CDS 2023: The Union Public Service Commission is mandated by the Indian Constitution to conduct nationwide Combined Defense Services (CDS) examinations to select eligible candidates for the Indian Military Academy, the National Defense Academy, the Air Force Academy, the Officers Training Academy, and the Naval Academy. The exam is given twice a year and is divided into CDS I and II. The notification for the examination will be released in the months of December and May, and the examinations will be conducted in April and September, respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Just read the below article, where we are giving the details on the CDS 2023 application form, exam dates, exam pattern, eligibility, etc.
CDS 2023 Notification:
- UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2023 Notification has been released on 21st December 2022 and the last date to apply is 12th January 2023.
CDS Exam 2023 Highlights:
|Exam Name||CDS – Combined Defence Services Exam|
|Conduct By||UPSC – Union Public Service Commission|
|Type of Exam||National Level Recruitment Test|
|CDS Exam Date||February & November|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required for IMA, INA, and AFA|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|CDS Helpdesk||011-23098543 /23381125 / / 23385271 / 23098591|
|UPSC Calendar 2023||Click here|
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
CDS 1 2023 & CDS 2 2023 Exam Date:
Find below the about the CDS 1 2023 Exam Date & CDS 2 2023 Exam Date, Candidates also check below the Application form submission date, Deadline to submit an application form, Admit card release date, etc:
|Events||Exam Date (CDS I)||Exam Date (CDS II)|
|CDS 1 & CDS 2 Notification Release||21st December 2022||17th May 2023|
|The deadline to submit the application||12th January 2023||6th June 2023|
|Issue date of CDS 1 & CDS 2 Admit Card||—-||—-|
|CDS 2023 Exam Date||16th April 2023||3rd September 2023|
|Result Date Announcement||—-||—-|
|Interview conducted on||—-||—-|
|CDS 1 2023 & CDS 2 2023 Final Result Published||—-||—-|
Number of Vacancies for CDS 1 & CDS 2 Exam:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, 156th (DE) Course commencing in January 2024 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]||100|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala—commencing in January 2024 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC
Special Entry ) holders ]
|Air Force Academy (AFA) —(Pre-Flying), Training Course commencing in January 2024||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 119th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April 2024||170|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 33rd SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April 2024||17|
CDS 2023 Application Form:
- The candidates require applying online for all the UPSC examinations including CDS I and CDS II.
- The online application forms portal reaches via the official website of the UPSC.
- It is active when the official notification of the examination provides.
- The application process is divided into 2 parts.
- Part I requires the candidate to furnish personal, educational, and residential details for registration purposes.
- A valid and correct phone number and email address must be provided for the same.
- The examination fee is Rs.200 (no fee for women and reserved category students), then paid via an online gateway provided, or via SBI challan generated from the website.
- The challan is to be submitted with cash at the SBI Cash counter the next day.
- Part II of the application filling procedure requires the candidate to scan the photograph and signature images and restrict the size according to the guidelines and upload them on the website.
- Before clicking the submit button the candidate is advised to, take the printout of the filled in the application form for future reference.
- The availability of admit cards is notified on the website accordingly.
CDS (I) 2023 Notification: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
AGARTALA, AHMEDABAD, AIZAWL, BENGALURU, BAREILLY, BHOPAL, CHANDIGARH, CHENNAI, CUTTACK, DEHRADUN, DELHI, DHARWAD, DISPUR, GANGTOK, HYDERABAD, IMPHAL, ITANAGAR, JAIPUR, JAMMU, JORHAT, KOCHI, KOHIMA, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MADURAI, MUMBAI, NAGPUR, PANAJI (GOA), PATNA, PORT BLAIR, PRAYAGRAJ (ALLAHABAD), RAIPUR, RANCHI, SAMBALPUR, SHILLONG, SHIMLA, SRINAGAR, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, TIRUPATI, UDAIPUR, AND VISAKHAPATNAM.
CDS 2023 Application Form: Click here
CDS 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- An Unmarried male who is born between January 1994 to January 1998 ( aged between 20 to 24 years as on January 2023) is eligible to apply for the CDS 2023 Examination for gaining entry into the Indian Air Force Academy.
- The Indian Military applies the age limit of 19 to 24 years as of January 2023.
- For the Officers, Training Academy, unmarried or widowed male/female candidates must not be older than 25 years and younger than 19 years of age, as of January 2023.
- For the CDS II examination, the candidate must be born between July 1997 to July 2002.
- The educational qualifications required for, candidates interested in the Indian Military and the Air Force is a degree (10+2) from any recognized university.
- For the Indian Navy, an engineering degree from a recognized university is sought.
- For age, relaxation norms refer to the notifications for the CDS I and II examinations.
