IIIT Delhi Admission 2023: IIIT Delhi stands for Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Delhi which was established in the year 2008. It offers several courses like M.Tech, B.Tech, and immense of Ph.D. programs in so many disciplines. Application forms are easily available on the official website of IIIT Delhi. Candidates can find below information about How to get IIIT Delhi Admission 2023:
- If a candidate wants to seek admission in B.Tech programs then the candidate needs to show the valid scores acquired in JEE Main followed by Joint Admission Counselling (JAC). JAC is commenced in connection with DTU or Delhi Technological University, NSIT or Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology and (IGDTUW) Indira Gandhi Technical University for Women
- The admission to B.Tech, ITSS (Information Technology and Social Sciences) and CSD (Computer Science and Design) are proffered on the basis of marks attained in JEE Main but some of the seats in ITSS are filled based on the merit in class XII and in CDS based on scores attained in UCEED.
- Those who want to seek admission in M.Tech Computational Biology (CB) are required to appear for two different tests, viz. Engineering & Mathematical Skills Test and Basic Aptitude Test.
- Admission into M.Tech courses is based on three important stages, but before that performance in academics is evaluated first. Those who have scored valid GATE scores, GPAT, CSIR-NET will be provided with the given preference during the time of final admission to M.Tech (CB)
- The next stage consisted of a written examination at IIIT Delhi, which will be amongst 60 applicants and they will be called for the final stage of the admission.
- The third stage consisted of personal interviews by the faculty member of IIIT Delhi which is followed by documents verification.
- If foreign students are willing to apply for admissions through DASA then they need to show the relevant SAT scores.
IIIT Delhi 2023 Exam Date:
|Application Form Date Start:
|1st week of July 2023
|Application form Last Date:
|2nd week of July 2023
|Merit list for IIITD 2023
|Counseling Dates starts
IIIT Delhi Admission 2023 Info:
- Institute’s Name: Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi)
- Type of Institute: Institute of National Importance, Self-Sustaining
- Admission Criteria: Entrance-based
- Mode of Application: Online
- Entrance’s name: JEE Main/ UCEED: B.Tech
- GATE/ CSIR-NET/ GPAT/ Written Test and Interview: M.Tech (CB)
- GATE/ Written Test and Interview: M.Tech (ECE/ CSE)
IIIT Delhi B.Tech Admission 2023:
IIIT Delhi proffers B.Tech in various streams based on the JEE Main and UCEED scores (Computer Science & Design stream). XII with PCM (80% marks in aggregate should be scored at least) is the least eligibility criteria for seeking admission into the course.
Admission to B.Tech course (ECE/ CSAM/ CSE) and to some seats of B.Tech(CSD) and B.Tech(ITSS) will be done based on the scores attained in JEE Main which will further be followed by counseling (JAC).
To avail admission into some of the seats in B.Tech (ITSS) only for Delhi-based students of Non-Science background is possible to do base on the scores acquired in 10+2. Few seats in B.Tech (CSD) only for Delhi-based students will be occupied on the basis of a valid score acquired in UCEED.
To apply for Courses such as B.Tech., Specialization in Computer Science & Engineering, the candidate must have done 10+2 (PCM) with at least 80% marks in aggregate. Selection criteria will be based on 80% marks individually in Mathematics.
To apply for B.Tech., Specialization in Computer Science & Engineering, the candidate needs to attain a valid score in JEE Main followed by counseling (JAC) and UCEED
IIIT Delhi Admission 2023 Important Info:
UCEED score is the only relevant info for seeking IIIT Delhi Admission 2023 to some of the seats in B.Tech (CSD) which is applicable to the students of Delhi.
Candidates belonging to Delhi, Non-Science background can also apply for seeking admission to some of the seats in B.Tech (ITSS) on the basis of marks in 10+2.
Overall, there are 28 seats each for B.Tech (CSD and ITSS) that needed to be filled via JAC, and 22 seats needed to be filled via UCEED.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2023:
IIIT Delhi proffers the M.Tech program into several disciplines at the Postgraduate level. BE/ B.Tech in the related discipline or M.Sc/ MCA with at least 65% (55% for SC/ST categories) is the least eligibility criteria for seeking admission into the course. To seek admission into M.Tech program is a three-stage selection process.
