IISER Admission 2023: The IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) Exam is conducted for admissions to the 5-year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme at the seven IISER across India. IISER is the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research. Admission to this prestigious institute is done in three ways: through KVPY, through JEE Advanced Ranking, and through the state and central board methods.
IISER 2023 Admission Notification 2023:
- IISER 2023 Application Form has been released on 15th April 2023 and the last date to apply is 25th May 2023.
IISER 2023: Highlights
|Exam Name||IISER 2023|
|Full Form||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Aptitude Test Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||IISER Bhopal|
|Program Offered||For Admission into 5-year BS-MS programs, 4-year BS in Engineering and Economic Sciences at IISER Bhopal|
|Application Mode||Online i.e. the Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Application Form Release Date||15th April 2023||15th April 2023||TBA|
|Last date for online applications||25th May 2023||25th May 2023||TBA|
|IISER Aptitude Test||17th June 2023||–||–|
|Corrections in the application form||28th May 2023 11:00 AM to 29th May 2023 5:00 PM|
|Release of Hall Ticket||10th June 2023|
|Upload of student’s response form||17th June 2023|
|Display of answer keys||17th June 2023|
|The Portal opens to file objections||20th June 2023|
|Last date to file objections||22nd June 2023|
|Display of final answer keys||30th June 2023|
|IAT result publication||3rd July 2023|
|The Portal opens to upload documents and freeze IISER preferences||4th July 2023 to 7th July 2023|
|First round of admission offers||15th July 2023|
IISER Admission 2023 Application Form:
Students who are planning to appear for IISER and fill out the application form for the same must note that they need to have some documents with them. These documents shall be uploaded at the time of application form filling. Take a look at the probable documents required for IISER.
- An image of your passport-size photograph. The image must be in PNG, JPG, or BMP format. The maximum size should be 2 MB.
- A clear image of your mark sheet with subject-wise marks in.png,.jpg, or.bmp format. The size of the image should not be larger than 2 MB.
- If applying through the KVPY or JEE Advanced Channel, then the registration details for the respective exams will be needed.
- Access to a payment method (credit/debit cards, net banking, UPI)
After checking the IISER Eligibility Criteria, the students have to next fill out the IISER Application Form. It is the most important step that the aspirants need to complete if they wish to appear for this examination. They need to fill out the form, whether they are planning to go for any of the methods: KVPY Method, JEE Advanced Method, or SCB Method.
IISER 2023 Admission: Click here
IISER 2023 Registration:
The first step is the registration process for the exam. For this stage, it is required that the students have a valid and working E-Mail Id and phone number. It is because all the communications regarding the examination will be sent through both of these methods. At this stage, they will have to enter the details as asked in the form like name, phone number, E-Mail Id, etc and other such details. After it, the students will get the login details so as to fill the rest of the IISER Application Form.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
In the next step, the candidate has to log in to the portal to complete the IISER Application Form. Different details might be there for all the categories. Candidates have to fill in the details correctly. Also, they will need to upload some documents as well. It should be ensured that all the details are filled and the documents uploaded and saved simultaneously as well.
IISER 2023 Application Fee:
After doing so, they will be redirected to the payment window. Here the student needs to pay the mentioned application fee through the credit/debit/net banking methods. It should be known that without paying the application fee, the student shall not be allowed to appear for the exam. Also, they need to take a printout of the application form. It has to be submitted at the time of the admission process. As per the previous year data, the IISER Application fee can be as follows for different categories:
|General and OBC NC categories:||Rs. 2000|
|Kashmiri Migrants, physically handicapped candidates
and candidates under SC/ST category
The payment has to be made through a secure payment gateway such as Credit and Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI. For candidates applying through one or more methods, separate fees have to be paid. It should be ensured that the payment has been completed successfully. It is an estimate which we are giving for the application fee as per the past trends. For the year, it is very much likely to remain the same.
IISER 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must check the following IISER Admission Eligibility Criteria:
- Nationality: Indian Citizens, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) & Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) candidates are eligible to apply for IISER Admission.
- KVPY Channel: In this category, candidates need to have a valid KVPY fellowship commencing -21. Candidates will also have to meet cut-off criteria which will be applicable (in addition).
