|Notification||Exam Date||Application Form||Eligibility||Pattern & Syllabus|
UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist 2023: Those who are eager to apply for Combined GEO-Scientist 2023 will now be able to fetch immense information. If you are also applying for the examination, then it is important to collect all the required details before you apply. Find below the Combined GEO-Scientist Examination Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc:
UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist 2023 Notification:
- UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist 2023 Application Form has been 21st September 2022 and the last date to apply is 11th October 2022.
- UPSC GEO-SCIENTIST Exam Date 2023 (Prelims) will be 19th February 2023 & Mains Exam will be 24th June 2023.
Combined GEO-Scientist 2023 Highlights:
|Name of the Exam||Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2023|
|conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist Exam Date 2023:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Application form Available||21st September 2022|
|Deadline to submit an online Application form||11th October 2022|
|Online Applications From Withdrawal Date||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release||To be announced|
|UPSC GEO-SCIENTIST Exam Date 2023 (Prelims)||19th February 2023|
|Result Date||March 2023|
|Mains Admit Card||April 2023|
|UPSC GEO-SCIENTIST Exam Date 2023 (Mains)||24th June 2023|
|Interview Dates||To be announced|
|Final Result||To be announced|
UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist 2023 Application Form:
The Application Form for the Combined Geo-Scientist 2023 will available from September. Candidates can apply for the application through online mode.
- Go to the official website www.upsc.gov to collect the application form.
- After visiting the website, go to the “What’s New” section available on the homepage.
- Then press the link comprises of Combined GEO-Scientist Examination Notification.
- Select the option ‘Press here’ and fill in the important details mentioned in the Part 1 registration.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph along with a digital signature within the space mentioned in the form.
- Press the “Continue” button and fill in the details will automatically get saved.
- Fill out the part 2 Registration form.
- Fill in the details which are important to appear in the exam.
- Press “Submit”
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
The Application Fee for all the candidates will be Rs.200/- and for Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of a fee. The Mode of the Application Payment will be credit card, debit card, or internet banking or the fees can also be paid by cash using a bank challan.
UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist 2023 Notification: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
The Preliminary Examination will be held at the following Centers:
The Main Examination will be held in the following Centres :
- Dispur (Guwahati)
Find below the Combined GEO-Scientist Examination 2023 Eligibility:
- The Candidate must be a citizen of India or else a refugee from Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibet who arrived in India before 1-1-1962. The candidate must be originated from Indian and migrated from East African countries, Pakistan, Burma, or Sri Lanka.
- Candidate must have completed post-graduation from some recognized University or institution.
- Age criteria are considered according to the norms of UPSC.
The number of vacancies for the various posts is given below:
|Category-I : (Posts in the Geological
Survey of India, Ministry of Mines).
|Group A||Geologist, Group A: 216
Geophysicist, Group A: 21
Chemist. Group A: 19
|Category-II: (Posts in the Central
Ground Water Board,
Ministry of Water Resources)
|Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’||26|
|Scientist ‘B’(Chemical ) Group ‘A’||01|
|Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’||02|
The Selection process for the UPSC Combined Geo-scientist 2023 will be conducted in 3 stages:
- Stage-I: The first stage will be the Preliminary Examination which will be conducted by Online mode (Computer Based Objective Type Papers).
- Stage-II: The second stage will be the Main Examination which will consist of Conventional Type Papers.
- Stage-III: The Final stage will be the Personality Test/Interview.
Candidates can check the details of the UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist Examination 2023 Exam Pattern. Before preparing for this exam just read the below exam Pattern:
- Stage 1: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination (Computer Based Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for Stage II. The Prelims exam will be 400 Marks.
- Stage 2: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type Papers); and it will be 600 Marks.
- Stage 3: The 3rd stage will be the Personality Test & which will be 200 Marks
Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- The Preliminary exam is conducted by online mode i.e, (Computer Based Test).
- The prelims exam consists of MCQ types of questions.
- There will be negative markings in the exam
Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination:-
|Stream-I: Scientist B (Hydrogeology)||Paper-I: General Studies||100||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: Geology/Hydrogeology||300||2 Hours|
|Stream-II: Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics)||Paper-I: General Studies||100||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: Geophysics||300||2 Hours|
|Stream-III: Chemist and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical)||Paper-I: General Studies||100||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: Chemistry||300||2 Hours|
Main Exam Pattern:
Below candidates can see the details of the written exam schedule for the Geophysicist, Junior Hydro-geology (Scientist ‘B’), and Geologist and Chemist Group ‘A’ in GSI, Group ‘A’ for Central Ground Water Board.
|Stream-I: Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology)||Paper I: Geology||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper-II: Geology||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper III: Hydrogeology||200||180 Minutes|
|Stream-II: Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics)||Paper I: Geophysics||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper-II: Geophysics||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper III: Geophysics||200||180 Minutes|
|Stream-III: Chemist & Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical)||Paper I: Chemistry||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper-II: Chemistry||200||180 Minutes|
|Paper III: Chemistry||200||180 Minutes|
Combined GEO-Scientist Examination 2023 Syllabus:
The syllabus of the Combined GEO-Scientist Exam 2023 is as follows:
- Geology/Hydrogeology Geology/Hydrogeology: Economic Geology, Physical Geology, Mineralogy, Metamorphic Petrology, Paleontology, Structural Geology, Igneous Petrology, Sedimentology, Stratigraphy, Hydrogeology.
- Geophysics: Mathematical Methods in Geophysics, Nuclear Physics, and Radiometry, Electromagnetism, Solid Earth Geophysics, Geophysical Prospecting, Remote Sensing, and Thermodynamics, etc.
- General Studies: History of India and Indian National Movement, Economic and Social Development, Indian and World Geography, Indian Polity and Governance, Current affairs of national and international importance, General issues on Environmental Ecology and General Science.
- Chemistry: Chemical thermodynamics and chemical equilibrium, Kinetic theory and the gaseous state, Chemical bonding and structure, Chemical periodicity, Acids and bases, Theoretical basis of quantitative inorganic analysis, Solutions of non-electrolytes, Electrochemistry, etc.
The admit card of the candidates will be released three weeks before the exam date. Go to the official website of UPSC to collect the admit card. The card consisted of various details and to get the admit card, the candidate must enter RID, date of birth, etc.
UPSC 2023 Related Exams:
- IES/ISS 2023 Application Form
- IFS Exam 2023 Application Form
- CDS 2023 Application Form
- UPSC IAS 2023
- NDA 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2023 Application Form
- CISF AC 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Application Form
The Result will be published on the official website of UPSC. Those who are shortlisted on the merit list will further fill in the DAF (Detailed Request Form) and submit it. The DAF printout and the certified copies of the papers will then be forwarded to the office of the UPSC.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here