|Pattern & Syllabus
Kerala SET 2023: Kerala SET stands for the Kerala State Eligibility Test commenced by Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram. This is a test to choose eligible teachers to ensure the maintained standards of teaching in Higher Secondary courses. The candidate will be provided with the pass certificate in State Eligibility Test and this is a compulsory need for appointment as Higher Secondary School Teacher in the State according to the Special Rules in force.
Those who want to attain a career in the education/teaching field can apply for Kerala Set 2023. To appear in KSET 2023 examination, candidates must have done a Master’s degree program along with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.). This state-level examination by the Government of Kerala is the governing authority. The exam will be commenced twice a year in March and September. In addition to this, the paper will be commenced in two stages Paper I – General Knowledge and Aptitude and Paper II – Specialized Subjects.
Kerala SET Exam 2023 Notification:
- 21st October 2022: Kerala SET 2023 Application Form has been extended till 25th October 2022.
- 1st October 2022: Kerala SET 2023 Application Form has been released on 1st October 2022.
Kerala SET 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Exam
|Kerala State Eligibility Test (SET) 2023
|Name Of The Organization
|LBS Centre for Science & Technology
|Name Of The Post
Kerala SET 2023 Exam Date:
|Exam Dates (January Session)
|Application Form available
|1st October 2022
|Last date to submit the online registration
|25th October 2022
|Fees submission last date
|27th October 2022
|Correction Date of Application Form
|28th to 30th October 2022
|Admit card available
|To be announced
|Kerala set exam 2023
|To be announced
|To be announced
Kerala SET 2023 Application Form:
- The SET Exam 2023 Registration will start in October for January Session and in April for the July session.
- Candidates must register for Kerala SET 2023 via the official website.
- Make sure to fill out the form carefully because after submitting the form, there will be no chance to make any corrections.
- Along with filling out the form, upload the photograph with 200 pixels in height and 150 pixels in width. The image should be in JPG format and should not go beyond 30 KB in size.
- Make a payment of the application form via online mode only. Use the modes such as Net Banking, Debit Card, and Credit Card.
SET Exam 2023 Online Registration Fee:
- General/OBC category candidates will pay INR 1000/-
- SC/ST/VH/PH category candidates will pay INR 500/-
Important to Note: Candidates need to pay Processing charges and GST as per the applicability.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Steps to Apply for Kerala SET Exam 2023:
- Visit the official website of Kerala SET i.e, www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in.
- Go to the ‘Quick Links’ tab.
- Choose the ‘SET 2023’ option.
- Give your valid mobile phone number to start the process. Soon after registration, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number.
- Fill in the personal and academic details asked in the online form and then submit.
- A registered ID will be displayed on the screen after submitting the form successfully. Keep this ID safe for further help.
- Choose the JPEG format photograph with a height of 200 pixels and width of 150 pixels. The maximum file size should be 30 KB.
- Make the payment of the application fee via online mode. You will have the option of Credit/debit card/Net banking or other modes. There will be no proviso like a refund of the application fee once paid.
- After filling out the application form candidates should take the print-out of the application form and address slip. This address slip must be pasted on the envelope by the candidate for sending the application. The application form should be sent by the candidate and must be signed after printing.
- There will be no facility like editing once the application is submitted. Thus, verify their information before submission. In case of discrepancies, contact the helpline numbers available on the websites within three days from the last notified date.
Kerala SET 2023 Application Form: Click here
- There is no prescribed age limit for the candidate appearing for Kerala SET exam.
- Candidate must have a degree of master in a specific subject with at least 50% aggregate marks or equivalent grade. In addition to this, the candidate must have a B.Ed degree in any discipline from some recognized university in Kerala or have these qualifications from some other recognized universities.
- For subjects such as Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry, the candidate must have attained with M.Sc Ed degree in the concerned subject with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade from some Regional Institution of Education sponsored by NCERT.
- For subjects such as Botany and Zoology, the candidate must have an MSc Ed degree in the concerned subject with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade from any Regional Institution of Education sponsored by NCERT. Or must have an MSc Ed degree in Life Science with 50% marks or equivalent grade from any Regional Institution of Education
- For Anthropology, Commerce, French, Gandhian Studies, Geology, German, Home Science, Journalism, Latin, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics, and Syriac subjects, the candidate must have a B.Ed degree
- For English, the candidate must have a II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with 50% marks and a B.Ed degree.
- Hindi subject, candidates must have attained a B.Ed degree in Hindi commenced by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha and are not required to produce the equivalency certificate, as the degree has been recognized by the Universities in the state of Kerala
- For Latin, the candidate must have cleared their degree examination in any discipline (from any University in Kerala or recognized as equivalent) with Latin as a second language under Paper II wherein they have attained a minimum of 50% marks. These eligibility criteria hold only if the candidate has acquired 50% aggregate marks for that Part II.
Kerala SET 2023 Exam Pattern:
Kerala SET Exam 2023 is divided into two papers. Each paper will be of 2 hours of time duration. Both papers will have Multiple Choice Type (MCQ) questions.
- Paper-I will be in 2 parts: Part-A and Part B. Part A will have questions based on General Knowledge and Part B will have questions on Teaching aptitude. There shall be 120 questions for Paper I with 60 questions each for Part A and Part B. Each question shall carry one mark.
- Paper-II will have questions from 31 subjects based on the candidates’ specializations. There shall be 120 questions carrying one mark each for the subjects under Paper II except for Mathematics and Statistics. For Mathematics and Statistics, there shall be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each.
|Name of The Subject
|No of Questions
|Relevant Subjects(Post Graduation Level)
Kerala SET 2023 Syllabus:
The Paper will be divided into two parts:
- Paper-I will be based on General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude.
- Paper-II will have 35 different subjects based on the candidate’s specializations.
Download the admit card from the official website. Steps to download are mentioned below-
- First, go to the Official Website.
- Then Click on the SET-July-2023 link.
- Click on the “Print Your Admit Card” option.
- Enter the Registration ID, and Site Access Key when prompted.
- Take the printout of the admit card for future reference.
Exam Centre Details:
Director, LBS Cente for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram will set the Exam Location for all the Kerala SET Exam 2023 candidates. The complete address of the Examination Centre will be displayed on the Admit Card.
The examination Centres will be in 14 different Districts.
Kerala SET Exam Centres:
Go to the official website to check the Exam result. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Official Website.
- Click on the ‘State Eligibility Test’ link.
- Click on the Result Kerala SET link.
- Enter your Registration Number.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Take the Printout of the result for further reference.
Candidates will be appointed as Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE according to the result of Kerala SET 2023
For any help, call the helpline number mentioned below:
Phone: +91-0471-2560311, 312, 313
Email: [email protected]
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here