|Notification||Exam Date||Application Form||Eligibility||Pattern & Syllabus|
IAS 2023: The Union Public Service Commission conducts civil service examinations for various positions like Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), etc. It is a very tough exam, in which a large number of aspirants appear for just preliminary exams every year. It is not easy to crack this exam. IAS is one of the toughest and most important administrative jobs. The IAS is the All India Services administrative arm. They serve the government of India as well as the individual states. The exam is divided into three parts: preliminary, main, and interview. The candidate who successfully passes the pre-exams gives the main exam, and after passing the main exam, he or she is also selected for the interview process. Find below more information about the UPSC IAS 2023-24 Exam, Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Admit Card, etc.
UPSC Notification 2023:
- UPSC IAS Exam 2023 Application Form has been released on 1st February 2023 and the last date to apply is 21st February 2023. Click here to apply.
UPSC IAS 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Civil Services Examination 2023|
|Level of the Exam||National Level Exam|
|Conducting Body||UPSC – Union Public Service Commission|
|Periodicity of Exam||Yearly|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Mode of Exam||Online & Offline (Pen-Paper Mode)|
UPSC Exam Date 2023:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
Find below the IAS Exam Date 2023, candidates can check here the IAS 2023 Notification Date, Application Form Submission Date, Deadline to submit an application form, etc: Click Here – UPSC Recruitment 2023
|UPSC Official Notification Announced||1st February 2023|
|Date of Application Forms Availability||1st February 2023|
|Application Form Submit Last date||21st February 2023|
|Change Exam Center||March 2023|
|Admit Card for Preliminary Examinations||May 2023|
|UPSC 2023 Exam Date (Preliminary)||28th May 2023|
|Result Announced (Prelims)||June 2023|
|UPSC Main Exam Admit card Available||August 2023|
|UPSC 2023 Exam Date (Main)||15th September 2023|
|UPSC main examination Result date announced||March 2024|
IAS 2023 Application Form:
Candidates who are interested in UPSC IAS can apply for it by filling out the application form. The guidelines to fill out the form are given below:
- Open the official website of UPSC: https://www.upsc.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on “Examination Section”
- Then Click on “Active Examinations”
- Click on notifications and read carefully
- After that fill out the application form with all verified details.
- Upload the scanned documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit your application form.
- Take out the printout of the application form.
IAS 2023 Notification: Click here
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
The application fees can be submitted online mode by debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
- General/ EWS/OBC:- Rs.100/- for the preliminary Exam and Rs.200/- for Mains Exam.
- SC/ST/PH//female:- No Fees
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
IAS 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling out the IAS 2023 Application form the candidate must read all the details regarding the IAS Eligibility Criteria of the candidate. The candidate fulfilling the criteria must only apply for the examination.
Nationality UPSC Exam:
The candidate should be a citizen of India. Citizens of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibetan refugees who came before 1st Jan 1962 can also apply for the exam. Also, candidates of Indian origin who have migrated from counties like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam and Myanmar, etc can apply.
Click Here: UPSC Calendar 2023-24
The candidate should have completed 21 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years. Age relaxation would be provided to the candidates of reserved categories.
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Defense service personnel: 3 years.
- Ex-servicemen including commissioned officers ECOs/SSCOs: 5 years
- The candidate should have done graduation from any recognized university.
- A candidate who has done professional and technical courses should also be from a recognized university.
- The candidate who is in the final year of graduation can also apply for the examination.
No of Attempts:
- General: 6
- SC/ST: no limit
- OBC: 9
IAS 2023 Exam Pattern: Click Here
The examination would be held in three stages – preliminary, main, and interview. The pre-exam is completely objective-based and the main exams are descriptive-based.
Civil Services Preliminary Exam:
In Preliminary the candidate has to give two exams. Both exams are objective-based. The candidate would be given four options in which he has to select the correct answer. The first exams are for general study and the second for CSAT, which is also known as the civil service aptitude test. Both the exams are 200 marks each and are 2 hours each. The candidate needs to qualify for both exams to appear for the main examination. There is also a negative marking for each wrong answer. So the candidate needs to be aware of the answer given.
|I (General Studies)||60 Minutes||100||200|
|II (Aptitude/CSAT)||60 Minutes||80||200|
The candidate who clears pre-exams can give the main exam. The main exam is descriptive, unlike pre. The candidate in these needs to choose any one modern language and Hindi. After that, there would be an exam related to history, geography, politics, etc. the candidates are given the choice of two subjects they want to choose. Most of the candidates choose that subject that will help them to score well. The total paper is 1750 marks, the marks of the modern language and Hindi would not be counted but the candidate needs to qualify them also.
