|Notification||Application Form||Exam Date||Eligibility||Pattern|
IES/ISS Exam 2023: Every year, the UPSC conducts the Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) exams. The IES and ISS are the administrative inter-ministerial civil services under Group A of the Central Civil Services of the executive branch of the Government of India. The application process has begun for the IES/ISS Exam 2023 in April 2023. Given below are the details for the IES 2023 examination, such as the application form, deadline to submit the registration, exam date, syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, admit card, and result.
IES/ISS Exam 2023 Notification:
- The last date to apply for the UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Application Form is May 9, 2023.
- UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Application Form was released on 19th April 2023.
IES/ISS 2023 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service (IES/ISS)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Recruitment of the Year||2023-23|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Minimum Eligibility||Post Graduation/Graduation|
|No. of vacancy||18(IES)/ 33(ISS)|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|UPSC Calendar 2023||Click here|
IES/ISS Exam 2023 Exam Date:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|UPSC IES 2023 Notification Date Released||19th April 2023|
|Registration Start||19th April 2023|
|Deadline to submit the Online Application Form||9th May 2023|
|Admit Card Released||—|
|UPSC IES 2023 Exam Date||23rd June 2023|
IES/ISS Exam 2023 Application Form:
- Candidates are required to fill the application form which is available from the official website.
- Check the instructions before you fill the application form.
- Once you are through with filling in the personal and other details, scan the recent photograph as well as your signature.
- Don’t forget to pay the application fee in any branch of SBI.
- Most importantly, take a printout of the application form and challan also for further reference.
- While filling the application form online, the candidate will automatically get the registration number and while filling the challan number and registration number, press enters to end the process.
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
- The application fee will be Rs 200/- for General/OBC candidates.
- SC/ST/PH /female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Mode of payment can be a credit card, debit card, or internet banking
- You can also make payment via offline mode using e-challan through any branch of SBI.
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Notification: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Exam Centre:
Candidates check the list of exam centers given in the table below.
IES/ISS Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Find below the IES 2023 Eligibility Criteria steps. Before applying candidates need to read out the below steps:
A candidate must be either a Citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, intending to permanently settle in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
For Indian Economic Service (IES):
The candidates must have completed Post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.
For Indian Statistical Service (ISS):
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects OR
- The candidates should hold a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.
The minimum age to attend the exam will be 21 years and the maximum age will be 30 years. Age Relaxation is given below as per the category of the candidate.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|Defense Services Personnel disabled
in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECO/SSCO||5 years|
The candidates will be selected through two stages of the Exam:
- Written Examination: 1000 marks
- Viva Voce (Interview): 200 marks of candidates who will be shortlisted by UPSC.
IES/ISS Exam 2023 Exam Pattern:
- UPSC IES ISS Written Exam will consist of 6 Papers.
- The questions papers in all the subjects will be of conventional (essay) type.
- The language of the paper will be English only.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.33 for the incorrect answer in the Objective Paper.
UPSC Indian Economic Service:
|1||General English||100||3 hrs|
|2||General Studies||100||3 hrs|
|3||General Economics-I||200||3 hrs|
|4||General Economics-II||200||3 hrs|
|5||General Economics-III||200||3 hrs|
|6||Indian Economics||200||3 hrs|
Indian Statistical Service
|1||General English||100||3 hrs|
|2||General Studies||100||3 hrs|
|3||Statistics-I (Objective)||200||2 hrs|
|4||Statistics-II (Objective)||200||2 hrs|
|5||Statistics-III (Descriptive)||200||3 hrs|
|6||Statistics-IV (Descriptive)||200||3 hrs|
The second stage of the exam will be the Interview or Viva Voce. The candidates who will clear the written test as per the cut-off set by the commission will be called for the Viva-voce.
IES Exam 2023 Syllabus:
UPSC ISS Syllabus 2023:
IES/ISS Exam 2023 Admit Card:
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Admit Card will release in September 2023. Download the admit card from the official website. The Admit Card will not send by post. Candidates can download the Admit Card by RID (Registration ID) and date of birth or roll number and date of birth or name, father’s name, and date of birth.
Steps to Download UPSC IES/ISS Admit Card 2023:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e, www.upsc.gov.in
- Then on the homepage under ‘What’s New’ the Admit Card link will be available.
- Now click on the link ‘e – Admit Card: Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2023’ or ‘e – Admit Card: Indian Economic Service Examination, 2023’
- Click on ‘click here’ to download the e-Admit Card.
- Read the important instructions and click on ‘Yes’
- Then Enter Registration ID or Roll Number and Date of Birth & click on ‘Login’
- UPSC IES Prelims Admit Card and UPSC ISS Admit Card will appear on your screen.
- Download & take a print-out of the admit card.
UPSC 2023 Related Exams:
- Civil Services Exam 2023
- IES/ESE 2023 Application Form
- IFS Exam 2023 Application Form
- CDS 2023 Application Form
- UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2023
- NDA 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2023 Application Form
- CISF AC 2023 Application Form
UPSC ISS 2023 Answer Key will be released online at the UPSC official website. To download UPSC ISS 2023 Answer, candidates have to visit the website and just download the answer key given in PDF format.
IES/ISS Exam 2023 Result:
- The exam result will be declared through the website upsc.gov.in.
- Kindly enter your roll number to check the result.
- Upload the PDF file of the result on the official website by the UPSC.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here
32 thoughts on “IES/ISS Exam 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus”
I have done my MSc in Electronics and communication systems, am I eligible for applying IES 2020.
I completed my btech in electronics and communication engineering this year but I have a backlog. Can I apply for the exam?
I will be married in November 2019. But exam date is in Jan 2020.
What should I mention in Martial status on the form?
Form would be filled in taking mind the date of form filling or the date of examination?
I am electronics engineering if possible to do the ISE examination
Final year student can apply for IES? My son is appearing the 4th year B.Tech in March or April 2020.
Please do advice can he apply
Can I apply ese exam form in btech 4th year
Dear sir,can I fillup the ese exam in b_tech 4th year for 2020
my DOB is 12-05-1992 and i belongs to general category..
how many times i will write the exam.. with my age
please reply me..
The exam is not on 5th Feb, it’s on 5th Jan.
Check on upsc side properly and stop misleading students.
Exam on 5th Feb or 5th Jan?..plz clarify coz other websites say 5th jan
i need good books
i have done B.E in computer science is it possible to apply
persuing iam b.tech final year semister 1 so can i apply ESE exam
If final year student can apply ESE exam?
Yes, you are eligible for this exam.but try to fill first do not late
yes,all the students which are in 7th sem or above are elligible for ese 2020.But their is a age limit in minimum or maximum age criteria.For appearing, U have to atleast more than 21 years at the time of form fillup.Check websites of upsc.gov.in for further details.Thank you
Can the students of computer science branch apply and write the exams and if yes what are the roles given to computer science stream??
my dob 1982 june Sc reserved & govt employee iam eligible or not
Hello sir my age will be 20 years as 27 July can i eligible for this recruitment
Agril engineering wale exam de skte hai Kya…?
My dob is 29th oct 1987.
Can I apply for ESE 2018 as I am from general category.
Can a final year engineering student can write upsc exam?
Yes, u can. at the time of your selection process u have to show the certificate.
yes you can