- The examination of the candidates who chose the Officer’s Training Academy for recruitment tests the candidate in English and General Knowledge for maximum marks of 200.
- The mode of the exam will be Offline (Pen-Paper).
- The candidates aiming for admission into Indian Military, Navy, or the Air Force must prepare in English, Elementary Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
- The candidates allot two hours for each subject and a maximum of 100 marks is awarded in each subject.
- The question papers of General Knowledge and Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
- There is a Negative Marking of 1/3rd marks for wrong answers marked in the exam.
CDS Exam Pattern for IMA, INA & OTA:
|General Knowledge||120||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||100||2 hours|
Note: Candidates appearing for OTA need to attempt only General Knowledge & English Language Papers.
CDS Exam Pattern for Officer Training Academy (OTA):
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
CDS 2023 Admit Card Download:
The CDS-2 2023 Admit Card has been released on October 2023. Candidate must have to download & take print out the admit card from the official website. The Admit has the details related to the exam venue, exam date, candidate name, roll no, etc.
Steps to download the Admit Card:
- Go to UPSC Official Website – www.upsc.gov.in.
- You find here CDS Examination 2023 click this.
- You will see their login ID & Password. Enter both User ID & Password.
- There you will see E-Admit Card click this you will see on the screen Admit Card, Download it.
UPSC 2023 Related Exams:
- Civil Services Exam 2023 Application Form
- IES/ESE 2023 Application Form
- IFS Exam 2023 Application Form
- IES/ISS Exam 2023 Application Form
- CAPF Application Form
- UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist 2023
- NDA 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2023 Application Form
- CISF AC 2023 Application Form
CDS 2023 Result:
CDS 2023 Results will be announced on the official website. The authority also sends the mail to the candidate who qualifies for the exam. After the result candidate will be called for the SSB/Interview.
Steps to download the Result:
- Visit the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (www.upsc.gov.in)
- Then click on the “Results” link.
- Now check the link for “UPSC CDS I Result” and click on it.
- Enter the details such as Registration Number & Date of Birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Check your Result & download it.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here
38 thoughts on “CDS 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card & Result”
Hello sir… My DOB is 16/10/1999… Am i eligible for CDS2 2020 ?
Sir ..my DOB is 12th oct 1995…I gave CDS2 2019 but I m not eligible for SSB. Now I apply online form CDS 1 2020 .I can’t feel this form ..reason of age limit.. Why????
sir my birth year is 1995 am i eligible for cds 2 2020?
upsc ke cds notification mein age limit jan2 1996 se july2 2001 hai
ye update cds 2 ke liye bhi apply hota hai ?
Sir,My D.O.B is 19 sept 1995 and i am B.com graduate,can i aplly for CDS 2020 exam??
Sir meri d.o.b 12/7/2000 h.. Kya m cds1 m apply kr skti Hulu…….. Plzzzz btao
Hello sir, my dob is 11/07/1995
Am I eligible to apply for CDS 1 2020 ??
Hello sir meri DOB 24/08/1995 he kya me CDS 2020 ke liye eligible hu kya?
My dob is July 1999 can I attempted CDs 1 in 2020
Sir my DOB is 27-12-1995 …Kya Main CDS 1 2020 OTA ke liye eligible hun ?
Sir meri DOB-16 march 2001 h… Kya m eligible hu cds1 2020 Or in 2feb2020 exam… Please tell me
Sir meri date of birth 18/7/1995 hai… Kya m 2020 ota female k liye eligible hun?
Sir my date of birth is 7 october 2000.
Am i eligible for next cds paper which is held on february 2020
Sir ,I am sukanya das .I am graduate. sir my date of birth 20 march 1995. cds1 2020 ota i can apply.
Sir Mera DOB 18/12/1994 Hai Mein CDS 1 OTA 2020 Ke Liye Apply kar Sakta Hoon
Sir meri dod 16/9/ 1995 hai me cds 1 OTA 2020 ka from fill kr sakta hu kya
sir meri dob 15 January 1997 hai and me b.sc final year me hu , me ota ke liye dec.2019 me apply kr skti hu sir plzz guide me
Sir , is it mandatory to write both CDS I and CDS II exams , or any one of the two .
No only 1 paper can do
Their is no difference. The only difference is that your training will start in January (for CDS 1) and in july-august(for CDS 2) . CDS is the exam for defence forces conducted by UPSC twice a year hence CDS1 and CDS 2!
any one of them …bcuz upsc conducts it biannually
what is the eligibility criteria for ncc cadets in cds,ota?
Sir I’ll complete my B.E. in 2020 now I’m pursuing my degree so can I apply in CDS 2020 and my DOB is 2/3/1998, please reply