on the screen and the candidate has to answer/draw on the answer booklet which will be collected by the examiners for evaluation.
- Part B will consist of only 1 question, in case of a correct answer candidate will get 60 marks and in case of a wrong answer, the candidate will get 0 marks.
Distribution of questions and marks for the UCEED Exam:
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total marks|
|N0. of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total marks|
|Total (Part A & Part B combined): 300 marks|
UCEED 2023 exam consists of questions in the paper that will be from various topics – Visualization and Spatial ability, Observation & Design sensitivity, Environmental and Social Awareness, Language and creativity, Analytical and logical reasoning, and Design thinking and problem-solving. The Syllabus details in brief for Part A and B for the topics mentioned below:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability: Diagrammatic questions & pictorial questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 3D objects and 2D shapes and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: The candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, situations, and thinking critically about them, people and events will be checked. Also through this section, the candidate’s ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties & aesthetic outcomes will be seen.
- Environmental and Social Awareness: Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible, sculpture, history of art and literature. General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, water, population, vegetation, etc.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning: The candidate’s ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information will be checked.
- Language and Creativity: Student’s ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to understand and use Standard English, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box, reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar will be seen in this section.
- Design thinking and problem: In this section, the ability to use metaphors, visual analogies, the ability to understand complexity, signs, and symbols, identify the problem, evaluate options and select solutions to generate alternatives will be checked, etc.
- Drawing: Ability to draw people, scenes, or products, in proportion with good line quality perspective composition, proportion, and shading.
UCEED Admit Card:
UCEED 2023 entrance exam will be held on January 2023. Candidates can download their UCEED 2023 admit card from January 2023. Candidates are strongly prohibited to use any electronic device in the examination hall such as smartphones, digital/ smartwatches, calculators, tablets. Materials such as the abacus, slide rule, logbooks, geometry box, or study material of any type are not allowed in the examination hall.
Note: Only the candidates from the science stream (PCM) are eligible to apply for admission to IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IITDM Jabalpur. Candidates from other fields like commerce or arts can apply only to IIT Bombay and IITDM Jabalpur.
Steps to Download UCEED 2023 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of UCEED 2023.
- On the homepage, a link for Admit will be available.
- Then a login page will be opened on the screen.
- Fill your “Email ID” & “Password”.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Take the printout of it and keep it safe till the admission process is over.
The Result for UCEED 2023 exam will be declared by IIT Bombay on March 2023. Candidates can check their results only through online mode. The authority will publish the merit list which will indicate the candidate’s rank obtained in the exam. Also, Candidates through the merit list will get to know their qualifying status.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here