UPSC Eligibility Criteria: Every year UPSC conducts the Civil Services Examination (CSE). The UPSC Notification will release in February. Candidates who are applying for the exam must have to check the Eligibility criteria. Only those candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can fill the application form. In this article, we have provided detailed information about IAS eligibility criteria, including nationality, qualification, age limit, and the number of attempts.
The eligibility criteria for UPSC IAS are given below. The important factors of eligibility criteria are Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification, and the Number of Attempts.
- For IAS, IPS & IFS: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For all other Services, a candidate must be either
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 intending to settle in India permanently, or
- A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zaire, and Vietnam intending to settle in India permanently.
- The candidate who belongs to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) should have the certificate of eligibility that has been issued by the Government of India.
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
The candidate should have completed 21 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years.
|Category||Minimum Age Limit for UPSC||Maximum Age Limit for UPSC|
The candidates of reserved categories will get relaxation.
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Defense service personnel: 3 years.
- Ex-servicemen including commissioned officers ECOs/SSCOs: 5 years
- The candidate applying for UPSC Civil Services Exam must have done graduation from any recognized university or institution. The candidate who is in the final year of graduation can also apply for the examination. The candidates who have appeared for the passing examination and are waiting for the result can also apply.
Number of Attempts:
The number of attempts for general category applicants for this exam is a total of six times, OBC category applicants can appear for this exam a total of nine times while the SC/ST category candidates have the benefit of appearing unlimited times to sit for this examination till he or she attains an age of thirty-seven years.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here