ASRB NET 2023: Agriculture Scientists Board (ASRB) conducts the National Eligibility Test (ASRB NET) to recruit Assistant Professors & Lecturers in the State Agriculture Universities & other Agricultural Universities. ASRB will soon release the official notification for the ASRB NET exam in April 2023. The ASRB NET examination provides Certificates to qualified Candidates aspiring to become Lecturers or Assistant professors in the State Agricultural Universities and other Agricultural Universities in India. ASRB NET is held across 23 cities of India. All the eligible candidates can apply for this examination online from the official website. Through the help of this article, candidates can get all the necessary details regarding Agricultural Research Service Preliminary Examination and National Eligibility Test 2023 (ASRB NET 2023) like application form, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, etc.
ASRB NET 2023 Notification:
- ASRB NET 2023 Application Form no notification released.
ASRB NET 2023 Highlights
|Organization Name||Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB)|
|Exam Name||Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test (ASRB ICAR NET) 2023|
|Courses offered||To recruit candidates as lecturers and assistant professors at state and other agricultural universities.|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
ASRB NET 2023 Exam Date:
|Release of the official notification||March 2023|
|Online application form submission||April 2023|
|ASRB NET 2023 Application form Last date to apply||April 2023|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||April 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||June 2023|
|Date of ASRB 2023 exam (pre) & NET (I) Exam||June 2023|
|Date ASRB 2023 Mains exam||September 2023|
|Date of Interview for the post of STO (T-6)||To be notified later|
|Date of Viva-voce for ARS-2023 Examination||To be notified later|
ASRB NET 2023 Application Form:
Below given are the instructions to apply for the application form. The candidates who are willing to apply can read the instructions to avoid any chances of mistakes in the submitted application form.
- Firstly candidates must read the complete notification from the official website about the examination, eligibility, form filling.
- After that visit the official website asrb.org.in
- Locate link the link to the Agriculture Scientist Research Board 2023 Application form.
- Candidates then have to enter their details asked in the form of personal & academic information.
- Applying candidates must take care that all the filled data is correct. There must not be any wrong data or spelling errors because this may lead to the cancellation of the application form.
- The next step is to upload a scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- Submit the details after rechecking the whole application form.
- Pay the application fee as per your category.
- It is advised to candidates to keep a copy of the application form with them.
Steps To Apply For ASRB NET 2023 Exam:
- Visit the official website of the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board i.e, www.asrb.org.in.
- Then click on the “Notifications” section on the home page.
- Then click on ASRB NET 2023 Application Form link.
- Register yourself by entering their details.
- Now, Login with valid credentials.
- Fill the form with all the required details mentioned on it.
- Upload scanned documents like photographs and signatures.
- Make the payment if required.
- Finally, submit the form.
- Take a printout copy of that form along with payment status for future use.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
The Application Fee will be paid online mode through Net Banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card.
|For General Category||Rs.1000/-|
|For OBC Category||Rs.500/-|
|For SC/ST Category||Rs.250/-|
Find below the Agriculture Scientist Research Board 2023 Eligibility. Aspirant finds here ASRB NET 2023 Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Nationality, etc:
- candidate must be an Indian citizen OR
- A citizen of Nepal Or
- A citizen of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1962 to permanently settle in India OR
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
- Candidate must have done Master’s or it’s equivalent in the concerned Discipline & specialization from any Indian University by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be University.
- The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years.
- There is no upper age limit for NET.
- BC (Non-creamy layer): 3 years
- Divyang: 10 years
- D. degree holder (for ARS) :3 years
- D. degree for SC/ST/OBC/ Divyang (for ARS): 3 years
- Those who belong to Jammu & Kashmir: 5 years
- The examination will be held online.
- The duration of the examination is of 2 hours.
- There will be a total of 150 marks.
- The number of questions will be 150 questions.
- The Paper will be objectively based.
- 1 mark will be given for the right answer
- There will be a deduction of 1/3 of the marks for the wrong answer
ASRB ICAR NET Syllabus:
- Agricultural Entomology – Systematics, Morphology, Embryology, Internal Anatomy and Physiology, Ecology, Biological Control, Chemical Control, and Toxicology, Host Plant Resistance, Innovative Approaches in Pest Control, Integrated Pest Management, Pesticide Application Equipments, Pests of Field Crops and their Management, Pests of Horticultural Crops and their Management, Pests of Stored Products and their Management, Arthropod Vectors of Plant Diseases, Honey Bees and Bee-Keeping, Silkworms, and Sericulture, Lac Insect, Other Useful Insects, Statistics and Computer Application.
