UPSC IFS Exam 2025: Indian Forest Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, every year to select candidates for placement into the ministry of Environment, Forests, and Climate Change. The examination is conducted in two stages. The screening for the IFS Mains exam is through the Civil Services Preliminary Examination. The candidate is must notify in the application form if he/she desires to appear for the CSE and IFS Mains Examination. A candidate must qualify for the CSE prelims examination to appear for the IFS Exam 2025 Mains examination.
Indian Forest Service Notification 2025:
- Indian Forest Service (IFS) 2025 Application Form will be released on February 2025.
UPSC IFS Exam 2025 Quick Details:
|Exam Name||UPSC IFS 2025|
|Full-Form||Indian Forest Service Exam|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Number of Vacancies||To be announced|
|Number of Attempts||6|
|Official Website of IFS||ifs.nic.in|
IFS Exam Date 2025:
Find below all details about Indian Forest Service 2025 Notification, Application form Submit date, Exam Dates, etc:
|IFS Mains Exam Date Notification||February 2025|
|Submit the Date for IFS Prelims Application form||February 2025|
|Application Form Last Date to Apply||February 2025|
|IFS Admit Card||May 2025|
|IFS 2025 Date of Exam (Prelims)||June 2025|
|Pre ExamAnnouncement Result||June 2025|
|IFS Main Exam Date||November 2025|
|Mains Exam Result||To be Updated|
UPSC IFS 2025 Application Form:
The notification for the IFS and CSE prelims is available from 2nd February 2025 on the official UPSC website. The last date for online application submission is 22nd February 2025. The preliminary examination is scheduled for June 2025. Registering at the UPSC website for the CSE application provides user input credentials to the candidates via SMS. The candidate is then required to sign in and fill Part I and II of the application form with appropriate details and image files. A candidate should indicate if he/she aims to write the IFS Mains or the CSE Mains Examination. A candidate may also choose to write both. An application fee of Rs. 100 is paid via online/offline mode accordingly.
After qualifying in the preliminary examination, a candidate has to fill out the Detailed application form and register himself/herself for the IFS Mains examination scheduled in December 2025.
Steps To Fill the IFS 2025 Application Form:
- Visit the UPSC Official website is – www.upsc.gov.in
- On the homepage, check the ‘ What’s New’ Section.
- Then Click on UPSC IFS 2025 Application form.
- A new page will open, click on the “New Registration” button.
- Candidates must have to register themselves before filling out the online application form.
- Then, log in with the generated Application number and create a password, and filling the online application form.
- Submit all details like personal, Qualification, Test center, etc.
- Now upload the documents.
- In the end, candidates have to pay the IFS 2021 Application Fees.
IFS 2025 Application Form: Click here
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
IFS Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate must have done with graduation and holds a degree with one subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Chemistry, Geology, and Zoology, Statistics, Botany, Agriculture, Forestry or done with Engineering from any of the recognized Universities incorporated by Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or from any other educational institutions established by Act of Parliament or else declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates applying for the IFS examination main must have the age of 21 years and not more than 32 years.
- For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC /ST): Up to 5 years
- State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989: Up to 5 years.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): Up to 3 years
- Defense Services personnel: Up to 5 years
- ECOs/ SSCOs: Up to a maximum of 5 years.
- Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service as on and have been released: Up to 5 years
Number of attempts:
The maximum number of attempts restricted for candidates are as follows:
- General Candidates: 6 attempts
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates: No restriction
- Other Backward Classes: 9 attempts
- Physically handicapped– 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern:
The preliminary examination consists of objective-type questions for 400 marks subdivided into two papers, Paper I and II respectively. Paper I contains questions related to current national and international events, Indian politics, general science, etc. Paper-II contains questions pertaining to general mental ability, basic numeracy, communication skills, logical reasoning, etc. A candidate is awarded a negative marking of 0.33 for each wrong answer. A candidate must secure a minimum of 33% to qualify for the IFS Mains examination.
The Indian Forest Service Mains examination for 2025 is conducted for a duration of ten days beginning from December 2025. A candidate must appear in all the six papers from Paper I through Paper VI. Paper I and II pertain to General English and General Knowledge respectively and are awarded maximum marks of 300. Papers III to VI is optional papers that are selected by the candidate in the detailed application form and are awarded maximum marks of 200. The complete list of optional subjects must be referred to when applying for the same in the Detailed Application form. The personality test is awarded the maximum mark of 300. Read More – Exam Pattern:
IFS Admit Card 2025:
Those who have submitted their application form on time will allow downloading the admit card or hall ticket from the official website. This card will be released at least 15 days prior the date of exam. Applicants can check the hall ticket mentioned consisted of details such as Examination Date, Roll Number, Exam Centre Name, Exam Time and so on. Candidate is not allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card.
UPSC 2025 Related Exams:
- Civil Services Exam 2025 Application Form
- IES/ISS Exam 2025 Application Form
- CDS 2025 Application Form
- UPSC IES/ESE 2025 Application Form
- UPSC GEOSCIENTIST 2025 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2025 Application Form
- CISF AC 2025 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF AC 2025 Application Form
- NDA 2025 Application Form
Indian Forest Service 2025 Result:
Indian Forest Service 2025 Result will be declared separately for each stage. IFS Exam 2025 Preliminary Exam result will be declared first after that Mains & Interview Results will be announced. The result will be published on the official website of UPSC. The UPSC Exam 2025 result will base on candidates’ preformation.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here