|Notification||Exam Date||Application Form||Eligibility||Exam Pattern|
Civil Services Exam 2023: The Union Public Service Commission is responsible for the selection of eligible candidates for training and/or appointment in the Defence Services, the National Defence Academy, the Air Force Academy, the Naval Academy, etc. The commission conducts examinations and interviews on a national scale for combing out the eligible candidates. There are three phases of this examination- Civil Services Exam 2022-23 Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and the Personality Test. The UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Preliminary Exam 2023-24 is conducted in two stages. The preliminary examination helps select the eligible candidates for the Main examination, which is scheduled at a later stage. The notification mentioning the tentative dates for all the examinations is available on the official UPSC website.
- UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 notification has been released on 1st February 2023.
Groups and Services:
Here we are giving them information about what kind of services provide the UPSC. Candidates also find below Civil service Group A and Group B Service:
All India Services: The UPSC provide the below service based on all India level:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
- Indian Police Service (IPS).
Central Services (Group A): If candidates attempt the Civil Service Exam and qualify the exam. According to the score, they can get below one of the services:
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS).
- Indian Information Service (IIS).
- Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES).
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS).
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS).
- Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service (IP&TAFS).
- Indian Postal Service (IPoS).
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS-IT).
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS).
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS).
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS).
- Railway Protection Force (RPF).
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS-C&CE).
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS).
- Indian Trade Service (ITS).
Group B Services:
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Civil Service (DANICS).
- Pondicherry Civil Service.
- Delhi, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands Police Service (DANIPS).
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (AFHCS).
- Pondicherry Police Service.
Civil Services Exam 2023: Highlights
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Exam Name||Civil Services Examination 2023|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Name of Conducting body||UPSC – Union Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Application Form||Online Mode|
|No. of Vacancies||—|
Here we are giving information about UPSC 2023 Exam Date, Notification Released Date, Application form Start to submit & End Date, UPSC 2023 Exam Date ( Prelims & Main Exam), etc: Civil Service Exam 2023 Schedule of Filing Details below check it briefly: Click Here – UPSC Recruitment 2023:
|Notification of UPSC Prelims Exam Date||1st February 2023|
|Application Available||1st February 2023|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||21st February 2023|
|Change Exam Center||March 2023|
|Prelims Exam Admit Card Available||April 2023|
|Civil Services 2023 Preliminary Exam Date||28th May 2023|
|Exam Result 2023 (Prelims)||Not Announced|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||Not Announced|
|UPSC 2023 Exam Date (Main)||15th September 2023|
|Final Result Declaration Date||Not Announced|
|Interview & Personality Test Date||The second week of February 2024|
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
The official notification for UPSC IAS Exam 2023 is expected online and in print from February 2023. The applications are available on the same day. The last date by which the application must be submitted online is March 2023. The examination will be held in June 2023. A candidate needs to apply for the examination at a link given on the UPSC website only. Registration at the given link requires a valid email address and phone number. After successful registration, a candidate is redirected to the application form filling portal. The portal is divided into two parts namely, Part I and Part II. A candidate is required to submit correct academic and DOB details as mentioned in the certificates.
A candidate must have in readiness, the means to make the payment of Rs 100 online. Alternatively, the candidate may choose to pay in cash at the SBI counter after generating the pay-in-slip during application submission. The candidate must pay the fee the next day without fail so that the application submission procedure is completed successfully failing which, the candidate’s application is rejected. The candidate is also required to have in readiness, the scanned copy of the candidate’s signature and photograph in JPG format, both of which must not exceed 40KB in size, to be attached to Part II of the application form.
Civil Services Exam 2023 Application Form: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
An Indian citizen satisfying the age criteria, Educational Qualification Criteria, and physical standard criteria can apply for the UPSC Civil Service Preliminary Examination. There is also a restriction on the number of attempts for a candidate. The age criteria require the candidate to have attained 21 years of age (not more than 31 years) as of August 2023. Age relaxation norms are applicable for ex-servicemen and SC/ST candidates. The educational requirements of a candidate dictate the need for a degree from a college that is deemed as a university. A candidate must adhere to strict physical standards as mentioned by the commission in the notification guidelines.
UPSC Age Limit 2023:
Below we mention the UPSC Age limit category wise. Here aspirant also checks the total number of attempts they get:
|Category||UPSC Age limit 2023||No. Of Attempts|
|General||32 Years||6 Attempts (till the age of 32 years)|
|OBC||35 Years||9 Attempts (till the age of 35 years)|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No Age Limit|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Year||GEN/OBC= 9
Attempts SC/ST= No bar
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs,
SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs
|No Age Limit|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40
Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.
|No Age Limit|
UPSC 2023 Nationality:
- The Candidates must be Indian citizens for the IAS & IPS.