- JEE Advanced Channel: Candidates of the general category will have to qualify JEE Advanced and will have to obtain a rank within 10000 in Common Rank List (CRL). For SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC-NCL categories, the category rank will be considered.
- SCB Channel Qualification: Candidates must have passed/appearing intermediate examination with science stream in 2019.
- Mandatory (SCB): Candidates will have to score more or equal of cut-off percentages in their respective boards.
- Cut-off (SCB): The cut-off percentage for intermediate prescribed by the board must be obtained in order to be eligible.
- Appling (SCB): Students applying through the SCB channel will have to appear in IISER Aptitude Test
- The first and foremost important thing for the students who are planning to appear for this exam is to check the eligibility criteria for the exam. It is important to do so because if at any stage, it is found that the student is not meeting any of the criteria, they shall not be allowed to take admissions. Admission in IISER is conducted in three ways. Hence the eligibility criteria for all three are different. Have a look at the expected IISER Eligibility Criteria.
a) Through (KVPY)
- Students who seek admission to this institute through this method need to ensure that they have a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from the current academic session. There also might be some additional criteria which the students need to meet.
b) Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE)
- Students who wish to take admission to the premier institute through this channel must have secured rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced. Those belonging to the reserved category must have their category rank within 10000.
c) State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
- This is the 3rd way by which the students can take admission to this college. Those who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in or 2019 with marks equal to or above the cut-off percentage are eligible to apply. It is different for all the respective boards. For candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation. The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in (10+2) level for all boards. One important thing to note down is that those applying through this will have to necessarily appear for IISER Aptitude Test. Students applying through the other two methods need not appear for the exam.
Candidates must go through the following before starting the exam preparation:
- Mode of Exam: The will get conducted through online (computer-based) mode.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total of 60 questions, i.e. 15 from each subject.
- Duration: The exam duration will be of 3 hours.
- Types of Questions: The question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be of 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will get deducted for every wrong answer.
Check in the table below – Distribution of No. of questions & Total marks for each subject for SCB (Aptitude Test) Channel:
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
Aspirants who are preparing for IISER must have the syllabus for this exam while they are preparing for it. With the help of the syllabus, the students will have an idea of what all topics are there from which the questions might be asked in the exam. The syllabus of IISER is based on the topics of Class 11th and Class 12th NCERT Syllabus.
The IISER Admit Card is important for those students who shall be appearing for the aptitude examination. It will be released online on the official website of IISER only for those students who opted for the SCB method for applying to the college. Students will have to enter their login details to download the IISER Admit Card.
The admit card of IISER shall contain details such as name, roll number, day and date of the examination, test venue details, etc. Candidates have to
Through IISER, admissions to a total of 1325 seats are conducted at all the IISER. Aspirants who wish to study in this college can have a look at this page to know the complete details about this exam, what the formalities the student needs to do, and other important things about it.
The following institutes take students for admission to various courses through IISER Result
|IISER Berhampur||100 Seats|
|IISER Bhopal||250 seats(Basic Sciences – 200; Engineering Sciences – 50)|
|IISER Kolkata||200 Seats|
|IISER Pune||225 Seats|
|IISER Mohali||200 Seats|
|IISER Thiruvananthapuram||200 Seats|
|IISER Tirupati||150 Seats|
Five-year BS-MS integrated degree in Engineering Sciences
Four years BS Programme in Economic Sciences in IISER Bhopal. For taking admissions to this course, it is important that the student has Mathematics as the subject at 10+2 level:
We have told you that the students need to have a minimum cut-off percentage to be eligible for appearing in the IISER Aptitude Test
|Himachal Pradesh||79.3||Jammu & Kashmir||86.2|
|National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)||83.6||Punjab||80.4|
|Uttar Pradesh||74.3||West Bengal||75.9|
The result will be declared on the official website of IISER. The individual who has appeared for the exam can check their results online mode after the declaration. The aspirant would have to log in to check their results by entering the registered email address.
On the basis of JEE Main, KVPY, and IISER, the candidates will be able to get admission to the IISER. Those aspirants have scored higher than the rest of the applicants, only they would be selected in the list of IISER selected candidates.
The following documents would be needed when you want to check your results.
- Hall Ticket number
- Date of Birth
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here