GATE 2023 Form: GATE or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a common entrance examination conducted by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee), on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI). These institutes offer technical courses at the Postgraduate level. The application forms will make available on the GATE website in September, while the notification for the examination and it is important dates have been announced via official notification. This year, the International GATE examination is conducted in foreign countries like Dubai (UAE), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Kathmandu (Nepal), and Singapore.
GATE 2023 Notification:
- GATE 2023 Admit Card will release on 9th January 2022.
- The GATE 2023 Application Form has been released on 30th August 2022 & the last date to apply is 30th September 2022.
- GATE 2023 Highlights
- GATE Exam Date 2023
- GATE 2023 Application Form
- Eligibility Criteria
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
GATE 2023: Short Details
|Exam Name||GATE 2023|
|Full-Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Conducting Body||Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying Examination for M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|Frequency of Examination||Annual|
|Number of GATE Papers||29 Papers|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based Mode|
GATE 2023 Exam Date:
GATE 2023 Exam Date all exam related dates are mentioned below. Candidates also see the Application form notification date, admit card download date, Result date, etc.
|Gate 2023 Registration Date||30th August 2022|
|Last Date to submit Online Application Form||30th September 2022|
|Closing Date of extended online registration/ application process||16th October 2022|
|Modifications in GATE 2023 Application||4th to 11th November 2022|
|GATE Admit Card date Available||9th January 2023|
|GATE Exam Date 2023||4th, 5th 11th & 12th February 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||21st February 2023|
|Answer key objection window||22nd to 25th February 2023|
|Result date Declare||16th March 2023|
|Score Card download||22nd March 2023|
GATE 2023 Application Form:
- The GATE 2023 Registration for Application Form will be available on the official website from September 1st.
- The Gate Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) is used to register the candidates for appearing in the examination.
- Registration at this web address requires the candidate to provide a valid email address, GOAPS password, and mobile number.
- On successful registration, the candidate will communicate, his GOAP enrollment ID.
- The candidate must then use this ID and his personal GOAPS password to log in at the application form portal, fill in appropriate details and upload relevant documents.
- The image files to be readied when applying for GATE 2023 include candidate signature, candidate thumb impression, scanned images of degree certificate, or marks sheet for the latest semester examination.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
The GATE Form fee for Indian Candidates:
The candidate must also decide the mode by which he/she wants to pay the fee before applying to the web portal. The GATE 2023 Form Fee for the women candidates and the category candidates is Rs.850, for the Unreserved category, it is Rs.1700. The fee can be paid via net banking or e-challan.
Exam Center for Foreign Countries & Application fee (All categories):
|Countries||Exam Fee||Extended Period|
|Singapore and Dubai||US$200||US$250|
|Kathmandu & Dhaka||US$100||US$150|
GATE 2023 Application Form: Click here
GATE Entrance Exam conducts by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the other seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) jointly. The candidates appearing for the GATE 2023 exam must fulfill the eligibility criteria before appearing for the exam, the details of the eligibility criteria have been mentioned below:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Science / BSc. Research from recognized universities.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree i.e. B.E./B.Pharm/ B.Tech/ B.Arch from a recognized University.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 systems or any such equivalent. The candidate who has completed their Graduation under the 10+2+3 system is ineligible for GATE.
- The applicants have a Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics / Computer applications or equivalent-M.Sc/ MCA/M.A.
- The applicants appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply for the exam provided they have to submit the certificate from the Principal of the University or College.
- Diploma Holders are not eligible for the examination.
The candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination, have to submit their certificate or degree certificate, or provisional certificate.
- Number of Papers: 29 (different for every discipline)
- Exam Mode: Online (CBT)
- Questions Type: You have Objective type questions each question has four multiple choice and Numerical
- Number of Questions: 10 (GA) + 55 (Subject) = 65 Questions
- Maximum of Marks: 100
- Marks Each Question: There are two types of question marking some questions carry 1 mark and some questions carry 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for Numerical types of questions. The 1-mark question will deduct the 1/3rd mark and the 2-mark question will be deducted the 2/3rd mark.
- Exam Duration: 3 Hours
- The examination pattern tests the candidates’ knowledge of English, General Aptitude, and discipline-oriented subjects.
- The combined marks allotted to the subject questions are 85, while the General aptitude section(including English) carries 15 marks.
- The time allotted is 3 hours, with maximum marks being 100. The subjects section does divide into subsections.
- For each discipline, the number of subsections and the total number of questions in the subsections may vary.
- It is advised that the candidate refers to the syllabus of appropriate discipline to find the subsections and the syllabi covered subsequently. For example, the syllabus for the Electronics and Communication Engineering discipline is divided into 8 sub-sections.