- Agricultural Biotechnology – Cell Structure and Function, Biomolecules and Metabolism, Enzymology, Molecular Genetics, Gene Expression, Molecular Biology Techniques, Gene Cloning, Molecular Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Tissue Culture, Plant Genetic Engineering, Molecular Marker and Genomics.
- Agricultural Microbiology – History of Microbial World, Microbial Ecology and Physiology, Soil Microbiology, Environmental Microbiology, and Basic Microbiology Techniques, Microbial Biotechnology.
- Economic Botany and Plant Genetics Resources – Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics, Economically important plants –I, II, and III, Biodiversity and Plant Genetic Resources (PGR), Germplasm Augmentation, Germplasm Conservation, Biotechnology in PGR, Plant Quarantine, Germplasm Characterization, Evaluation, Maintenance, and Regeneration.
- Genetics & Plant Breeding – General Genetics and Plant Breeding, Economics Botany and Plant Breeding Methods, Genome Organization and Cytogenetics of Crop Plants, Quantitative and Biometrical Genetics, Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Tools in Plant Breeding for Stress Resistance and Nutritional Quality, Plant Genetic Resources and their Regulatory System, Varietal Release and Seed Production, Statistical Methods and Field Plot Techniques.
- Nematology – History and Economic Importance, Nematode Taxonomy and Morphology, Nematological Techniques, Nematode Ecology, Plant Nematode Relationships, Nematode Physiology and Cytology, Nematode Management, Interactions of Nematode with Soil Organisms, Statistics.
- Plant Biochemistry – Basic Biotechnology and Biomolecules, Intermediary Metabolism, Enzymes, Vitamins and Hormones, Molecular Biology, Techniques in Biochemistry, Biochemistry of Food-grains, Fruits, and Vegetables, Photosynthesis, Plant Metabolic Processes, Plant Molecular Biology, Plant Biotechnology/ Genetic Engineering.
- Plant Pathology – History and Principles of Plant Pathology, Laboratory and Analytical Techniques, Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology, Mycology, Plant Bacteriology, Plant Virology, Plant Disease Epidemiology, Phanerogamic parasites, and Non-parasitic Diseases, Fungal Diseases of Crop Plants, Bacterial and Viral Diseases of Crop Plants, Management of Plant Diseases.
- Plant Physiology – Cell Organelles and Water Relations, Metabolic Processes and Growth Regulation, Crop Productivity and Modeling, Abiotic Stress Responses in Plants, Plant Growth Regulators and Plant Development, Mineral Nutrition, Climate Change, Seed Physiology, Physiology of Flowering and Reproduction, Physiology of Horticultural and Plantation Crop Species, Post-Harvest Physiology, Morphogenesis, Tissue Culture, and Plant Transformation.
- Seed Science & Technology – Seed Biology, Seed Production, Seed Processing, Seed Quality Control, Seed Storage, Seed Health, Seed Industry Development and Marketing, Protection of Plant Varieties.
- Floriculture & Landscaping – Breeding, Production Technology of Cut Flowers, Production Technology for Loose Flowers, Landscaping, Protected Floriculture, Value Addition, Turfing and Turf Management, CAD for Outdoor and Indoorscaping.
- Fruit Science – Tropical and Dry Land Fruit Production, Subtropical and Temperate Fruit Production, Biodiversity and Conservation, Canopy Management in Fruit Crops, Breeding of Fruit Crops, Breeding of Fruit Crops, Post Harvest Technology, Growth and Development, Biotechnology of Fruit Crops, Protected Fruit Culture.
- Spices, Plantation & Medicinal & Aromatic Plants – Production of Plantation Crops, Production Technology of Spice Crops, Agronomy of Medicinal, Aromatic and Under-Utilized Crops, Breeding of Plantation Crops and Spices, Breeding of Medicinal and Aromatic Crops, Processing of Plantation Crops, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Organic Spice and Plantation Crop Production Technology.
- Vegetable Science – Production Technology of Cool Season Vegetable Crops, Production Technique of Warm Season Vegetable Crops, Breeding of Vegetable Crops, Growth and Development, Seed Production, Systematics of Vegetable Crops, Production Technology of Underexploited Vegetable Crops, Post Harvest Technology of Vegetable Crops.
