Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: For individuals interested in joining the Indian Coast Guard as a Navik, Yantrik, or Assistant Commandant, the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Exam is one of the most sought exams. Every year, the Indian Coast Guard runs multiple national-level recruiting tests for these positions. Because there is no backdoor admission into the Indian Coast Guard, recruitment is completely based on merit. To apply for these tests, candidates must fulfill certain qualifying requirements.
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) publishes notices for these tests on its official website, and the remainder of the procedures are likewise completed online. The exams, on the other hand, are held offline. A written test is followed by a Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and a Medical Examination as part of the selection process.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Overview:
|Recruitment Organization||Indian Coast Guard|
|Salary/ Pay Scale||Rs. 56100/- (Level -10)|
|Location of Jobs||All India|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Exam Category||Defense Jobs|
Indian Coast Guard Navik Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates wishing to apply for the Indian Coast Guard Navik must fulfill the set eligibility criteria. Candidates failing the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to appear for the exam. The following is the eligibility criteria for Indian Coast Guard Navik:
- Navik (General Duty): Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary with Maths and Physics from an education board approved by the Council of Boards for School Education (CBSE)
- Navik (Domesting Branch): Candidates must have passed Secondary or Matric from a certified education board by the Council of Boards for School Education (CBSE).
Indian Coast Guard Navik Selection Process:
The following phases make up the selection procedure for these positions:
- Phase I: This is a written test that will be held for all positions.
- Phase-II: Candidates will be invited for Stage-II based on their performance in Stage-I, which will comprise a Physical Fitness Test, Document Verification, Re-assessment of Inconsistent Performers, and an Initial Medical Examination.
- Phase-III: An all-India merit list will be generated based on the performance in Stages I and II, and an e-admit card for Stage-III (final medicals at INS Chilka) would be granted based on the vacancies available and the ratio determined by ICG.
- Phase-IV: Candidates who pass Stage III and are provisionally selected for training at INS Chilka are shortlisted for this stage based on merit.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Important Dates:
|Online Application form start to submit||Update Soon|
|Deadline to submit the online application form||Update Soon|
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
- The test is objective in nature, with multiple-choice questions.
- Basic English, Mathematics, Physics, Basic Chemistry, Reasoning, Current Events, and Quantitative Aptitude are among the topics covered on the test.
- The questions are of the Class 12 difficulty level.
- Those who pass the written exam are invited to do the physical fitness test (PFT)
- Certain documents are scrutinized on the day of the written test.
Physical Fitness Test:
- For applicants who scored on or above the cutoff marks in the written test, a two-day PFT will be held.
- The parameters of PFT will be as follows:
- A six-kilometer run must be finished in seven minutes.
- 20 reps of squats (Uthak Baithak).
- Push-ups (10)
- During the PFT, candidates should dress comfortably in athletic attire such as sneakers, t-shirts, and pants.
Documents required at the time of the written examination & PFT:
- Online e-admit card that has been pre-filled and has the most recent photos attached (3 copies)
- Valid government-issued picture identification, such as a passport, driver’s license, Aadhaar card/Voter I-Card, Pan Card, School/College ID-Card, or any other photo ID.
- A printed copy of the application form is required (2 copies)
- Recent passport-sized color photos with a blue backdrop (Ten)
- Original certificate and mark sheet from the tenth grade
- Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate / District Magistrate issued original caste certificate (if applicable) of their respective state
- Original certificate and mark sheet from the 12th grade
- Proof of residence
FAQs Indian Coast Guard
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here