North Eastern Hill University Admission 2024-25: North Eastern Hill University or NEHU is a central university accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC. The University has 53 colleges affiliated to the University inclusive of eight professional institutes. The university has eight different schools that offer UG, PG and doctoral level programmes. Find out about NEHU Admission 2024 process, eligibility criteria, and other details through this article.
NEHU 2024 Admission Process:
The NEHU Admission 2024 process begins in May every year. Check the admission process followed at North Eastern Hill University for admission to different courses:
- Admission to NEHU Shillong BTech admission is based on the performance in JEE Main
- BArch admission is based on scores attained in NATA
- MBA admission is based on the applicant’s scores in MAT followed by university-level GD and PI round
- GATE score is the requirement for MTech admission
- The entrance test is required for admission to BA LLB (Hons) programme
- Admission to UG and PG courses is based on the merit of the previous qualifying exam
NEHU UG Admission:
There are no different courses offered for Undergraduate programmes. The courses include are BA, BTech and BSc as flagship UG programmes. Admission to these programmes is based on the merit of the previous qualifying exam or national/ university level entrance tests
BA, BA (Hons) Admission:
Admission to BA and BA (Hons) courses is based on the applicant’s aggregate in class XII. Check the eligibility criteria below:
BA specialization in General, Nepali, Environmental Science and Garo:
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have completed class XII from some recognized board
BA (Hons) Specialization in Political Science, History, Geography and Economics
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have completed class XII in any stream from some recognised board
The B Sc course is for the duration of three years and comprises of 6 semesters. It consisted of four specialisations. Applicants are shortlisted on the basis of marks attained in class XII.
B Sc Specialization in Chemistry, Zoology, Botany and Mathematics
- Eligibility Criteria: The minimum qualification is class XII in Science stream from some recognized board.
The University offers B.Tech Programme in four different specializations. The seats will be filled by the applicants who have attained relevant JEE Main scores.
Tech Specializations in Biomedical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology and Energy Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidate needs to have clear JEE Main Exam to apply for the exam. Candidate must have completed class XII in Science stream from a recognized board with at least 45% aggregate marks and 40% for SC/ST category candidates.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Applicants seeking admission to BArch programme need to appear NATA. The
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicant must have completed class XII in Science stream from some recognised board with at least 50% aggregate and 45% for SC/ST category applicants.
BA LLB (Hons):
The admission to BA LLB (Hons) is based on the marks attained in the entrance test commenced by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicant must have completed class XII in any stream from some recognized board with at least 50% aggregate marks and 45% for SC/ST category candidates.
B.Com, BBA, B.Ed Admission:
Admission to B Com, BBA and B.Ed programme is based on the merit of the previous qualifying exam.
- Eligibility Criteria for B Com and BBA: Candidate must have done class XII in any stream from some recognised board
- Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed: Applicant must be a graduate from some recognised institute/university
The University proffers almost 10 courses at post-graduation level. The admission is based on merit in the previous qualifying exam or national level entrance test.
MA, M.Sc Programmes:
North Eastern Hill University proffers MA and MSc programme in various specializations. The University will shortlist the eligible candidates based on the merit of the previous qualifying exam.
MA Specializations in English, History, Geography and Political Science
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicant must have done graduation from some recognised institute/university with at least 50% aggregate and 45% for SC/ST category applicants.
Sc Specialization in Physics, Botany, Chemistry and Zoology
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have done B Sc or equivalent in the relevant discipline from a recognized institute/university with at least 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ ST candidates)
M Tech Admission:
Admission to M. Tech is based on the candidate’s performance in GATE.
Tech Specialization in Information Technology, and Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: The minimum qualification is BE/BTech in the relevant discipline from some recognized institute/university with at least 50% aggregate and 45% for SC/ST category candidates.
MBA course is offered for the duration of 2 years. Selection is based on the marks attained in MAT followed by GD and PI round commenced by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The minimum qualification is BBA or equivalent from somea recognized institute/university
MD, MS, DM Admission:
MD, MS and DM programmes are offered at Pune University for the two years duration. The final merit list is based on the aggregate marks obtained by a candidate in the previous qualifying exam.
MD Specializations in Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, General Medicine, Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy, and Microbiology
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have completed MBBS or equivalent degree from the recognized institute/university
MS Specialization in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, General Surgery and ENT
- Eligibility Criteria: The minimum qualification to apply is MBBS or equivalent degree from the recognized institute/ university
DM in Cardiology
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicant must have completed MD in Medicine from a recognized institute/university
MPhil, PhD Admission:
North Eastern Hill University offers doctoral-level courses via its various several schools of study. Those who are looking forward to seeking admission to these courses need to appear for an entrance test which is followed by a GD and PI round commenced the University.
- Eligibility Criteria: The minimum qualification is Post Graduation in any discipline with at least 55 percent aggregate and 50% for SC/ ST candidates
List of MPhil Specializations:
Here is the list of MPhil specializations:
- Political Science
List of PhD Specializations:
Here is the list of PhD specializations:
- Nano Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Information Technology
- Library and Information Science
- Electronics & Communication
- Biomedical Engineering
- Political Science
- Tourism & Hotel Management
North Eastern Hill University 2024 Application Process:
Here is the step-by-step process to apply for admission in North Eastern Hill University:
- First visit the official website of NEHU Shillong (nehu.ac.in)
- Then, go to the ‘Students’ tab and click on ‘Fees’
- Register yourself by filling in the personal details. After filling the details, click the ‘Register’ button
- Your login ID and password along with the application form filling link sent to the registered email ID. Click the link to proceed further
- Sign onto the account with your email ID and password. Press the ‘Login’ button
- Select the course for which you wish to seek admission into
- Now, start uploading the copy of passport-size photograph and signature in JPG/ JPEG (up to 50 kb). Fill all the details in the form
- Lastly, submit the application fee
Check the category wise application fee given below:
- General/ OBC category candidates: Rs 800/-
- SC/ST category candidates: Rs 400/-
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here