- Animal Biochemistry – Scope of Biochemistry, Structure, and Properties of Biologically, Aminoacids, Major Classes of Enzymes, Bioenergetics, Mechanism of Storage, Structure and Metabolic, Blood composition and Biochemical Constituents of Erythrocytes, Basic Principles and Use of Latest Photometric, Environmental Pollution to Animal Health and Production.
- Animal Biotechnology – Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Gene Structure, and Expression, Genetic Engineering and Recombinant DNA Technology, Animal Tissue Culture and Hybridoma Technology, Embryo Transfer and Related Techniques, Molecular Biology Techniques.
- Animal Genetics & Breeding – Overview of Genetics, Advanced Genetics, Overview of Breeding, Genetic Properties of Population, Population Genetics, Genetic Strategies, Selection & Selection Experiments, Genetic Laboratory Techniques, Research Techniques for Quantitative Animal Genetics, Laboratory Animal Breeding.
- Animal Nutrition – energy and Proteins, Minerals, Vitamins, and Feed Additives, Rumen Ecosystem and Functions, Non-Ruminant Nutrition, Nutrient Requirements, Forage Conservation and Evaluation, Feed Processing and Technology, Anti-Metabolites and Toxic Principles, Elements of Research Methodology, Clinical Nutrition.
- Animal Physiology – Cellular Basis of Animal Physiology, Blood and Circulation, Respiration, Excretion, Digestion, Muscle Physiology, Nervous System, Endocrinology, Reproduction, Physiology of Growth, Climate Physiology, Behavioral Physiology.
- Animal Reproduction & Gynaecology – Veterinary Gynaecology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Accidents during Gestation, Veterinary Obstetrics, Andrology, Male Infertility, Frozen Semen Technology, and Artificial Insemination, Reproductive Technology, Infertility in Cows and Buffaloes, Reproduction and Infertility in Ovine/ Caprine, Reproduction and Infertility in Swine, Equine Reproduction, Canine and Feline Reproduction.
- Dairy Chemistry – Milk Constituents, Lactose Structure, Milk Lipids, Milk Adulteration, Cream, Heat Stability of Milk, Cheese, Ice-Cream, Definition of Quality, Spectroscopy.
- Dairy Microbiology – Microflora associated with Milk and Milk Products, Bacteriological Aspects of Processing Techniques, Naturally occurring Preservative Systems in Milk, Microbiological Quality of Fat Rich Products, Lactic Acid Bacteria, Dairy Products as Functional/ Health Foods, Microbiological Quality of Indigenous Dairy Products, Preparation of byproducts from Dairy Effluents by Microbial Fermentation, Microbiological Aspects of Quality Control and Quality Assurance in Production of Milk and Milk Products.
- Dairy Technology – Market Milk, Fat Rich Dairy Products, Frozen Milk Products, Cheese and Fermented Milk Products, Concentrated and Dried Milk Products, Indigenous Milk Products, Utilization of Milk Byproducts, Packaging of Milk and Milk Products, Cleaning and Sanitation, Advances in Dairy Technology, Legal and Quality Aspects for Milk and Milk Products.
- Livestock Product Technology – Basic and General Aspects of Livestock Products, Abattoir, and Poultry Processing Plants, Processing and Preservation, Wool, Mohair and Fur, Packaging, Quality Control, Marketing.
- Livestock Production Management – General, Breeding Management, Feeding Management, Reproduction Management, Shelter Management, Health Management, Production and Management of Cattle and Buffalo, Production and Management of other Animals, Wildlife Management, Forage Production and Conservation, Economics and Marketing of Livestock and Poultry and their Products.
- Poultry Science – Poultry Genetics and Breeding, Poultry Nutrition, Avian Physiology, Poultry Products Technology, Poultry Management, Economics and Marketing, Poultry Health Management.
- Veterinary Medicine – General Medicine, Diagnosis of Animal Diseases, Gastroenterology, Diseases of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary System, Diseases of Urinary, Nervous, Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems, Production and Deficiency Diseases, Common Toxicities, Infectious Diseases, Parasitic Diseases, Poultry Diseases, Veterinary Jurisprudence and Ethics, Special Therapeutic Approaches, Prevention and Control of Diseases, Common Diseases of the zoo, Laboratory Animals and Wildlife.
- Veterinary Microbiology – General Bacteriology, Systematic Bacteriology, General Virology, Systematic Virology, Mycology, Immunology, Molecular Cell Biology.
