GATE Eligibility: Candidates who are appearing for GATE must carefully check the Eligibility Criteria and ensure that before applying for GATE they should keep the required documents ready. Candidates who have a higher qualifying degree than the one prescribed can also apply and need to mention the minimum suitable GATE Eligibility Criteria from the list given below.
- Candidates who are Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs from a recognized and affiliated university are eligible to appear in GATE.
- Candidates who are Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharma and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates who are Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- The candidates who have done Bachelor’s degree program in science or B.Sc research/B.S post diploma or 4 years after 12th are eligible to appear in GATE exam.
- The candidates who have successfully qualified master’s degree in any relevant branch of Mathematics/Science/ Computer or equivalent/ Statistics are eligible for GATE.
- Candidates who have done Integrated M.Tech/ M.E. (after B.Sc) or 4-year Post-B.Sc Int Master’s degree program in Engineering/ Technology is eligible to apply for GATE.
- Candidates who have completed Integrated M.Tech/ M.E. or Dual Degree (after passing 12th or Diploma) or Integrated Master’s degree programs or dual degree programs in Engineering/Technology (with five-year degree course) are also eligible for appearing in the GATE exam.
- The candidate who qualified for Professional Society Examinations equivalent to B.Tech/ B.E. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies and is acknowledged by UPSC/MHRD/ AICTE (AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India, AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India) are eligible to appear in the GATE exam.
- Candidates who have a degree in M.Sc/ MCA/ M.A: Master’s degree in any relevant branch of Science/ Computer Applications/ Mathematics / Statistics/ or equivalent are eligible to apply for the GATE exam.
NOTE: If the candidate is pursuing any higher degree or already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, then the candidate can select the relevant minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
|Qualifying Degree/Exam||Qualifying Degree/Exam (Descriptive)||Description of
|Year of Qualification (Not later than)|
|BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those students are in the final year of such programs||Currently in the 3rd
a year or higher or
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years)/ Planning (4 years)/ Naval Architecture (4 year)||Currently in the 3rd
year or higher or
|2024 (for 5 year) & 2023 (for 4 year)|
|MBBS/ BDS||MBBS/ BDS degree holder & those who are in 5th/ 6th/ 7th semester or higher semester||5th/ 6th/ 7th semester or higher semester||2023|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ BS||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd
year or higher or
|Pharma D (after 12th)||6 yrs degree program with residency training or internship from 3rd yr onwards||Currently in 3rd/ 4th /5th /6th year or already completed||2025|
|M. Sc/ MCA/ MA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any stream of Science/ Mathematics / Computer Applications/ Statistics/ Arts or equivalent||Currently in the first
a year or higher or
|Int. ME/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-B.Sc Integrated Master degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four years)||Pursuing in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year or already completed||2025|
|Int. ME/ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year)||Pursuing in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th year or already completed||2024|
|B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com||bachelors degree in any branch of Science/ Commerce/ Arts (3 year program)||currently in 3rd year or already completed||2022|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. BS-MS||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated BS/MS program||Pursuing in the third year or already completed||2024|
|Professional Society Examination (equivalent to BE/B.Tech/B.Arch)||BE/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent exams of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE.||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
In case a candidate has passed one of the qualifying examinations as mentioned above in 2016 or earlier, he/she has to submit the degree certificate, professional certificate/course completion certificate / provisional certificate, membership certificate issued by the society or institute. In case, the candidate is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria or later as mentioned above, he/she has to submit a certificate from the Principal or a copy of the marks card for section A of AMIE.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here