- Candidates also can apply for Nepal or a subject of Bhutan.
- Candidates who migrate from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Myanmar, Zambia, Kenya, Uganda, Zaire & Vietnam now permanent shift to India can also apply.
Click Here: UPSC 2023 Calendar
The UPSC Preliminary Examination consists of two papers.
- Paper I and Paper II are given in multiple-choice questions. Paper I carry 200 Marks and tests the candidate’s knowledge of General Science, current national, and international events and Geography, Indian politics, governance, and economic and social development.
- Paper-II tests for comprehension skills, logical reasoning, general mental ability, basic numeracy, data interpretation, communication skills, etc. It is a qualifying paper requiring 33% of minimum qualification marks. A candidate must appear for both the papers to qualify for the Mains examination which is held in October 2023.
UPSC 2023 Preliminary Exam:
- The UPSC 2023 Preliminary Exam will be divided into two parts First is GS (General Studies) and CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test). The GS will be 400marks and CSAT will be 200 marks.
- The question paper will be of Multiple types.
- Paper Medium: The question papers will be in English and Hindi.
- Duration of Exam: The Prelims Exam duration will be 2-hour.
|Paper-I||GS – General Studies||200|
|Paper-II||CSAT – Civil Service Aptitude Test||200|
UPSC Exam Pattern Mains Exam:
The UPSC 2023 Mains Exam will be included in the written exam & Interview.
|A||These will languages which is selected by the candidate (Qualifying)||300|
|II||General Studies I||250|
|III||General Studies II||250|
|IV||General Studies III||250|
|V||General Studies IV||250|
|VI, VII||Candidates can choose these subjects this will be optional||500|
|Sub Total (Written Test)||1750|
|Personality Test (Interview)||275|
UPSC Syllabus 2023:
Civil Services Prelims Exam Syllabus 2023: Civil Service Prelims Exam Syllabus will be common for all candidates.
- The General Studies (Paper-I): This paper holds 250 marks. In this paper, the candidate is required to write essays on multiple topics. Candidates must have briefly described the topics.
- The CSAT (paper-II): All these topics will come in this paper, Topics will Basic Numeracy, English Comprehension, Interpersonal Skills, General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning, Decision Making & Problem Solving, etc.
- IAS Exam 2023 Mains Syllabus: The Civil Service Main Exam Syllabus asked almost everything under the sun. Candidates must have deep knowledge of their subjects.
|Paper Name||Nature of the Paper||Marks||Questions||Exam Duration|
|IAS Exam Paper – I: General Studies
||Merit Ranking Nature||200 Marks||100||2 Hours|
|IAS Exam Paper – II: General Studies (CSAT)
||Qualifying Nature||200 Marks||80||2 Hours|
|Click Here – Best Books for UPSC Civil Services Preparation|
UPSC 2023 Selection Process:
Here candidates can find the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 Selection process.
Stage I: Preliminary Examination:
- Advertised will become in May and held in August every year.
- The result will be published in mid of October.
Stage II: Main Examination:
- UPSC Main Exam will be in December every year.
- The result will be announced in the second week of March.
Personality Test (Interview): Stage III
- The UPSC 2023 Interview is Held in April/May each year.
- The final result will be announced in May.
- Candidates can check the UPSC Civil Service 2023 Exam Admit Card from the UPSC official website.
- The Admit Card has been released on September 2023 through online mode.
- The Authority will not send the Hall Ticket by speed post.
- For the download of the admit card candidates can check the official website.
Click Here – UPSC Civil Services Exam Preparation Tips
Steps to Download the Civil Services Exam 2023 Admit card:
- Visit the official website of UPSC.
- At the homepage click on the e-admit card link of the UPSC exam.
- Then click on download.
- After that, a new window open & Enter the registration number /roll number and date of birth.
- UPSC Prelims Admit Card 2023 will be displayed on the screen
- Download and print a copy of UPSC IAS admit card 2023
UPSC 2023 Related Exams:
- IES/ESE 2023 Application Form
- IFS Exam 2023 Application Form
- IES/ISS 2023 Application Form
- CDS 2023 Application Form
- UPSC Combined GEO-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2023
- NDA 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2023 Application Form
- CISF AC 2023 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Application Form
Civil Services Exam 2023 Result:
- On the Official Website of UPSC, candidates can check the Civil Service Exam 2023 Result.
- Authority will release the separate result for the Preliminary and Mains Examination.
- Between January to February Mains results will be announced.
- The Final Result and Merit List will be published the June or July.
- The result will be in PDF format. Before getting the result candidates must have a Roll Number.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here