For paper codes: AE, BT, AG, CE, CS, CH, EC, EE, MN, IN, ME, PI, MT, PE, TF, and XF
|Subject||Percentage of Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||15 %|
|Main Subject of the Paper||70 %|
For paper codes: AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL.
|Subject||Percentage of Total Marks|
|Main Subject of the Paper||85 %|
There are 23 papers held GATE Exam 2023, You can see above we mentioned. GATE 2023 Syllabus will be different for each paper. The common section for each paper will be General Aptitude. You can find below the syllabus of General Aptitude:
GATE 2023 Syllabus for General Aptitude:
- Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion, Instructions, Verbal analogies, verbal deduction, word groups & critical reasoning
- Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, Numerical estimation, Numerical reasoning, and data interpretation
List of GATE Paper 2023:
The students who are planning to attend GATE Exam 2023, must aware of all the papers of GATE. Candidates have the option to choose one subject in the below list. Here we mention the subject name with the subject code. You can see below a total of 29 papers on this list.
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Geomatics Engineering (New Paper)||GE|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (New Paper)||NM|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|
Syllabus in Details:
- GATE Syllabus for Botany
- GATE Syllabus for Chemistry
- Syllabus For Materials Science (XE-C)
- Syllabus for Polymer Science and Engineering (XE – F)
- GATE Syllabus for Solid Mechanics (XE-D)
- Syllabus of Thermodynamics (XE-E)
- GATE Syllabus For Microbiology ( XL–K)
- GATE Syllabus for Biochemistry (XL-I)
GATE 2023 Admit Card is available from the official website GOAPS. Candidates can download the admit online mode authority will not send admit cards through post or Email. In the exam, hall candidates must carry one ID proof and an Admit card. Photocopies do not allow the Identity proof candidates must carry original.
The Board has published the Answer key for GATE 2023 online mode from February 2023. It will be released for various programmes and subjects separately. Candidates can also submit their objections or suggestions for the Answer key by paying a certain amount of fee within a given period.
GATE Result & Scorecard 2023:
GATE 2023 Result will be declared in March 2023. Go to the official website where candidates can check the result. GATE score will be valid for three 3 years the date will be counted from the result announced on the date. Candidates can check the result through online mode, the authority will send the GATE result through offline mode. The online candidates can get a hard copy of the GATE Scorecard 2023:
Steps to download the ScoreCard:
- Visit the official website.
- Then the login page will be opened.
- Now, Enter your Enrollment ID/Email Address, Password & Security Code (Captcha).
- Then click on the “submit” button.
- The scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Save the scorecard and take the printout of it.
GATE 2023 CUT OFF Marks:
|Exam Name||General||OBC (NCL)||SC/ST/PwD|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||27.2||24.4||18.1|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||26.3||23.6||17.5|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||32.9||29.6||21.9|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||35.7||32.1||23.8|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||28.5||25.6||19|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||28.8||25.9||19.2|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||33.4||30||22.2|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||42.2||37.9||28.1|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||34.6||31.1||23|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||34||30.6||22.6|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||32.7||29.4||21.8|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||49.2||44.2||32.8|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||39.8||35.8||26.5|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||36.6||32.9||24.4|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||37.1||33.3||24.7|
|Engineering Sciences (XE-A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)||26||23.4||17.3|
|Life Sciences (XL-P, Q, R, S, T, U)||31.7||28.5||21.1|
GATE Score for PSUs Recruitment:
The main purpose of the GATE score for the PSUs Recruitment or Public Sector Undertakings. You can check below the major PSUs which conduct recruitment through GATE:
|BAARC: OCES, DGFS||BBNL|
|Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India||CEL|
|Haryana Power Utilities||IOCL|
|Coal India Ltd|
GATE 2023 Counselling:
After the results, the counselling dates will be announced. GATE 2023 Counselling will be started from June 2023. The selected candidates have to apply for admission in IITs separately. The Board will not conduct any centralized counselling for the admission of qualified candidates. However, for admission in M.Tech/M.Plan/M. Arch programmes centralized counselling will be held for admission into all NITs and various centrally funded institutions.
During the GATE counselling process, candidates have to make the choice of course and colleges. On the basis of rank secured in the exam, filled choices, availability of seats, and category of candidates, seats will be allocated in various institutions for admission.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here
10 thoughts on “GATE 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Counselling & Eligibility”
I have 53.50% in my b.tech civil engineering Am i eligible to write gate exam? Plg tell me sir.,
Hi, I’m also applying for PSU through GATE. For daily updates, one of my friends suggested me to signup with the jobads website. Now, I got Every update about GATE2020.
Can I appear for the gate exam. I am in 3rd of engineering?
I am 3rd year studnt of biomedical engg,can you pleause tell me about subjects and patterns for gate exams related to life science
the choice of examination city list is not occuring. what should i do?
Passing year option is not shown for 2015 in the list of scroll down list option n y????
what is eligibility criteria for GATE 2017??
India best institution
Thanks for your information
Thanks for given information…….