Jadavpur University Admission 2022: Jadavpur University is a well dignified, prestigious university since 1955. Jadavpur University is a state government university located in Kolkata (WEST BENGAL). Jadavpur University was established on 24th Dec 1955; 65 years ago. Jadavpur university’s motto is “To Know Is to Grow”. The University offers many various courses like Arts, science, engineering, law, etc. The University is accredited with grade’ A’ by NAAC. The National Institutional Ranking framework has ranked 12 among engineering institutes in India in 2019, 13 overall and 6th among universities. Jadavpur University has achieved autonomous university status by UGC in the year 2018.
Jadavpur University Admission 2022 Application Form:
The admission to Jadavpur University is done through an entrance examination conducted once in a year, usually from the last week of March to the second week of April. The admission form is released online after notification. The application can be filled through the following process.
- The online form will be available and can be filled through the official website of the university only.
- Applicants must fill correct information.
- A scanned copy of the documents required for the desired course has to be submitted with the application form.
- One passport-sized photograph should be submitted along with the application form. The name and date of birth of the applicant must be written behind the photo before submission.
- The duly filled application form has to be submitted with the full signature of the applicant along with self-declaration by the applicant about the truthfulness of the information provided by the applicant.
Before Submission of the Application Form:-
- Note down the application number for future reference
- Review personal and payment information.
Jadavpur University Application Fee:
The applicant should create a candidate account with his valid e-mail address and set a password. The application form fee isRs.150 for all categories. The mode of payment of the application fee is by Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
Jadavpur University 2022 Exam Date:
|Start the Registration||June 2022|
|Last date for online registration||June 2022|
|Fees submit the last date||June 2022|
|Admit Card Released||June 2022|
|Jadavpur University 2022 Exam Date||June 2022|
|End to submit Application||June 2022|
|Merit List||July 2022|
|Jadavpur University B.Ed 2022 Application form submit||September 2022|
- The applicant should have completed Higher Secondary school with at least 45% marks.
- Applicants seeking admission in technical courses i.e. in engineering should have passed higher secondary with subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Applicants who studied biology in the high secondary are eligible for courses like Pharmacy or nursing.
- To grant admission in UG Courses like engineering, technology, architecture, and pharmacy, Jadavpur University requires WBJEE (West Bengal joint entrance exam) result.
- The applicants should have completed the graduation course with at least 50% marks.
- It is mandatory to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- To grant admission in PG Courses like engineering, technology, architecture, and pharmacy, Jadavpur University requires the GATE result.
- The applicants should have a post-graduate degree with at least 60% marks.
- The said degree should be from a recognized university.
- The pharmaceutical sciences course requires two years of experience in the Managerial/ Academic/ Executive field.
The university conducts an entrance exam. Also, the university shows interest in candidate those have performed well in their higher secondary school exams. Additionally, the scoring system of the university also accounts for the performance of the candidate in JEE and WBJEE. The final merit list is drawn after comparing these two performances of candidates. University publishes the merit list on its official website. The applicants who are shortlisted can further proceed for counselling and after counselling, admission procedure takes place.
The syllabus is fully based on the course selected by the candidate while applying. The syllabus is designed by the Jadavpur University in a way that it is easy to understand. Also, the syllabus so designed that it suites every student preparing for admission.
Those applicants whose applications are accepted by the university can download the admit card from the Jadavpur University web portal. The applicants can download the admit card when needed with the help of the email and password they have set while registering.
The list of selected applicants who can proceed for counselling and admission would be published in the university’s web portal.
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|CDS Exam eBook with Solved Paper – Buy Now|
The answer key is provided by the official website of JEE or WBJEE. The shortlisted applicants are called for counselling by the Jadavpur University. Applicants are included in the university merit list according to their performance in JEE or WBJEE depending on their selected courses.
The cut-off depends on the selected course by the applicant. The applicant may self-assess his eligibility by tallying it with the university’s set eligibility criteria.
Jadavpur University has two semi-residential campuses. In which one of them operates out of Jadavpur campus and another in Salt Lake 26 acres. The Jadavpur university provides reasonable lodging and flooding in the hostel when candidates take admission, they have to pay Rs 3000 which includes the mess fee additionally the monthly rent is Rs.15/ and the electricity is charged at Rs.10/per month. Everyone gets a single room.