- Veterinary Parasitology – Veterinary Helminthology, Veterinary Entomology, Veterinary Protozoology, Clinical Parasitology, Parasitic Zoonoses, Management of Livestock Parasitism, ImmunoParasitology, Diagnostic Parasitology.
- Veterinary Pathology – Introduction, History and Etiology, Haemodynamics Derangements, Degeneration and Necrosis, Inflammation and Healing, Immunopathology, Genetically Determined Diseases, Disturbances in Cell Growth and Oncology, Postmortem Diagnosis and Histopathological Techniques, Clinical Pathology, Systemic Pathology, Pathology of Infectious Diseases, Avian Pathology, Nutritional and Production Pathology, Pathology of Toxicosis, Pathology of Diseases of Laboratory and Wild Animals.
- Veterinary Pharmacology – General Pharmacology, Drug Acting on Central Nervous System, Drug Acting on Humoral and Autonomic Nervous Systems, Drug Acting on Cardio-vascular and Respiratory Systems, Drugs Acting on Digestive System, Drug Action on Uro-genital System, Endocrine Pharmacology, Autacoids, Chemotherapy, Toxicology, Ecotoxicology, Miscellaneous Topics.
- Veterinary Public Health – Veterinary Public Health, Milk Hygiene, Meat Hygiene, Food-borne Infections and Intoxications, Zoonoses, Environmental Hygiene, Epidemiology, Experimental Animal Medicine, Health Education, Standard Guidelines and Legislation, Microbiology in Public Health.
- Veterinary Surgery – General Surgery, Anesthesia, Radiology, Orthopaedics and Lameness, Surgery of Head and Neck Region, Thoracic Surgery, Abdominal and Pelvic Surgery.
- Aquaculture – Aquaculture Systems, Species Selection Criteria for Various Culture Practices, Broodstock Development and Management, Farm Design, Construction, and Operational Management.
- Fisheries Resource Management – Fisheries Resources, Fishery Biology, Aquatic Environment, Fisheries Management, Fishing Technology, Economies and Marketing, Fisheries Livelihood.
- Fish Process Technology – Craft Technology, Gear Technology, Process Biochemistry, Fish Processing Technology, Microbiology, Quality Management and Certification, Fishery Engineering, Economics, and Marketing.
- Fish Nutrition – Principles of Fish Nutrition, Nutritional Physiology, Feed Formulation, Feed Technology, and Feeding Management, Nutrition and Fish Health, Nutrigenomics.
- Fish Health – Introduction to Fish Health and Pathology, Diseases of Fish, Aquatic Environment and Fish Health, Disease Diagnosis, Defence Systems and Tumours, Disease Prevention and Control.
- Fish Genetics & Breeding – Principles of Fish Genetics and Breeding, Population and Quantitative Genetics, Genetic Tools for Aquaculture application, Breeding of Fish and Shellfish, Conservation, Bioinformatics.
- Agricultural Chemicals – General Chemistry, Chromatography, and Spectroscopic Techniques, Chemistry of Natural Products, Naturally Occurring Insecticides, Synthetic Insecticides, Fungicides, Nematicides and Rodenticides, Herbicides and Plant Growth Regulators, Agrochemical Formulations, Pesticide Residues and their Dynamics in the Environment, Agrochemicals – regulation and quality control, Natural Resource Management, Environment Pollution: Implications and Remediation.
- Agricultural Meteorology – General Meteorology, General Climatology, Agricultural Climatology, Micrometeorology, Evapotranspiration, Crop Weather Modeling, Weather Forecasting for Agriculture.
- Agroforestry – National Forest Policy 1894, 1952, and 1988, Indian Forest Act 1927, Forest Conservation Act 1980, and Wildlife Protection Act 1972, Concept and Definition of Agroforestry, Plant Management Practices in Agroforestry, Extent, and Causes of Land Denudation, Forest Mensuration, Definition, Object, and Scope of Silviculture, Seed Collection, Forest Management, Tree Improvement, Forestry in Bio-Economic Productivity of different Agro-Eco-Systems and Environmental Management, Measurement of Trees and Stand, Climate Change, Statistics.
- Agronomy – Crop Ecology and Geography, Weed Management, Soil Fertility, and Fertilizer Use, Dryland, Agronomy, Crop Production in Problem Soils, Crop Production, Agricultural Statistics, Sustainable Land Use Systems, Basics of Soil and Water, Soil Water Relationship, Plant Water Relationship, Irrigation Water Management, Management of Problematic Soils and Water.
