TIFR GS 2023: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research sends an application for admission to the TIFR Graduate School. TIFR aims at providing research opportunities for talented students. TIFR carries out a graduate program that leads to providing an award of Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-PhD and M.Sc. degree in several subjects. TIFS GS is a graduate program in Chemistry, Computer, Mathematics, Physics, System sciences, and Science Education through TIFR GS 2023. This is basically a national level examination for Biology which is also known as Joint Graduate Entrance Exam for subjects like Biology and interdisciplinary life sciences. The exam related details are mentioned below:
TIFR GS 2023 Notification:
- TIFR GS 2023 Application form will release on 8th October 2022.
TIFR GS 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Examination||Graduate School Admissions – Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Board||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|For Admissions Into||Ph.D. Programs|
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
TIFR GS 2023 Exam Date:
Ph.D. and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes:
|Starting of the Application Process||8th October 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||31st October 2022|
|Online Payment Ends on||February 2023|
|Admit Card||February 2023|
|TIFR GS 2023 Entrance Exam||11th December 2022 (Sunday)|
|Entrance Exam Results||—|
TIFR GS 2023 Application Form:
Candidates can find below the about how to submit the application form for TIFR GS 2023
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Steps to fill the Application Form:
- Visit the official website of TIFR GS.
- Choose the Notifications to link on the official website.
- Then register by clicking on the Admissions Link available on the Homepage of the Website.
- Fill out the online application form with all the necessary details required.
- Fill in all the details such as Name, Date of Birth, and other details correctly.
- Upload signature, thumb impression, photographs, and other documents online with the mentioned Quality, Size.
- Make a payment of the application fee.
- Go through the Application Form and submit it.
- The application fee for male candidates will be Rs.1200/- and the female candidates will Rs.600/-
- Candidates can make payments via online modes such as internet banking, Debit/Credit card/UPI, or other modes as available on our payment gateway.
- To apply for Mathematics Integrated Ph.D., the candidate must have done BA/ BSc/ BE/ BTech.
- For Ph.D. : M.A./M.Sc./M.Math./M.Stat./M.E./M.Tech.
- To apply for Physics, Integrated Ph.D., the candidate must have done ME/ MTech/ BSc/ BS/ BE/ BTech/ BChem in Physics, Engineering Physics, or some other equivalent degree, on the completion of the course duration is not less than 3 years.
- For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
- To apply for a Chemistry integrated Ph.D., the candidate must have done BSc/ BPharm/ BS or equivalent degree
- For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.Pharm. or equivalent degree.
- To apply for Biology Integrated Ph.D./ MSc, the candidate must have done Bachelors in Basic Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ any branch of Biology) and Any four-year degree program that awards a Bachelor’s degree including BTech, BE, BVSc, BPharma (4-year course)
- For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) or any professional Master’s Degree (M.Pharma./M.Tech.), or a > 4-year degree program (e.g. MBBS, BDS). Students holding an M.Sc. degree in a non-Biology-allied discipline such as Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science, and who wish to obtain an M.Sc. in Biology, will be offered the option of enrolling in the I-Ph.D. programme at the time of joining.
- Mathematics, Ph.D. for 5 Years and Integrated MSc-PhD for 6 Years
- Physics, Ph.D. for 5 Years and Integrated MSc-PhD for 6 Years
- Chemistry, Ph.D. for 5 Years and Integrated MSc-PhD for 6 Years
- Computer & Systems Sciences, Ph.D. for 5 Years
- Science Education, Ph.D. for 5 Years
- Biology, Ph.D. for 5 Years
- Integrated MSc-PhD for 6 Years
- MSc for 3 Years
- Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Guwahati, Assam
- Patna, Bihar
- Bhillai, Chattisgarh
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu, J&K
- Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Mangalore, Karnataka
- Cochin, Kerala
- Kozhikode, Kerala
- Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Pune, Maharashtra
- Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Chandigarh, Punjab
- Jalandhar, Punjab
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Hyderabad, Telangana
- Agartala, Tripura
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Haldwani, Uttarakhand
- Burdwan, West Bengal
- Kharagpur, West Bengal
- Kolkata, West Bengal
- There will be Objective type MCQ questions in the exam.
- For every correct answer, 3 marks will be given.
- For the Numerical and Symbolic sections, 5 marks are given for the correct answer.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark in the MCQ section only.
- There will be Objective type MCQ Questions asked in the exam.
- The total number of Questions will be 40
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be given.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The duration of the exam is 03 hours.
- There are 20 true/false and 20 multiple-choice questions.
- There will be 02 types of questions in the test which are Objective type MCQ and true/false questions.
- The test is mainly based on mathematics covered in a reasonable B.Sc. course in Mathematics.
- There will be Objective type MCQ Questions in the exam.
- The test will cover the basics only in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology.
For Computer & Systems Sciences
- The Duration of the Exam will be 3 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
- Physics: Electronics, Biophysics, Quantum Mechanics, General Physics, Experimental Physics, Classical Mechanics, Heat, Thermodynamics, Statistical Physics, Modern Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Logic & statistics & mathematical methods, and Mathematics relevant to Physics.
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Quantum Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Electro Chemistry, and Spectroscopy (NMR, fluorescence, IR, UV, and X-ray).
Admit Card is an important and compulsory document needed to appear for the TIFR GS. It can be acquired online by downloading from the official website of TIFR. Candidates cannot enter for the entrance examination without this.
- Go to the official website and click on the link to download it.
- Use Password/Date of Birth in dd-mm-yy format, Registration Number/Roll No/Email Id to get admit card.
- Take a printout of the admit card to carry to the exam center.
Counseling will be commended for admissions in TIFR GS for those who have been shortlisted in their respective channels. The seat allotment will be dependent on factors such as the number of seats available, the rank of the candidate, and choice filling.
Following are the Documents Needed at the Time of Counselling:
- 10th/High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- 12th(Intermediate (+2)) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Mark Sheet of 10th/High School Certificate/equivalent.
- Mark sheets of 12th(Intermediate (+2)) Certificate/equivalent.
- TC (Transfer Certificate).
- Migration Certificate.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.
- Programmes available under TIFR GS 2023
- Mathematics (Ph.D. & Integrated M.Sc.-PhD Programs)
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here