- First Stage comprises of shortlisting of candidates based on the marks attained in the last qualifying degree.
- Second Stage consisted of accounts of a written Test commenced by IIIT Delhi.
- Third Stage consisted of an interview round.
Note: GATE/ GPAT or CSIR-NET score holders will avail an additional advantage during the time of final admission.
To apply for M.Tech (CSE), Specialization in Information Security, the candidate must have secured an average minimum of 65% marks (55% marks for candidates belonging to reserved categories) in BE/ B.Tech in the relevant discipline OR MCA or M.Sc (IT/ CS). Selection of the candidate is based on entrance test and Personal Interview OR GATE score
To apply for M.Tech (ECE), Specialization in VLSI & Embedded Systems, the candidate must have attained at least 65% marks (55% marks for reserved category candidates) in BE/ B.Tech in the relevant discipline OR M.Sc (ECE/EE).
To apply for M.Tech (CB), Specialization in Computational Biology, the candidate must have successfully completed B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) OR B.Tech/BE in any of the discipline/ MCA/ M.Sc. (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences)/ B.Pharm/ MBBS with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) inclusive of Mathematics and one Computer Programming subject at Graduation level. Selection will be done via Entrance Examination and Personal Interview. GATE/ GPAT/ CSIR-NET score holders will fetch the benefit during the time of final admission
Important to Note: the Application form is easy to avail through the official website of IIIT Delhi by paying Rs 360.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
IIIT Delhi Ph.D. Admission 2023:
Those who have successfully completed their UG and PG degree from some universities can apply for Ph.D. programs offered by IIIT Delhi.
There is a provision via which Ph.D. students can modify their course to the M.Tech if the candidate has completed only B.Tech prior to enrolling for the Ph.D. program.
To apply for Ph.D. ECE, the candidate must avail of the graduation degree (BE/MCA/ B.Tech/M.Sc) and/or post-graduation (MS/ MTech/ME in CS/IT/EE/ECE) degree in the valid subject from some recognized university. The selection will further be done via written test and Personal Interview
Important to Note:
- GATE score or the degree of post-graduation is not mandatory to apply for doctoral programs.
- Those who will be in doctoral programs will get a stipend of INR 27,000 in the first year and this amount can be INR 30,000 in the succeeding years of the research program.
- If the candidate is interested in presenting papers during conferences at the national or international level, then he/she will get the financial assistance for the same.
IIIT Delhi Application Process 2023:
Find below the IIIT Delhi Admission 2023 Application Process:
- Download the application form from the official website of JAC in the month of June.
- Click on the “Apply online” link mentioned on the menu bar.
- After registration gets over, the candidate will get the preview and fetch the details filled accurately or not
- The application fee will be INR1400 which can be paid via Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking. The fee submission is possible to do via online registration and for which candidate needs to enter their JEE Main (Roll number), Mobile number, and email address.
- Foreign nationals will pay $ 300 via online mode.
- Do not send hard copies of any of the documents, but the candidate is required to carry original copies during the time of counseling.
Documents needed for Counselling:
- Category Certificate (if required)
- Class X and XII mark sheet and passing certificate
- Domicile Certificate along with Identity Proof
- Recent passport size photographs
IIIT Delhi strictly follows reservations according to the guidelines set by the Delhi Government. 85% of the seats are reserved for students who have completed 10+2 from a Delhi based school and the remaining 15% seats will be allotted for those who do not belong to Delhi.
To fetch admission in the reserved seat, the applicant must come up with all the required documents during the time of admission:
- Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL), 27%
- Scheduled Castes (SC), 15 %
- Kashmiri Migrants Seats (KM), 10%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST), 7.5%
- Defence sub-category (CW), 5%
- Differently Abled Person (PD), 3%
- Students who have enrolled for M.Tech Computational Biology will get the tuition fee waiver of 50%.
- Teaching Assistantship is assistance (financial assistance) via this fellowship under which the amount will be paid via AICTE-DBT to the respective account directly. This can be acquired by students enrolled in full-time courses only. It is compulsory that M.Tech students should fetch recommendations from the admission committee. A monthly amount of INR 12,400 will be given to the student for a period of 2 years.
- Tech students will also be hired as Research Assistants/Interns on different sponsored projects for which they will catch the stipend for working full-time during the summer semester.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here