Click Here – UPSC CSE 2023
|A (Qualifying)||From the list one of the Indian Language candidates choose||300|
|B (Qualifying)||English Language||300|
|I||General Studies-I (Geography of the world, Indian Culture, History)||250|
|II||General Studies-II (International Relations, Polity, Governance, Constitution, Social justice)||250|
|III||General Studies-II (Polity, International Relations, Constitution, Governance, Social justice)||250|
|IV||General Studies-III (Biodiversity, Technology, Environment, Security, Disaster Management, Economic Development)||250|
|V||General Studies-IV (Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)||250|
|VI, VII||Both papers will be optional subjects (each will be 250 marks)||500|
UPSC Syllabus 2023:
The UPSC Prelims Exams consist of two papers first consists of questions regarding general awareness like national international, history polity, geography, governance, etc is asked. Paper 2 consists of questions related to the candidate’s general decision-making and mental ability. In this comprehension, logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation are asked. In main Exams, the general questions are asked in the descriptive form. Find below more details about the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 Syllabus:
|Click Here – Best Books for IAS Preparation|
UPSC 2023 Syllabus Divided Into Three Parts Find Below all Parts in Brief:
- UPSC Syllabus 2023 for Preliminary Examination
- Civil Services Mains Exam Syllabus 2023
- GS (General Studies) Paper I Syllabus (Mains)
- (Mains) – GS Paper II Syllabus
- GS Paper III
- General Studies Paper IV
- UPSC Syllabus 2023 for Interview.
UPSC Syllabus 2023 for Preliminary Exam:
The UPSC Syllabus 2023 for Preliminary Exam comprises two papers and both papers are compulsory for candidates. Both papers will be 200 marks, the exam duration will be two hours. Both papers will be objective, there will be two sets Hindi & English.
These papers know as General Studies-1 and General Studies-2. General Studies-2 is a qualifying paper this paper is also known as CSAT and candidates must be obtained at least 33% marks.
IAS Syllabus 2023 for Prelims General Studies Paper 1:
- Current Affairs: In this section of the exam, candidates must be aware of National & International current events.
- History: It comprises India’s history and the Indian National Movement.
- Geography [India & world]: It consists of Social, Physical & Economic Geography.
- Environment: It consists of Biodiversity and General Issues on Climatic Change, Environmental Ecology, and General Science.
- Indian Polity and Governance: It includes the Constitution of India, the Political System of India, the Panchayati Raj, etc.
- Economics: Include in this Section Social Sector Initiatives, Inclusion, Demographics Poverty, Sustainable Development, etc
- General Science: General Studies-1 exam duration will be two hours and the total number of marks will be 200.
General Studies Paper 2 (CSAT) Syllabus: Below topics will include the UPSC Prelims General Studies Paper 2 Syllabus
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- General mental ability
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Data Interpretation.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- UPSC CSAT Exam duration will be two hours and the total number of marks will be 200.
Click Here – UPSC Civil Services Exam Preparation Tips
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Syllabus:
Your score will be decided in Mains Exam and Interview. UPSC Civil Service Mains exam will be 1750 marks and the Interview hold 275 marks. Aspirants attend a total of nine papers in the UPSC Mains exam and seven papers will be counted for the final round of raking. The two papers will be language papers that are candidates secure for minimum marks which is every year prescribed by the UPSC. However, those candidates the residence of northeasters state the exam is an exception. These candidates attempt only the English Language exam.
Paper –A (Indian Language) :
According to the eighth schedule of the Indian constitution, candidates can select any Indian Language. Candidates from the states of Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya & Nagaland are not compulsory for this paper. This exam will be a total number of Marks of 300.
Paper-B: English language:
|Paper 2||GS 1-Syllabus: History, Culture & Indian Heritage, Geography of world||250|
|Paper 3||CSAT-Syllabus: Governance, Polity, Constitution, International Relations
& Social Justice.
|Paper 4||GS 3-Syllabus: Technology, Economic Development, Disaster management and
security, Environment & biodiversity
|Paper 5||GS 4-Syllabus: Integrity, Ethics Aptitude||250|
|Paper 6||Optional subject 1||250|
|Paper 7||Optional subject 2||250|
After qualifying for the UPSC Mains, the next stage is the UPSC Interview 2023. In this phase, the most important thing is your personality. The interviewer checks for your communication skills, expression, intellect, and your way of responding. For more about UPSC Interview 2023 aspirants can check the official website of UPSC:
IAS 2023 Admit Card:
IAS 2023 Prelims Admit Card has been announced on September 2023 and Main Exam Admit Card has been released on December 2023. Find below the UPSC Admit Card details. Here we are giving some steps to read it and also check how you get an, Admit Card:
- The UPSC Admit Card for pre and mains will be released separately.