- Environmental Sciences – Definition and Scope of Environment Science, Basic Ecological Concepts, Biodiversity Concepts, Composition of Air, Soil and Water Pollution, Climate Change, Energy Consumption Pattern in Urban and Rural India, Natural Resources of India, Frequency Distribution, Mean, Median, Mode, and Standard Deviation.
- Soil Sciences – Pedology, Soil Physics, Soil Chemistry, Soil Fertility, Soil Microbiology, Statistics.
- Agricultural Business Management – Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Managerial Accounting and Control, Financial Management for Agri. Business, Agricultural Marketing Management, Production and Operation Management, Managerial Economics, Operations Research, Agribusiness Environment and Policy, Strategic Management, Research Methodology in Business Management, Project Management and Entrepreneurship Development.
- Agricultural Economics – Agricultural Development and Policies, Natural Resource Management, Farm Business Management, and Production Economics, Agricultural Finance, Agricultural Marketing, and Price Analysis, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Marketing Management, Production and Operation Management, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurial Skills, and New Venture Planning.
- Agricultural Extension – Fundamentals of Extension and Communication, Extension Methods & Farm Journalism, Information Communication Technologies (ICT), Training & Human Resource Development, Research Methodology in Extension Education, Programme Planning, Evaluation & Diffusion and Adoption of Innovations, Extension Management, Entrepreneurial Development, Developmental Strategies and Issue in Extension, Gender Sensitization, and Empowerment.
- Agricultural Statistics – Statistical Methods I and II, Statistical Genetics I and II, Design of Experiments I and II, Sample Surveys I and II, Computer Applications.
- Home Sciences – Human Nutrition, Health and Interventions, Food Science and Processing Technologies, Textile Science, Fashion Designing and Garment Production, Human Development and Family Dynamics, Family Resource Management and Consumer Science, Home Science Extension and Communication Methods.
- Farm Machinery and Power – Farm Mechanization and Equipment, Farm Machinery Design, Farm Machinery Testing, Evaluation and Management, Engines and Tractor Systems, Ergonomics and Safety, Soil Dynamics in Tillage and Traction, Energy in Agriculture, Manufacturing Technology, Instrumentation and Measurement Techniques.
- Agricultural Structures and Environmental Management – Introduction, Materials for Different Agricultural Structures, Environment Control, Functional Planning, Engineering of Structures, On-farm Structures, Structures Related to Agricultural Production, Handling, Packaging, and Transportation, Supporting Infrastructure, Instrumentation and Process Control.
- Land and Water Management Engineering – Ground Development, Wells and Pumps, Open Channel Hydraulics, Soil, Plant, Water, and Atmosphere Relationship, Hydrology and Soil and Water Conservation, Watershed Management, Irrigation Water Management, Management of Degraded, Waterlogged and Other Problematic Soils and Water.
- Food Technology – Introductory Food technology, Technology of Foods of Plant Origin, Technology of Foods of Animal Origin, Food Quality Management, Food Engineering/ Packaging, and Labelling, Food Microbiology & Biotechnology, Flavour Chemistry Technology, Consumer Sciences/ Food Product Development/ Health Foods.
- Agricultural Process Engineering – Engineering Properties and Quality of Biomaterials, Heat and Mass Transfer, Post Harvest Unit Operations, Process Technology and Machinery, Design of Processing Machinery, Material Handling, Packaging and Transport, Storage Engineering, Process Plant Design, Instrumentation and Process Control, Agri-project Planning and Management.
The ASRB NET 2023 admits card will be issued a few days before the examination from the official site www.asrb.org.in. Candidates can download from there. It is crucial to bring the admit card to the examination venue with One valid photo id proof along with two passport size photographs. The Authority won’t send admit cards to candidates via post or different suggestions that. Candidates can download Admit Card by entering their roll number and date of birth. In case of any error in the admit card consult the conducting authority immediately.
ASRB NET Result:
The result of ASRB NET 2023 will be declared on the official website. Candidates can check their results online by entering their Roll no. and Date of Birth. The Candidates scoring above the cut-off decided by the authority will qualifying the examination and will be issued a NET certificate. Candidates can apply for lectureship jobs in state agriculture universities and different agriculture universities.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here