SBI PO Exam Pattern & Syllabus: The State Bank of India (SBI) conducts the SBI PO (Probationary Officer) Exam. SBI PO is one of the most coveted jobs in the banking industry and a dream job for millions of Candidates across India. To clear the SBI PO exam, candidates need to know about the exam pattern & syllabus. Here in this article, we will give the information about Exam Pattern & syllabus.
SBI PO Exam Pattern:
There are 3 stages to clear the SBI PO Exam. The first stage will be Prelims, the second will be Mains and the third stage will be Interview:
- Prelims (online written test)
- Mains (online written test)
- Group Discussion & Interview
Exam Pattern For Prelims:
- This is the 1st stage of the Exam and Conducted through the Online Mode.
- There will have 3 sections and each section will have to be completed in 20 Minutes.
- There will be 100 questions of 100 marks in the exam.
- The Exam duration will be 1 hour.
- All the questions will be set bilingually i.e. in English and Hindi, except the English Language.
- 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
The section-wise division of the marks is given below:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
Mains Exam Pattern:
- Mains Exam is the 2nd Stage of the SBI PO Exam. The candidates who will qualify for the Prelims of the SBI PO Exam will be eligible to appear for the SBI PO Mains Exam.
- There will be four sections for the SBI PO Mains Exam namely Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation & General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, English Language.
- The candidate needs to complete the exam within 3 hours.
- 0.25 Marks will be deducted for every wrong answer and No deduction will be made in marks if a question is left unattempted or blank by a candidate in the exam.
Introduction of Descriptive Test:
The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Interview:
Candidates who will qualify for the objective and descriptive test will be called for a group discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI).
- SBI PO Group Exercises will be of 20 marks while the Interview will be of 30 marks. Thus, making it a total of 50 Marks.
- Candidates will face a panel of selectors discussing their experience and questions related to General Knowledge and the Banking Sector.
SPI PO Syllabus:
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Syllabus for Prelims Exam:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Blood Relations||Mixtures &Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SBI PO Main Syllabus:
|Data Interpretation & Analysis||Reasoning||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Aptitude|
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning & Syllogism||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Data Sufficiency||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input-Output||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||Number System|
|Coding and Decoding||Operating System|
|Code Inequalities||Basic of Logic Gates|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|
After the Personal Interviews, a merit list will be prepared by the State Bank of India wherein the candidate’s score of the Mains Exam and Interview Round will be taken into account. Based on the score obtained by candidates and the available vacancies, final cut-off marks will be declared. All candidates who clear the cut-off range will be granted the Appointment Letter by the State Bank of India for the post of Probationary Officer.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here