UPSC Recruitment 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. It was established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released recruitment of candidates in the Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination 2023 like every year. The UPSC released the Exam Calendar 2023 on its official website – www.upsc.gov.in. The candidates who want to seek UPSC jobs can apply for it by filling out the application form by the mentioned time duration. The applying candidates must ensure eligibility before submitting the form. The details of the examination like the UPSC 2023 Application Form, Examination Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, etc are given in this article.
UPSC 2023 Notification:
- 6th May 2022: UPSC has released the UPSC Exam Calendar 2023.
UPSC Recruitment 2023 Highlight:
|Name of Conducting Body:||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Level of Examination:||National Level|
|Name of the Exam:||Civil Services (IAS/IPS)|
|Mode of the Exam:||Pen/paper|
|Numbers of Vacancy||—|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Main, Personality Test|
UPSC 2023 Exam Date:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
The interested candidates can check the details regarding the UPSC Exam Date 2023 below the table:
|UPSC IAS/ Civil Services 2023||Exam Dates|
|UPSC 2023 Notification Released||1st February 2023|
|Available Application Forms||1st February 2023|
|Deadline to submit the Application Form||21st February 2023|
|Preliminary Admit Card Released||May 2023|
|UPSC Exam Date 2023 (Preliminary)||28th May 2023|
|Preliminary Exam Result||August 2023|
|UPSC Main Admit card||September 2023|
|UPSC Mains Examination 2023||15th September 2023|
|UPSC Mains Examination Result||January 2023|
How to Apply for UPSC 2023:
The candidates who wish to apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 can apply for the application form from the official website of UPSC. While filling the application form candidates must take care that they fill in all the authentic details. Any details found wrong in the stage of examination might lead to the cancellation of candidates’ selection for UPSC. Candidates can check here UPSC Apply Online form instructions provided.
- To apply for the Union Public Service Commission candidates will first have to visit the official site: www.upsc.gov.in
- Then move under ‘What’s News’ section from the right side of the opened page.
- Read Exam Notice carefully and check If you find eligible for Registration.
- Select the link “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”.
- After that click on “Click Here (Part -I)”.
- Now the candidates will have to enter a few details to register themselves.
- A unique Exam Registration Number will be sent after completion of the first part of the registration.
- Again Re-login using the Registration Number & Date of Birth.
- Then click on “Click Here (Part-II)”.
- upload scanned photo and signature(photo and signature should be in jpg format with file not exceeding 40 KB each and not less than 3 KB for Photo and 1 KB for Signature.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Click on “Submit” Button.
- Keep a print copy of the completed UPSC Form for future reference and keep it safe
|Click here to Check UPSC Calendar 2023|
UPSC Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
To apply for the IAS Examination 2023 Candidates have to check the Eligibility criteria:
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
- The candidate should be a citizen of India. Apart from that, a subject of Nepal, Bhutan, and a refugee of Tibet can also apply.
- The candidates of Indian Origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam for settling in India permanently can also apply.
UPSC 2023 Educational Qualification:
- Candidates should have done graduation or post-graduation or any recognized Universities.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year also can apply for the UPSC 2023 Exam.
Age Limit: UPSC Recruitment
- The age of the applying candidates should be between 21-35 years at the time of applying. Age Relaxation will be provided to reserved category students.
UPSC Exam Application Fee:
The candidates are required to pay Rs.100/- as an application fee. The application fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ Disability candidates is exempted. The payment of the application fee can be done by online mode by net banking/debit card/credit card etc.
UPSC Exam is conducted in three phases as candidates can check all below the UPSC Recruitment Selection Process:
- Civil Services Aptitude Test
- Mains (Civil Services Mains)
- Personality test (interview)
UPSC Exam Pattern:
Prelims Exam Pattern:
|Paper||Total Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I: General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper II: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
Mains Exam Pattern:
|Paper||Name of Paper||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper – A||Any Indian Language
|Paper – B||English
|Paper I||Essay||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper-II||3 Hours||250|
The next phase after that is an interview. It is conducted to check your personality. The interviewer checks for your intellectual skills, communication skills, mental ability, and way of responding. It will be like a natural conversation. The candidates must be aware of the current things happening around them national as well as international.
Find below the UPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Examination CSAT Paper – 1 (GS) & Preliminary Examination CSAT Paper – 2 (Aptitude):
Preliminary Examination CSAT Paper – 1 (GS):
The Paper 1st total marks will be 200 and the exam time will be 2 Hours. Find below the topics UPSC Syllabus:
- Important current events for Both National & International.
- Indian National Movement & History of India.
- Geography of India & World – Social, Physical, Economic Geography of India & World
- Indian Polity and Governance: Political System, Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Rights Issues, Public Policy, etc:
- Economic and Social Development: Poverty, Sustainable Development, Inclusion, Social Sector initiatives, Demographics, etc.
- Bio-diversity & Climate Change, General issues on Environmental Ecology, that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
IAS Preliminary Examination CSAT Paper – 2 (Aptitude):
Paper 2nd will be a total of 200 Marks & exam duration of 2 hours:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- Basic numeracy (Orders of magnitude, Numbers and their relations, etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (Graphs, Tables, Charts, Data Sufficiency, etc. – Class X level).
Books for Preparation:
India & World Geography:
- Certificate Physical & Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- India: A Comprehensive Geography by D R Khullar
- World Geography by Majid Hussain
Indian History & Culture:
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
- A New Look at Modern Indian History by B L Grover & Alka Mehta
- Mastering Modern World History by Norman Lowe
- Social Problems in India by Ram Ahuja
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Introduction to the Constitution of India by D.D Basu
- Our Constitution by Subash Kashyap
- Indian Economy Since Independence by Uma Kapila
- Indian Economy Key Concepts by K. Shankarganesh
- Latest Economic Survey and Budget
- India’s Foreign Policy by V P Dutt
- Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy by Rajiv Sikri
Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude:
- Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude by G Subba Rao
- The Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude by Niraj Kumar
- Ethics, Integrity & Values in Public Services by Ramesh K Arora.
The UPSC Recruitment 2023 Admit Card will be made available on the official website. To download admit card candidates will have to visit the official website. UPSC will announce the availability of the admit card through an official notification on the official website. Candidates can download admit card by entering their application number and password/date of birth. Every candidate needs to bring the admit card to the examination hall along with some ID proof.
UPSC Recruitment 2023 Result:
The UPSC Exam 2023 Results of the preliminary examination will be announced on the official website. The check the result candidates will have to log in to the official website. The result would be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase. All the candidates can check their results by entering the roll number and password.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here