GATE Eligibility: Candidates who are appearing for GATE must carefully check the Eligibility Criteria and ensure that before applying for GATE they should keep the required documents ready. Candidates who have a higher qualifying degree than the one prescribed can also apply and need to mention the minimum suitable GATE Eligibility Criteria from the list given below.
- Candidates who are Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs from a recognized and affiliated university are eligible to appear in GATE.
- Candidates who are Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharma and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates who are Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- The candidates who have done Bachelor’s degree program in science or B.Sc research/B.S post diploma or 4 years after 12th are eligible to appear in GATE exam.
- The candidates who have successfully qualified master’s degree in any relevant branch of Mathematics/Science/ Computer or equivalent/ Statistics are eligible for GATE.
- Candidates who have done Integrated M.Tech/ M.E. (after B.Sc) or 4-year Post-B.Sc Int Master’s degree program in Engineering/ Technology is eligible to apply for GATE.
- Candidates who have completed Integrated M.Tech/ M.E. or Dual Degree (after passing 12th or Diploma) or Integrated Master’s degree programs or dual degree programs in Engineering/Technology (with five-year degree course) also eligible for appearing in the GATE exam.
- The candidate who qualified for Professional Society Examinations equivalent to B.Tech/ B.E. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies and is acknowledged by UPSC/MHRD/ AICTE (AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India, AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India) are eligible to appear in the GATE exam.
- Candidates who have a degree in M.Sc/ MCA/ M.A: Master’s degree in any relevant branch of Science/ Computer Applications/ Mathematics / Statistics/ or equivalent are eligible to apply for the GATE exam.
NOTE: If the candidate is pursuing any higher degree or already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, then the candidate can select the relevant minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
In case a candidate has passed one of the qualifying examinations as mentioned above in 2016 or earlier, he/she has to submit the degree certificate, professional certificate/course completion certificate / provisional certificate, membership certificate issued by the society or institute. In case, the candidate is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria or later as mentioned above, he/she has to submit a certificate from the Principal or a copy of the marks card for section A of AMIE.