- The admit card won’t be sent to the candidate through the post. The candidate has to download it from the official site.
- The candidates are requested to kindly read the guidelines before downloading the admit card.
- The admit card can be downloaded using the application number and password/date of birth.
- The candidate without admit card will not be allowed to attend the exam.
- Carry your ID proof along with you.
Steps to Download the IAS 2023 Admit card:
- Go to the official website of UPSC.
- On the homepage click on the e-admit card link for the UPSC exam.
- Then click on download.
- After that, a new window open & Enter the registration number /roll number and date of birth.
- UPSC Prelims Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and print a copy of the UPSC IAS admit card:
IAS 2023 Result:
The result will be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase. The UPSC Prelims Result will declare on October 2023.
Steps to check the IAS 2023 result:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e, https://www.upsc.gov.in/
- On the homepage, the link will available.
- A new page will open and click on UPSC Prelims Result 2023.
- The result will open in pdf form.
- Check the Result and download Pdf.
The candidate who has passed all three phases will be called for the training process and that candidate’s future would be shining after that and will be ready to serve the country as an officer.
UPSC 2023 Related Exams:
- IES/ISS 2023 Application Form
- IFS Exam 2023 Application Form
- CDS 2023 Application Form
- UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2023
- NDA 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2023 Application Form
- CISF AC 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Application Form
How to Prepare for the UPSC Exam:
To qualify for the exam the candidate needs to do lots of hard work. The candidates can prepare well by practicing the previous year’s question papers. By practicing previous year’s papers the candidate can easily get an idea of the type of questions asked in exams and also many times the questions are repeated. So practicing the previous year’s paper can be helpful. try solving as many as sample papers it is the best way for this process.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here
40 thoughts on “IAS 2023 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus & Admit Card”
I am completed my graduation in nursing . I want to do for preparation of IAS PRE. Plz suggest me what kind of subject I need to be read ..
Thanjs for informing us about civil service preparation for 2020 if any new notification have you plan mail me sir.
sir my age 36. eligibility upsc exam. please
Plz mail me Revised syllabus of upsc 2020/21
Plz mail me
List of optional subjects for 2020/21
Hello, mechanical engineer upsc ka preparation kre to use mechanical ka subject read krna hoga ya fr general studies ka geography history polity economic….. Or kya mechanical engineer geography history economics polity…. Ka preparation kr ke exam de sakta h upsc ka reply please
sir will you please check out the revised syllubus of upsc for 2020
its bit different as you mentined here
Can you please give us complete details about optional paper 1 and 2 and please mention the website address of UPSC and procedure to apply for examination.
इस सुझाव के लिए और अपने यहां निर्देश जारी करने के लिए हम आपका को ध्यानवाद करते हैं /
Sir i am a GNM Student..2019 pass out… Can I attend this exam ?
Be prepared as mentioned best of luck !
Thanks a lot for this information…but I have one question. I am a mechanical engineering student… some people say if I Opt for me engineering paper during main exam it is too hard to solve the questions of engineering. and they suggest to opt for any general paper.
So, my dears please suggest me what should I opt.
Can You Say Me Approximately How Much Gap Between Pre And Mains Exam For 2020
A request to the advertiser from my side please upload a flow chart of the whole syllabus which Can be easily understand by freshers.
Becoming an IAS officer was my dream.. I will do my best , and really thanks for giving this much of instruction.
Thanks a lot.
After reading all this .I feel that it’s not easy,but I will give my 200% to IAS …… it’s my dream and my parents dream too..I prepare for this.And tq for giving me this much of instructions
Best of luck Mam. Keep trying your best you will definitely achieve your goal. Thank you for your appreciation
yes i well join to ips plz call me 90******03
MY PASSION TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER. CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME IDEAS TO CLEAR PRELIMS, MAINS IN 1ST ATTEMPT.
I WANT TO PASSED UPSC EXAM IN 2020.
Bro you will never ever qualify for mains
because of ur so much depth knowledge in english grammer
Even you brother coz its because of ur depth not what youve typed everyone is talented have a good day
Definately you can dear.lets give our best to upsc.best of luck.
I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SYLLABUS FOR BOTH MAINS AND PRELIMS. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT. I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BEST INSTITUTES AND ALSO BEST TEACHERS TO TAUGHT ABOUT QUANTITATIVE AND REASONING ETC. MOREOVER I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT PREPARATION SCHEDULE EVERYTHING LIKE EXAM DATES AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.